Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Did they ever explain that botched bump as like the ref being bought off or something? Or did they expect people to forget about it if they didn't talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The ref was clearly hit, swerve brother.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Testekill posted:

Did they ever explain that botched bump as like the ref being bought off or something? Or did they expect people to forget about it if they didn't talk about it.

I don't think TNA has ever tried to explain or cover up their mistakes. What's particularly wild about this is they're loving taped shows, which makes for two possibilities:

1: They're too drat lazy to re-run the spot and edit it after the fact.
2: They did re-do the spot, and that was (sadly) the best they could do with it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Actually that was live on PPV

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh whoops that's right :downs:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
There's only one explanation: GHOSTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EajuQERlWJg

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
File this in the LOLTNA file:

quote:

--Last night on "Bar Rescue" on Spike there was a commercial for Impact. The commercial was built around Hulk Hogan, and also featured Sting and A.J. Styles.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

File this in the LOLTNA file:

That didn't happen.

No. That's just daft.

No.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's been two months and change but let us never forget

Did Bryan and/or Vinny have a great reaction to this? I bet they had a great reaction to this.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Did Bryan and/or Vinny have a great reaction to this? I bet they had a great reaction to this.

Only days later until they saw the gif. Very few caught it live.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well was their reaction to the gif great at least?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Very few catch anything TNA do live.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I am pretty sure they had something to say about it on Lockdown.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

I am pretty sure they had something to say about it on Lockdown.

I doubt that! It was Sacrifice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I doubt that! It was Sacrifice.

Whichever Hard Justice is was.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Impact Wrestling got a 1.1, up 17% from last week.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

CaptainYesterday posted:

We Just Need...... Rhino?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

George W. Bush is president, Kanye's new album Late Registration is a big hit, the Patriots just won their third Super Bowl, have you heard about this show Firefly?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

George W. Bush is president, Kanye's new album Late Registration is a big hit, the Patriots just won their third Super Bowl, have you heard about this show Firefly?

1/4 ain't bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Angle was on JR's podcast. Highlights:

His TNA deal expires Sept 21
TNA offered him an extension that he declined
Said his next wrestling contract will be his last and is weighing his options of who it's with
Should be ready for in-ring return in Oct, regardless of which company it's for

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

Angle was on JR's podcast. Highlights:

His TNA deal expires Sept 21
TNA offered him an extension that he declined
Said his next wrestling contract will be his last and is weighing his options of who it's with
Should be ready for in-ring return in Oct, regardless of which company it's for

I hope he gets one last WWE run.

(what am I talking about? you know he's heading to gfw :cripes:)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kurt seemed "over it" when it comes to TNA.

One thing Chris James 2 missed is that he says he is donE moonsaulting off cages.

Christian's interview with Jericho was fairly safe - stuck to his early career and some generalities about TNA and his 2nd WWE run. Seemed to tread softly when it came to current WWE due to his contract coming due and his career with WWE being questionable.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 9, 2014

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Done with or down for?

The Japanese PPV is on free Brit TV tonight. First match is Bad Influence whoo!

Edit: a round of applause for Daniels doing a clean break? Japan, you so crazy.

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 9, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

I hope he doesn't, for his sake and the fact he's such an rear end in a top hat.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Call Me Charlie posted:

There is no way in the world he is heading to WWE for any sort of in-ring capacity, and I doubt he's just going to want to do a Legends contract. So yes, he will be appearing* in a GFW ring near you very soon! :haw:

*he won't

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I would love Kurt Angle as an announcer or on-screen authority figure. I do not want to see him do wrestling moves in a ring ever again. MAYBE deliver an Olympic Slam if they decide to have Heath Slater get killed by retired guys again.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

skaboomizzy posted:

I would love Kurt Angle as an announcer or on-screen authority figure. I do not want to see him do wrestling moves in a ring ever again. MAYBE deliver an Olympic Slam if they decide to have Heath Slater get killed by retired guys again.

IIRC, there was a story about how Vince (after realizing Angle was insane, even by pro wrestling standards) became very very nervous about not having an Olympic gold medalist dying on his watch. It was either part of the reason why Angle was let go, or part of the reason why they haven't been interested in bringing him back (in spite of all the flowers Vince sends Angle every week), or both.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Surely New Japan is more likely than GFW? Of course he could probably do both but GFW is a vaporware wrestling promotion.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Surely New Japan is more likely than GFW? Of course he could probably do both but GFW is a vaporware wrestling promotion.

This is a great analogy. Global Force Wrestling is literally the Phantom Console of prograps.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

This is a great analogy. Global Force Wrestling is literally the Phantom Console of prograps.

It's the Ouya. The unprecedented interactivity Jarrett has promised is a kickstarter. (If you listen to Jeff Jarrett's interviews he's as clueless as Julie too.)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

It's the Ouya. The unprecedented interactivity Jarrett has promised is a kickstarter. (If you listen to Jeff Jarrett's interviews he's as clueless as Julie too.)

But Ouya eventually delivered a product, regardless of how irredeemably lovely it was. Is GFW ever going to get past the massive-promises stage?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

But Ouya eventually delivered a product, regardless of how irredeemably lovely it was. Is GFW ever going to get past the massive-promises stage?

T-shirts and trucker caps.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

T-shirts and trucker caps.

Technically both products! I stand corrected.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA's big UK announcement they were going to make tomorrow at the London Expo with Challenge TV got spoiled (for once by the other people involved instead of by TNA): New season of British Bootcamp. Who will be the next Rockstar Spud?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA's big UK announcement they were going to make tomorrow at the London Expo with Challenge TV got spoiled (for once by the other people involved instead of by TNA): New season of British Bootcamp. Who will be the next Rockstar Spud?

Grado coming to the states yall.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since this event was all about WWA and TNA here is the kind of quality you got with WWA PPVs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrWuJqD0fo

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I love that crow Sting mystique. Stalking the rafters, clad in only black and white. Stoic. Taciturn. He unleashes a black bird and tethered to the talon is a note. On it is written but one word. "Doofus"

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I'm sorry, my favorite use of a bird by Sting will always be him placing a single trained magpie on Eric Bishoff's desk while dressed like the Joker, and Bischoff just being petrified.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Psykmoe posted:

I'm sorry, my favorite use of a bird by Sting will always be him placing a single trained magpie on Eric Bishoff's desk while dressed like the Joker, and Bischoff just being petrified.
"HE SOLD FOR THE BIRD! GET AWAY FROM ME, BIRD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Psykmoe posted:

Mine is Kevin Nash threatening to kill Sting's vulture with a steel chair at the final Clash of the Champions.

• Locked thread