Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MourningView posted:

Everyone stop wearing loving bow ties right now.

Exception: black tie shindigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Schwack posted:

Yeah, there are lots of possible ways the team falls off, but I dont think any of them really involve Carroll's ability as a head coach.

Marshawn Lynch dies in Skittles factory tragedy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That Which Squeaks posted:

So in clicking on a link on a twitter I believe I found a Raiders fan who believes the NFL season is starting today. :psyduck:

@ArmonSigur July 6th
Get ready because we are going to Kick y'all rear end tomorrow look at this haha gently caress you jets pic.twitter.com/9S8SmJbLK8

@ArmonSigur 29m
@nfl What channel do the Raiders Game come on today I want to Wich it with my baby mama and my son please get back at Me

@ArmonSigur 19m
@ohioraider937 Was up my raider fan want Time the Raiders game is Comeing on today get back at Me and let me know raiders For life

The Raiders and Jets do play September 7th......

Meth is a horrible thing. Don't do meth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Worst visiting fans? I've sat next to Giants fans, Packers fan, even a Browns fans, but the worst was a 49ers fan who smelled worse than a black woman's vagina, which I've heard looks like Philippes French dipped roast beef sandwich thats been baking on the sidewalk of 4th Avenue outside of Century Link, does anyone else have a bad experience with visiting fans?

Doltos, stop hacking people's accounts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So is the Rosencopter one of the top three Texans plays? It really should be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Boston one is perfect. It's exactly as douchey as the fanbases.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm pretty sure lots of people were able to be amazing pro football players while enjoying an active and healthy social life outside the sport. Joe Montana won four Super Bowls in a decade and found time to be a well-received host on Saturday Night Live, for example.

J.J. Watt, you're an amazing talent but you're kind of a :spergin:

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 9, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

No Safe Word posted:

Name three players as good as JJ Watt at their position who weren't total 24/7 football guys

1) Joe Montana
2) Steve Young
3) Tom Brady

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I didn't list Bo Jackson because he's basically superhuman.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

Still a good choice because you don't get much clearer than flat out saying football is a hobby.

It just feels like cheating, y'know? Bo Jackson is like the Godwin's Law of football arguments except without all the nasty genocide and war crimes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I read somewhere that something close to 70% of Madden's on-air rambling nonsense was him trying not to swear like a drunken sailor on live TV.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I used to hate baseball. Then I found Pablo Sandoval.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Also, Cowboys and Panthers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Parmesan Basil posted:

Also I only own one tie. It is a clip on and it owns.

Suddenly, all is explained.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grozz Nuy posted:

Where the gently caress does New Orleans keep getting money to do this poo poo

Flood insurance payoffs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

W...why the Georgia Dome?

Why not the Georgia Dome?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grozz Nuy posted:

It didn't help that the Niners defense completely fell apart that postseason after pasting the Packers, but at least we lost to a team I don't hate. Nothing will be as bad as that 2011 conference championship.

Seriously. Even what Richard Sherman did to us last year didn't hurt like 2011 did. That just felt like "well poo poo :stare:" instead of horrible, soul-crushing pain.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Alex Smith a lot and I hope he does well and makes bank in Kansas City. I hope he breaks your playoff drought like he did ours.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Parmesan Basil posted:

He will not and, if he gets a new deal, he will be cut from it by year two. If we win a playoff game due to Alex loving Smith's quarterbacking, I will eat a ban.

If you're defense had played a hair better, he would've done it last year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Catch III :c00l:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

commy gun posted:

the gently caress is Patty Griffin

Can't be worse than Kathy Griffin.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Don't forget, too, that the """solution""" in KC right now is a guy who lost his job to Just Touchdowns like 5 years ago, among others including CFL standout player Troy Smith. The list of guys he lost his job to in SF is a mini-Browns-QB.jpg list of shitboxes.

Edit:
code:
2012	Alex Smith (9) / Colin Kaepernick (7)
2011	Alex Smith (16)
2010	Alex Smith (10) / Troy Smith (6)
2009	Alex Smith (10) / Shaun Hill (6)
2008	Shaun Hill (8) / J.T. O'Sullivan (8)
2007	Alex Smith (7) / Trent Dilfer (6) / Shaun Hill (2) / Chris Weinke (1)
2006	Alex Smith (16)
2005	Alex Smith (7) / Tim Rattay (4) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Cody Pickett (2)
'07 he got injured but look at that poo poo. Look at it. It also doesn't include, "WE WANT CARR!"

You best not be saying poo poo about Shaun Hill, boyo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Not any more. Dixon is with the Bills now, and Lattimore is on the PUP with hamstring and knee issues. We're down to Gore, Hyde, and Hampton.

Ffffffffuck.

I'm going to cheer hard for the Bills because I have a serious unhealthy mancrush on Anthony Dixon. I know that'll end well :smithicide:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

davecrazy posted:

Steelers are retiring Joe Greens number.

Retired numbers are dumb.

Ahem. *looks left*

No they aren't.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bad Moon posted:

If you retire numbers, then you don't get sweet things like multiple legends sharing the same number over the years

Is this supposed to be a burn on the Niners? Like because Jerry Rice played part of season with you while we were basement dwellers I'm supposed to get angry seeing his number on a Seahawks jersey?

Now if you win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith or Shaun Hill under center, then we can talk.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

football fuckerman posted:

you appear to be deeply mad and misunderstanding the post https://www.google.com/search?q=ste...iw=1308&bih=761

There's a difference between being mad and being confused.

For some reason Seahawks fans like to post that Jerry Rice image a lot at Niners fans like its a burn on us. It's actually kind of adorable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

football fuckerman posted:

When the seahawks signed rice, he could wear 80 because they hadn't retired it for Steve Largent. ok?

welp you edited your post so now i'm going to edit mine. the cop screams, defeated

Yeah I figured that out the second I hit post. because he wasn't wearing the same hideous neon green the modern Seahawks do I momentarily mistook him for a Colt or a Cowboy.

Coldforge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sOilV8XbMI

:psyduck:

Art gallery, Jamba Juice, interior decorating, and Captain Torpedo.

Vernon's kinda crazy, but at least he's not going to be one of those guys who just wastes away when he retires.

Vernon Davis owns so much in so many ways.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, what's going to happen to Troy Polamalu AKA the Only Likeable Steeler? Does he have to change numbers now, because if so that's deeply hosed up.

EDIT: Goddamn, I'm batting .000 today

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He's why 43 will be verboten

Yeah, I think I'ma gonna go to the locker room for a concussion test.

• Locked thread