Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

waah posted:

Summer is much more tolerable now that I don't live in North Carolina and it doesn't get :negative: hot as gently caress from mid April through late September.

Dude it gets worse every year. Good decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

This was me trying to start my leafblower for 15 minutes this morning

(I had the switch set to off)

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Raleigh has quit messing around with DUIS. We have to be one of the strictest cities around now. There was a big thing here about 5 years ago where at least one judge (or prosector, I think a judge) and some attorneys were colluding to get DUIs dropped and ever since then DUI enforcement has been all out. There are checkpoints all over every holiday and at night you will get lit up quick for driving like an idiot. Last Halloween I went through a checkpoint and there was an entire parking lot of people in costumes trying to hail cabs because their driver got busted. I mean like 100 people at 3am just sitting there dressed as Pippi Longstockings and the Joker stampeding whenever they saw a taxi. It was a hilarious sight.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Raleigh has Uber now so it would have worked here.

edit

it says

quote:

Beginning this month, NFL players will be able to summon a ride in any of Uber's international locations, including nearly 17 NFL cities and Pro Bowl host Honolulu. Once a ride is requested via Uber's smartphone app, a ride will arrive within minutes.

I read this as it would work in any city which has Uber and only17 NFL cities have Uber so far.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I cannot remember where I saw it, maybe the U documentary, but whatever it was briefly showed a big board in Miami's weight room showing all time record by position, and Testaverde had the QB record by a mile with a 500 pound squat. Now that I think about it, it may have been inclusive of all positions.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Spoeank posted:

qt Brennan Williams ‏@GREATBLACKOTAKU 24s
This is my waifu. There are many like her, but this one is mine.

:stonk:

I googled this and I still don't know what it means. Does it mean a fake girlfriend? Is it an actual picture you print out and prop up while you eat dinner or watch TV? Or is it in your imagination? Is a 3d girl then a real person or a 3d picture?

Actually, what the hell am I asking for, I don't want to know this poo poo!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
DeAngelo Williams has to be one of the coolest people in the NFL

DeAngelo Williams
6 mins ·
He just doesn't know it yet but he will be sitting in this seat when he boards the plane I always give up my 1st class seat! ‪#‎isalutethetroops‬!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The most memorable Vikings play was Randy Moss and his no look mid tackle lateral for a touchdown to another Viking as the clock was expiring on the first half. I have no idea if this impacted anything but it is one of the greatest plays in NFL history

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Eifert Posting posted:

I found a Bengals podcast for killing time on transit. Two episodes in and two separate instances of "Now I'm not wishing Mike Brown any specific harm, buuuht..."

I'm home.

wtf how can you tease it like this and not throw out a link, come on son!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Eifert Posting posted:

Inside the Jungle. It's not great but I'm on a bus two hours a day...

I listened to that one during the season. I don't remember them ever saying stuff like that. One of the guys said his dream was to write a comprehensive Mike Brown autobiography.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Ehud posted:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2014/07/mike_pouncey_and_brother_assaulted_man_at_cameo_nightclub_last_night_victim_claims.php

I think I hate Mike Pouncey. That's pretty amazing when you consider that he played for my college team when they won championships, and he's been one of the best centers in the league on my pro team.

It's a testament to how big of a jackass he is...

I don't see how you could be much dumber than him. He probably chose 51 for his jersey number in honor of his IQ. I hope he goes to jail or something because he needs to miss some time and the Dolphins wouldn't discipline him if he bodyslammed this guy through a table in front of the entire front office.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Are the 49ers and Ravens the two teams with the most legal trouble? Harbaugh discipline I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

A Man and his dog posted:

I never get this about Panther fans at BOA. Everyone is like "The nosebleed section has the best fans!"

That may be true (I've done 4 games in the nosebleed seats at BOA and had a blast), but no the seats loving suck.

I had two bad experiences in the nosebleeds at Carolina. There was a game vs Denver like 5 years ago and this guy was in the bathroom with his little child in his arms both wearing Cutler jerseys and these dickheads were screaming at him and one threw some beer on the guy while he had a goddamn 2 year old in his hand. I almost got in a brawl with those assholes helping the Denver fan get out of there. It was disgusting. I had on a Panthers shirt and hat and these toothless jackasses were like "Whats wrong with you man, Panther fans gotta stick together." If assaulting a man carrying a two year old child is a requirement then sign me up for Falcons season tickets, because I am off the bus.

The other time I was just surrounded by drunk trailer trash who most assuredly drove their lifted truck they spent their entire paycheck from Denny's on and it was awful, but then again that is every football game unless you are in good seats. I actually don't like going to games much anymore because the drunkeness is just too much, or I have to drop a ton of money to sit down below. I'd rather hang with my friends at the house with two TVs and a grill to be honest. Umm. drat I must be getting old :corsair:

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread