Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Like a previous poster said, Go Bank is the only time I've ever thought 'drat I wish there was a faster picker here' since using the saw on that map is a 100% crapshoot to ALARM CITY and a trip through the sewers. Original Banks have 4 guards and you have all the time in the world to saw/C4 poo poo open, the armored truck missions can be sawed open with maybe 1 reload and I haven't played framing frame in a while but I'm pretty sure that's saw city also. If I bring a saw, usually someone has C4 (or will bring ammo so I can bring the C4) and whatever doofus with the lockpick skills can go gently caress himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Going to be upset if there isn't an achievement to beat up a cloaker with a riot baton.

Then real upset I have to do it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
They were on sale like two days ago. :ssh:

Really the only two DLC I'd consider mandatory anyway are the LMG one since LMGs are fantastic when you just need a bullet hose and the courier pack for simpler weapon upgrades that don't rely on a random number generator.

Also armored transport is pretty bad, you could skip it and not miss much outside of maybe the swedish K if you're some stealthlord.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'd be fine with the system as it is if they at least let you trade augs for other augs. Like say I have two silencers so I put them up on the black market and in return I get an item for a weapon that's in my inventory. At least it's SOME control and still keeps people playing.

Really the best idea would be a market for them but that's pushing into cash shop territory.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Deathwish is its own kind of thing and I'm not gonna bitch about weapon choices on Overkill and below unless you're doing something completely idiotic that you're going to be sucking up ammo for (mosconi/deagle or like a sniper rifle/low ammo secondary) or you don't have silenced guns for a stealth run. But even for the latter that's fine as long as you don't loving shoot until everything is under control. Go ahead and shoot your LMG all over the map on the bank once everyone who could ruin it is controlled.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
An ideal compromise would be turning one of the lovely saw talents into making the saw secondary. Ideally it should just be secondary anyway but if they nerf the loco without buffing any sidearms it's going to be a real lovely day for enforcers who take the saw for the team. Hello to hoovering ammo!

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Quick question: Is shadow raid even worth doing if you can find people to stealth it? I failed it 3 times and just said gently caress it. It looks like it COULD be interesting but not worth the pain.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
To be fair pubs will get mad at anything so that isn't a good argument against HoxHUD. I personally don't use it but I'm always glad when someone else has it to check timers. Probably should though since I already scripted myself weapon mods, what's more 'cheating' to the pile? :downs:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
A fall that far should break the pager anyway, MY REALISM

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
That doesn't really seem hard at all, just find a good funnel point with some armor on and blast away.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Medium Style posted:

After sitting at level 100 for a long while I went Infamous the other day. I really wish I hadn't. Trying to get through heists without the skills I had for so long is just frustrating and the rewards aren't really worth it.

Is there a trainer or some editing I can do to un-infamy? I don't even want to go up to I-100, I would be happy back at regular 100.

Pirate Perfection has a lot of drama surrounding it (apparently he stole some scripts or something? I don't give a poo poo about Hacker Drama) but it works for what it needs to do. It's got idiotic Duke Nukem sounds to it if you decide to keep it around but all I did was max out, get weapon mods and some cash then deleted it. You sometimes get crybabies in pubs who will boot you but considering the random boots anyway it doesn't matter.

Or you can google scripts and find some okay ones. I just used a trainer because Effort.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'm torn on grenades really.

On one hand, they're fantastic for when you're getting swamped on loud and just need a breather to reload or move to a different spot.

On the other, I feel like they cover up a lot of poor decisions. Did you decide to hole up in a completely stupid spot? Lob a grenade and now you're home free to run! Definitely nullifies a lot of strategy on maps when you can just throw a grenade and hit the pause/reset button.

Also if you want a sneaky pistol use the crosskill or SMG wise the swedish K. I couldn't tell you about the p90 sneaky wise, that's my Killin' Time Gun.

EDIT:

In example: Back when the game came out and my co-op buddies would gently caress up on a harder mission, we'd talk about what to change and what went wrong. That...usually doesn't happen now since 90% of the problems we had are now solved by having someone call out they're hurling a grenade at the problem spot. Handy, but definitely tends to lean things more toward the easy spectrum.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 4, 2014

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Definitely try to get a stealth bonus before you do a long rear end hector mission, it adds up. Getting fast learner is worth it and watching for bonus exp missions that aren't utter bullshit or drat near impossible to complete in a pub (Hello Shadow Raid!) helps too.

My strat when leveling with pubs was to do a 10-15 min stealth bank heist (usually you can find stealth guys with jammers and it's trivial to stealth as long as you kill the tellers) then do Rats/Firestarter/Loud election day.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I remember when my ++ or +++ were Go Bank, Framing Frame and Big Oil. :(

Framing Frame is fine loud but you always get the guy who wants to stealth it in pubs. Same with Go Bank but Go Bank is bullshit loud or stealth.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Croccers posted:

A mate and I are bored of the grind and want max level for skills so at least if we're sucking, it's just us sucking. What are the lua things to do this with?

As I said earlier in the thread, Pirate Perfection has some lovely drama around it but it works for what you need it to do. It's bloated and has dumbass sound effects but if all you want is scripted cash/levels/mods it sure does that. You just use a throwaway email for his lovely forum, download, slap in your steam folder and 5 minutes later you'll have what you want. I'd recommend deleting it after since it hacks your name to DANISH DYNAMO or something idiotic (this can be changed but I just deleted it because I didn't give a poo poo about all the other wacky stuff in it).

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Yeah, any time I've done that (purely to try and salvage something out of the mission for everyone) I've been called a useless gently caress, a glory-seeking prick and promptly been booted from the game.

"Okay, we're breaking into the FBI headquarters and god as my witness, I AM NOT STARTING THIS MISSION TIL EVERYONE HAS THEIR DETECTABILITY AT 40 OR UNDER!"

-excerpt from the pre-game lobby in a game I played yesterday.

I played a pub a few days ago where host called stealth when everyone was 75+ iron men or LMG carriers. Someone else told him that, and he said 'okay but let's try to stealth'.

We get to the front door and instant (!) from the space marine trudging up.

The only stealth you get from iron man is the type of stealth that results from a lot of dead bodies, apparently.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I get a really bizarre Thompson vibe from that gun and now I badly want to see infamy include a fedora or a zoot suit.

Maybe they can release it with the female character. Drop some ammo and give the ol' m'lady to someone.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If they put a G11 in without That Gun (.223 blade runner pistol) that'd be sad.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_revolver

Probably impossible with the engine but considering they took liberties with the striker they can ignore how dangerous a pistol knuckle duster would be.

Also googling that lead me to knuckle duster stun gun combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I dunno if it's pubs are smart enough to not get it or I've never found it but I've done about 10 or so transports and never seen the blueprints. I didn't even know they existed until I saw goons complaining about it in the thread. I know I probably would never notice it in between tapping the saw and mashing F to pick stuff up. Maybe I'll try it one day.

• Locked thread