Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The only anime I've seen are old VHS copies of Ghost in the Shell and the Macross Plus miniseries. The latter is notable for starring Bryan Cranston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sooner or later in every system I play I try to make a Fist of the North Star character, even though it never works.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bongo Bill posted:

Sooner or later in every system I play I try to make a Fist of the North Star character, even though it never works.

Weird coincidence, literally playing in a one-shot where my GM gave me Kenshiro as a pregen.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Fuego Fish posted:

He's inside all of you.
This is very nice.

It may actually look even more like me now.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

If you like Evangelion but feel the ending is too optimistic and there aren't enough mentally scarred, underaged giant robot pilots in it, you could always try watching Bokurano

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

In conclusion don't play anime games

I agree, anime games are bad.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

oriongates posted:

If you like Evangelion but feel the ending is too optimistic and there aren't enough mentally scarred, underaged giant robot pilots in it, you could always try watching Bokurano

And if you feel the opposite, you can try Gurren Lagann, or its distaff counterpart Kill La Kill, which is to transforming magical girl shows what Gurren Lagann was to gigantic fighting robots. :kamina:

ProfessorCirno posted:

If we talking anime, I will always have a place close to my heart for Haibane Renmei

:hr:

This is good anime, right here.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Spoilers Below posted:

And if you feel the opposite, you can try Gurren Lagann, or its distaff counterpart Kill La Kill, which is to transforming magical girl shows what Gurren Lagann was to gigantic fighting robots. :kamina:
Does that make Puella Magi Madoka Magica the distaff counterpart of Evangelion?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Kill la Kill mentioned, terminate all anime chat because it won't be getting any better.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Kill la Kill mentioned, terminate all anime chat because it won't be getting any better.

:hr:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Spoilers Below posted:

This is pretty long, but it's the best and most comprehensive discussion of Evangelion I've ever watched. :nsfw: because he really goes into everything that the series discusses. Nothing visually explicit, but not something I'd watch in front of my boss due to the inevitable discussion of "that scene" from End of Eva (you know the one).

http://blip.tv/foldablehuman/s3e2-end-of-evangelion-and-the-audience-author-membrane-6540094

edit: the follow up is pretty good, but not essential if you don't have the time or aren't interested: http://blip.tv/foldablehuman/s3e2-1-end-of-eva-follow-up-6558464

I thought the end of the series (episodes 25 and 26) took place during End of Evangelion while Shinji is in the tang.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i will end you wall with my bare hands if you talk about kill la kill

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

hey

so

elfgames

how bout those

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Bet you fuckers are missing that first July chat thread now.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Reene posted:

hey

so

elfgames

how bout those
You are in a ten foot by ten foot stone room. An orc is sitting on a treasure chest eating a sandwich.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Specifically, which elfgame would be best for statting Ryuko?

Maybe Fate??

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zereth posted:

You are in a ten foot by ten foot stone room. An orc is sitting on a treasure chest eating a sandwich.

so am i the orc? i want to be the orc

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The orc lifts up the top piece of bread and peers suspiciously at something in his sandwich.

EDIT: you can be the other orc

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i peek in the chest

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I pee in the chest

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zereth posted:

A sandwich and not pie? My nostalgia. :saddowns:

But seriously, I'm currently playing in a friend's barely-not-freeform nation-building game, running around as a hivemind of sentient crabs. I'm also running a Black Crusade game where (as part of payment for materiel for their pet army) the party has decided to commit terrorism on Forge Polix.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Ettin posted:

Specifically, which elfgame would be best for statting Ryuko?

Maybe Fate??

I've seen MHR datafiles of KLK characters, that system seems alright.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gamako 4eva

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Mushi-shi is the chillest and there is no game that could possibly replicate its sheer chillness.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Reene posted:

I pee in the chest
Suddenly the Dungeon collapses! You die...

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:saddowns:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A Black Crusade party deciding to commit terrorism is a little like saying a D&D party feels like going to a dungeon. It's just kind of the done thing, given most BC characters are pirates, terrorists, or terror pirates.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Traveller posted:

Mushi-shi is the chillest and there is no game that could possibly replicate its sheer chillness.

Golden Sky Stories. (Though that's more in terms of chillness than actually replicating Mushi-shi.) Still, I suppose you could do a game about wandering problem-solving youkai.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Somewhere between GSS and Ryuutama lies the correct chill frequency for Mushi-shi.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Crosscontaminant posted:

Does that make Puella Magi Madoka Magica the distaff counterpart of Evangelion?

Sounds about right, yeah.

SunAndSpring posted:

I thought the end of the series (episodes 25 and 26) took place during End of Evangelion while Shinji is in the tang.

That's one interpretation, and one that reads as totally valid as far as I'm concerned.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ettin posted:

Double Cross is a bad game?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Ettin posted:

Hahahaha, look who's talking, Mr. "Anime x Lovecraft" Aussie.

Seriously, though, better anime games and bishonen swordsmen holding roses than the "Everything is grimdark and groggy and lame" thing that some of those games on F&F go for.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Davin Valkri posted:

Hahahaha, look who's talking, Mr. "Anime x Lovecraft" Aussie.

Seriously, though, better anime games and bishonen swordsmen holding roses than the "Everything is grimdark and groggy and lame" thing that some of those games on F&F go for.

Wooooosh.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Well I have been thinking about how you'd run a STALKER game...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Forums Terrorist posted:

Well I have been thinking about how you'd run a STALKER game...

STALKER may be dark, but it's not, like, GRIMdark. The Zone is crazy, but it's as much a place of scientific wonder as it is a place of extreme danger. And for all the inter-faction fighting everybody likes kicking back in the alcohol oases and drinking vodka.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Double Cross is a bad game?

Someone run Double Cross.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Darksaber posted:

Someone run Double Cross.

I was honestly surprised we didn't get a False Hearts game or two posted when the sourcebook came out.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

unseenlibrarian posted:

I was honestly surprised we didn't get a False Hearts game or two posted when the sourcebook came out.

Every time I see unread posts in the recruitment thread I get my hopes up, and they always get crushed. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Davin Valkri posted:

STALKER may be dark, but it's not, like, GRIMdark. The Zone is crazy, but it's as much a place of scientific wonder as it is a place of extreme danger. And for all the inter-faction fighting everybody likes kicking back in the alcohol oases and drinking vodka.
When I actually went back and read Roadside Picnic I was like, "Oh, dungeoncrawlers are harvesting magic artifacts."

• Locked thread