Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Since this event was all about WWA and TNA here is the kind of quality you got with WWA PPVs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrWuJqD0fo

There's no way Sting isn't the lamest professional wrestler ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Eric Bischoff... SOLD FOR THE BIRD!" will be one of the funniest loving things for decades.

Also sting in a sting mask

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Context for the sold for the bird thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMrjQCO1Pw

bartok
May 10, 2006

NienNunb posted:

There's no way Sting isn't the lamest professional wrestler ever.

Come to think about it even Surfer Sting was kind of a doofus.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Is this the scream of a doofus? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3nYzMXhdsE&t=77s

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Context for the sold for the bird thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMrjQCO1Pw

i forgot how funny the expression on Sting's face was when he opened the cage. God drat that is great

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
It occurs to me that, despite the makeup being smeared, Joker Sting is really WAY more Cesar Romero than Heath Ledger.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Generico posted:

It occurs to me that, despite the makeup being smeared, Joker Sting is really WAY more Cesar Romero than Heath Ledger.

That's true just based on having face paint covering facial hair.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I never watched WCW and barely watched TNA, so I've never seen Sting and he, uh, looks dumb.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shine posted:

I never watched WCW and barely watched TNA, so I've never seen Sting and he, uh, looks dumb.
He was cool for a time in WCW, because it was the 90s and he was an anti-hero in all-black.

But yeah, ever since that angle went up like a wet fart he's been pretty lame.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

How long has it been since Sting has wrestled? I don't remember when his last TNA match was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burt Buckle posted:

How long has it been since Sting has wrestled? I don't remember when his last TNA match was.

January.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Against Magnus...and still nobody cared.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

El Generico posted:

I've heard it described that Joker Sting is actually more Sting trying to do The Mask instead of anything Joker-related.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB3gnJ4JJ4M

"Evil clowns, up in the rafters!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RZApublican posted:

I've heard it described that Joker Sting is actually more Sting trying to do The Mask instead of anything Joker-related.
He looks a little like Ledger but he isn't doing the voice at all, so sure, I can buy that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Sting has always seemed really Jim Carey-like to me, yeah.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
He's been using "It's show time folks!" for years. At least 13 or 14 because he used it at the last Nitro.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
To be fair, once one of my roommates busted in my room from the hallway and woke me up screaming.....because a bird flew down the hallway.

He's a dude.

Also, if you didn't like Joker Sting, you don't like wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JK! posted:

He's been using "It's show time folks!" for years. At least 13 or 14 because he used it at the last Nitro.

Since the late 80s IIRC

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone post your favorite Sting promo: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21f0u0_promo-masterclass-at-the-bash_animals

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shine posted:

He had some OK matches with the right opponent (Flair, Foley, umm, I think he had a good series with Vader?) but never got as high as he could have. He had some loving stinker matches with the usual suspects (Hogan, Luger come to mind). There's no doubt whatsoever that for a brief period, the booking of Hogan with the belt in combination with the booking of Sting as the unstoppable force to take it off him drew really good money.

He wasn't someone that could carry a broom to a 3-star match, but he was OK. I think he might have even had some decent matches against good opponents in the last few years in TNA, but who watches that poo poo, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Here's my favorite, Luger and Sting are in such bad shape that instead of wrestling they cut promos on each other in the middle of this PPV main event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDl9AagEdU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I actually really enjoyed Sting's matches with Vader in WCW, there was some really good storytelling that surprised me. I can't remember which one specifically, but there was one match where the story was that Sting wasted too much energy doing power moves, so by the end Vader won when Sting didn't have the strength to powerslam him anymore and Vader fell on top.

I don't think he'd ever be among the upper echelon, but I think he's sometimes underrated.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jason Sextro posted:

I actually really enjoyed Sting's matches with Vader in WCW, there was some really good storytelling that surprised me. I can't remember which one specifically, but there was one match where the story was that Sting wasted too much energy doing power moves, so by the end Vader won when Sting didn't have the strength to powerslam him anymore and Vader fell on top.

I don't think he'd ever be among the upper echelon, but I think he's sometimes underrated.

Sting could have great matches but they were almost entirely before 1996. After that point his good matches are limited to DDP who planned his matches out extensively and Kurt Angle and well, he's Kurt Angle. Even before 96 there isn't much after the end of the Vader series. It's hard to call someone underrated when he was mostly bad for 20 years.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

To be fair, I've seen some dogshit Kurt Angle stuff in TNA.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Can't hate Sting. He was my hero when I was a little mark and when I met him in 1990 when I was 12 I timidly went up to him and asked if it was really him and did he really hurt his knee and he said yes and showed me the scar and gave me his autograph. Talked to me for ten minutes even though he was running late for a flight (so I later found out).

The point is that Sting, for as bad as he got, will always be my hero and I can't hate the guy ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghidzilla posted:

Can't hate Sting. He was my hero when I was a little mark and when I met him in 1990 when I was 12 I timidly went up to him and asked if it was really him and did he really hurt his knee and he said yes and showed me the scar and gave me his autograph. Talked to me for ten minutes even though he was running late for a flight (so I later found out).

The point is that Sting, for as bad as he got, will always be my hero and I can't hate the guy ever.

This owns. :3:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

Please never ever watch a WWA PPV with Sting on it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I ain't never seen Sting do poo poo except lose or get brained by his partner but to be fair that is probably just what I managed to catch of all his matches in the last 30 years(unless you count all that Crow poo poo from the 90s, hey WWE Network gimme some god drat Nitro episodes)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I just noticed the thread title again and realized that Sting is not, in fact, Bobby Lashley. Why aren't we talking about Bobby Lashley?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

What can we say about Bobby Lashley? Army man? Single father of two? A savvy businessman? The total package, Bobby Lashley

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Biggest Draw in the History of Wrestling.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Where are the real men in pro wrestling? Well, take a look down south kids, at Mr. Lashley.

The last real man in wrestling.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

MassRafTer posted:

The Biggest Draw in the History of Wrestling.

Co-Biggest draw. Umaga was there, too

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Mystery Opponent posted:

Co-Biggest draw. Umaga was there, too

People were clearly buying up all the PPVs to see The Donald Trump

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Del Raminos posted:

Where are the real men in pro wrestling? Well, take a look down south kids, at Mr. Lashley.

quote:

Disco nailed it, but I think WWE is setting it up for that. Yeah there's alot of kids on the show now 25-35ish but wait in 10 years it's gonna be 35-45 year olds and it will be more respectable... that is if they keep them around. If they keep replacing them with more newer young guys then I feel the wrestling world is gonna collapse.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Del Raminos posted:

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Some TNA discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCwm7e7cnD4

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Somehow worse than Randy Savage's album.

Del Raminos, you're at the end of your rope
And I'm 'a kick you in the butt and wash your mouth out with soap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Please never ever watch a WWA PPV with Sting on it.

Probably all the people who even know what WWA is are reading this thread.

• Locked thread