Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

NGDBSS posted:

I have no idea why that happened, who the picture refers to, or why it's important. :confused:

It's an edit of a really dark comic Reene posted in the Hot Modrons thread.

Also, the only existential dread I've ever gotten from RPGs is when I'm writing a pbp app that I'm not entirely happy with. Coincidentally, I am writing at least one pbp app that I'm not entirely happy with right now, possibly two. Ha ha. Ha. Ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

Not that one, the smiling portrait on the first post of the original July thread.

I'll be honest, I didn't even know there was an original July thread until you said so. Still, it's nice to finally know what that guy in 13 True Ways everyone is talking about looks like.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Tulul posted:

Are there any good steampunk games, which focus on the downtrodden soot-stained underclass and the grinding oppression of a Victorian society, instead of Baron von Zeppelin and his Vitreous Trousers? I was thinking about trying something myself, but I'd be interested to know what's been done.

There's also Abney Park's Airship Pirates, mostly because you can't really have that pirate mystique if you're also currently one of the absurdly rich nobles that control Neovictorian society. The game's honestly more charming than it has any right being, so feel free to pick it up if you're willing to actually own an RPG based on a steampunk band.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Cyphoderus posted:

There's also Perfect Unrevised. I've never played it so I don't know if it's any good, but it's by Joe Mcdaldno, the same guy who wrote Monsterhearts, which is a really great genre-savvy incarnation of Apocalypse World. It's apparently a game about the price you pay for being a subversive criminal in a dystopian steampunk Victorian England, so it might interest you.

Note: Joe Mcdaldno changed their name to Avery Mcdaldno about six months ago, so let's all just agree to call them that even though all the pdfs still say Joe.

• Locked thread