Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Jeez, I haven't played this since January and they added the grenades and stabbin' knives I always wanted. Why didn't I check the DLC during the Summer Sale? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Getting the itch to reinstall and shootmans again. Are the stabbin' knives consumables or does it replace a weapon? Can I rock a knife/shovel combo? :ese:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

President Ark posted:

Knives are actually somewhat useful as most of the knives will one-shot any enemy wearing blue (cops, tier 1/2 swat guys, whatever) if they're fully charged. You can conserve a pretty surprising amount of ammo over the course of a mission if you hide near a door that you know a squad's about to charge in through with the knife fully charged and kill the first guy with the knife before shooting the rest.

Don't actually try and just stab an entire squad down unless you want to get killed.

I used to be mostly Ghost-spec and still had points in the melee damage buff because reloading took too long. :black101:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I just like to have fun and shoot mans. :colbert:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Hey, whatever happened to that lady heister we were supposed to get?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The easy difficulty is the one without any skulls.

Anyone cheating their way up the levels doesn't deserve sweet sunglasses. :colbert:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I'm completely awful at shootmans games, but I got fairly competent at this one just by playing it a bunch. I pick guns that look cool, skills that sound fun, and try to pay attention during heists until I get used to them. Cheating up your skills won't help you do anything that just playing the game will.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

nerdz posted:

Let me just reiterate how hard it is for people that are not that used to games to understand things like objective markers, objectives at all, where they are being shot from, who's friend and who's foe, what do skills and weapon stats do.

Oh, also she's brazilian and can't read english, there's not a portuguese version yet. She just wants to shoot the mans :shobon:

Those are not things being a level 100 character will help with. :v:

Take sack to icon, red thing on screen is where bullets come from, find cover between you and it, guy in doofy mask friend, shoot all other mans, pick a tree and just put points in it, gently caress stats pick a gun that's pretty.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

In all seriousness, how do you guys keep the spice alive? I'm at level 69 (heh) and while it's been a fun ride and generally once I get a game going I can keep playing for a while, I'll probably hit that point where I think twice about starting it up once I get all the perks that make you a total machine

It's a game, not an obligation. Only play it if you feel like hanging out with three other people and shooting mans. All the masks and skills and poo poo are just bonuses you get as you rack up your bodycount. If you start looking at the game as like "oh man I gotta get to level 100 I gotta get all the guns/mods/masks/whatever why is it so grindy aaaaarrrrgghh!!" you'll hate it. Just play it to have fun.

Like the level hacking nonsense. You don't "need" to be infamy level X, it's just a thing to do. Nobody forced you into it, it's a thing to get more challenge/sweet sunglasses. Going infamous then bitching it takes too long to get your levels back is retarded.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Crabtree posted:

I like how cheating has gone from raining bags from the sky to THE SHITLORD CAN SEE THROUGH THE RETNA DAMAGING FLASH SPAM OF THE COPS for some people.

Er, that one IS pretty cheaty.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Crabtree posted:

If they're one shotting dozers with an unmodded starting pistol then I'll be with you. But being able to see the health bar without knowing what it is isn't that cheaty to me. Especially if you still go down because you're tazed and swarmed by specials. :suicide:

I haven't used HoxHUD so I don't know to what degree seeing healthbars through flashes helps, but I'd probably be more inclined to stay and shoot at stuff if I knew something was there as opposed to wetting myself and frantically trying to back into cover while the screen is all fuzzy.

In general though I have more fun with the game when everything is chaotic and people are flailing around, so mods that make it more transparent or accessible aren't really my thing. :v:

My dude starts panting when I run low on stamina. Everyone can keep in sync with ECMs using the heist timer. A cop is out of health when his helmet pops off and he ragdolls through the air when my big black cock of death inserted more bullets into his face than nature intended. :black101:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Hold on, people don't demand Framing Frames Day 3 be stealthed anymore? I learn this on the same day an amazing DLC with shotguns, a big knife, and a goddamn shovel goes live? Is-is it my birthday? :neckbeard:

DoombatINC posted:

I just hope one of those new shotshell types makes the Reinfeld a viable gun again.

REINFELD IS BEST GUN! :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
WHO IS READY FOR SCOOP MANS :black101:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Thank You Card posted:

Overkill difficulty has been buffed significantly since release and the assault rifle buff that was before any of the gage packs was pretty significant.

Didn't they also buff some/all pistols because everything but shotguns kinda sucked?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Nyyen posted:

Also, even though I'm already level 100 and kind of biased I am really getting tired to always having to run Diamond Store stealth every other heist now. It's like when every group constantly ran UK job for cards when the game was released. The min-maxing, ultra optimized way the game is currently being run is really putting a drag on murdering cops.

Play with cooler dudes. The Summer Sale brought in lots of chill random groups who actually have fun running around doing everything the jankiest way possible and it's great.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

The big star of the DLC seems to mostly be the new ammo types but since they all suck...

The star of the DLC is the shovel because the clang sound every time you whack a dude with it never stops being funny.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

I just want some sunglasses, man.

Fair warning, the sunglasses make Hoxton and Wolf look like douchebags, while Dallas goes from ugliest suit to super badass and Chains is still Chains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

If you've made it to the van safely yourself, and you aren't taking fire from the police, then just leave your teammates out to dry. If they get downed, don't try and be a hero and go back and save them, just let them go into custody and escape yourself.

This might/probably will get you kicked, but if not, hell at least you completed the heist instead of failing completely.

Failing's more fun if you do it in a completely awesome way. Like one pubbie group we were escaping to the chopper and one guy went down in a store surrounded by cops, so I sprinted in to save him and took out five or six before the wall of bullets hit me and I went down too. Then the other two guys got sniped or fell off the roof or something. We all agreed I totally would have saved him if I had had a third shotgun.

• Locked thread