Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
http://capgeek.com/ufa-finder/

modnote - this is the N/V thread. Free Agency thread is here.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Should've been MAFing :colbert: (I know, I know, he's not involved, but still!)

Also Happy Canada Day, hosers :canada:

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
Gonna be sunny and warm tomorrow, good for hockey news, biking and drinking downtown. :clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Does anyone know if NHL Network in the US is going to be simulcasting Sportsnet's coverage (like they usually do with July 1 and TSN) or is it going to be some shitball homegrown show that consists of Tappen reporting signings 30 minutes after they occur?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
sign a top 4 D and re-sign all our guys and just chalk in up as a winner of an off-season, Murray. And by top-4 D I don't mean Robidas. Don't sign Robidas.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Okay Lou, your mission over the next 24 hours is to acquire someone under the age of 30. GO!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Diet Crack posted:

Okay Lou, your mission over the next 24 hours is to acquire someone under the age of 30. GO!

Paul Bissonette, come on down!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

DAMNIT LOU I TRUSTED IN YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Blue Jays, free agency, beer, hootin, and hollerin.

Gonna be good.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I made the big free agency thread here

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

darkwolf220 posted:

Paul Bissonette, come on down!
A Biznasty Devils jersey would be awesome since he was pretty much Wayne Gretzky for the Cardiff Devils but I want him to go to the Panthers since he would be best friends with Luongo :allears:

Hand Knit posted:

I made the big free agency thread here
Keep this thread to mostly general talk and trades but UFA talk over there right?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

deafmute posted:

A Biznasty Devils jersey would be awesome since he was pretty much Wayne Gretzky for the Cardiff Devils but I want him to go to the Panthers since he would be best friends with Luongo :allears:
Keep this thread to mostly general talk and trades but UFA talk over there right?

That division has served us well in the past.

Also, Biz wasn't really Cardiff's Gretzky since he played defence for them. He would probably be better described as a unity of Bobby Orr and Zdeno Chara.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Huh, Vinny Prospal is apparently scouting full time for the Rangers now. Either I forgot that or hadn't heard the news in the first place.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
is everyone ready for THE FRENZY!?!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Miller or a Bag of Pucks Sweepstakes

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I just hope the Rangers just don't have their roster completely blown up today.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Loqieu posted:

I just hope the Rangers just don't have their roster completely blown up today.

I've got some bad news for you

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Garrioch says Spezza to the Stars.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

This is an incredible pick-up for Dallas. A necessary strike by Jim Nill.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Thufir posted:

Garrioch says Spezza to the Stars.
Mike Heika said that it seemed likely today too.

quote:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Jason Spezza has been dealt to the Dallas Stars pending a trade call. Involves substantial prospects and avails cash for other trades. #Sens
:allears:

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika
Stars-Senators have agreed to Spezza deal. Awaiting trade call for confirmation. I'm hearing three forwards and a draft pick. :vince:

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
drat. good job dallas.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Three substantial forward prospects and a draft pick sounds like a pretty good return for Ottawa, all things considered.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

DAL trades Alex Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson per Bobby Mac.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 1, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

canuckanese posted:

Three substantial forward prospects and a draft pick sounds like a pretty good return for Ottawa, all things considered.

Lol Canucks

Boooo Melnyk

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

MaoistBanker posted:

DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson per Bobby Mac.
Chiasson is by far the best player in that package. Hope Spezza's back holds up.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

MaoistBanker posted:

DAL trades Alex Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson per Bobby Mac.

Haha ok nevermind, Dallas ripped them off

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 1m
Nick Paul rose a little this year. Big F who is great on draws and defensively. Has some scoring touch as well.

Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 2m
Alex Guptill is an abv-avg prospect. He's big, skilled, and quick, but has struggled with consistency.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Guptil was apparently charged for assault in March. For public urination in 2011. Per twitter.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
has there ever been a team that has hosed itself more with players with no trades clauses demanding trades and then limiting the possible destinations than ottawa? first heatley and now spezza. either he was only willing to go to like two teams or the senators were being dumb and refusing to trade in conference/division because that return is incredibly bad. how do you not even get dallas' first draft pick?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Zamboni Jesus posted:

has there ever been a team that has hosed itself more with players with no trades clauses demanding trades and then limiting the possible destinations than ottawa? first heatley and now spezza. either he was only willing to go to like two teams or the senators were being dumb and refusing to trade in conference/division because that return is incredibly bad. how do you not even get dallas' first draft pick?

Vancouver?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Thufir posted:

Vancouver?
Philly?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Spezza's no trade list was only 10 teams. This wasn't due to a lack of teams to trade with.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zamboni Jesus posted:

Redden too. The big rumour was that he turned down a trade to San Jose for Marleau in 07.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Redden too. The big rumour was that he turned down a trade to San Jose for Marleau in 07.

wanted that NY yayo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, Jim Nill owns so fuckin' hard.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Andrew Alberts is retiring apparently.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MaoistBanker posted:

Those are "substantial" forward prospects?

Hell, I'm now pretty damned happy with what Benning got for Kesler.

yellowcar posted:

Andrew Alberts is retiring apparently.

Alberts is a terrible hockey player but this sucks regardless.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

canuckanese posted:

Haha ok nevermind, Dallas ripped them off

No kidding. Ottawa should have been able to get either Travis Morin or a first out of that.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Josh Gorges was just traded to Buffalo for a 2nd-round pick. Josh Gorges would rather go to Buffalo than Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

canuckanese posted:

is everyone ready for THE FRENZY!?!

Please stop saying my name. It confuses me.

• Locked thread