Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Zamboni Jesus posted:

do they have anyone who can score other than john tavares with moulson (and vanek) gone?

kyle okposo says hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zamboni Jesus posted:

do they have anyone who can score other than john tavares with moulson (and vanek) gone?

kyle okposo was a just shy of being a ppg player last season, frans nielsen scored 58 points, ryan strome and brock nelson and anders lee are poised to increase their scoring, michael grabner should ideally score 20 goals, whoever they stick next to okposo and tavares will put up some points (possibly dal colle?)

their issue last year wasn't scoring, it was preventing goals against. they were scoring at a pretty good clip even after vanek was shipped out

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

a false posted:

kyle okposo was a just shy of being a ppg player last season, frans nielsen scored 58 points, ryan strome and brock nelson and anders lee are poised to increase their scoring, michael grabner should ideally score 20 goals, whoever they stick next to okposo and tavares will put up some points (possibly dal colle?)

their issue last year wasn't scoring, it was preventing goals against. they were scoring at a pretty good clip even after vanek was shipped out

they were 17th in goals for per game last year and i don't really see any strong argument that they are likely to improve there. probably they are somewhere between 7-10 in the east, which i guess is a fairly significant improvement over last season.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I'm gonna be watching a lot more Panther games this season. Luongowns.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
So someone I know told me Uncle Bob said Franson was the player coming back from the Leafs. Should I be thanking Josh Gorges more emphatically now?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

yellowcar posted:

Luongo/Montoya is the best goalie tandem in the NHL

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

yellowcar posted:

Yeah, Luongo is making a strong case for me to adopt the Panthers as my second Eastern team this year.

Sorry CBJ, your time is done.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

CDX posted:

So someone I know told me Uncle Bob said Franson was the player coming back from the Leafs. Should I be thanking Josh Gorges more emphatically now?

franson's not as bad as leafs media think, probably would have been fine on the 3rd pair. that said, gilbert's probably better and signed for a pretty reasonable amount.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, Luongo is making a strong case for me to adopt the Panthers as my second Eastern team this year.

Sorry CBJ, your time is done.

I already have my Lu jersey on the way. Got the Jackets, Panthers, Hawks, and Sharks now. One for each division. What a good day!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So I guess that makes Thompson our 3rd line center. And to think I was looking forward to us having real depth down the middle. Does Murray have some Voodoo curse that makes him sign some loving poo poo D-man to a bad contract every drat offseason? Especially with what Ehrhoff and Stralman went for. Jesus Christ, Bob. General Manager of the year.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zamboni Jesus posted:

they were 17th in goals for per game last year and i don't really see any strong argument that they are likely to improve there. probably they are somewhere between 7-10 in the east, which i guess is a fairly significant improvement over last season.

here's a few reasons i think they will improve there:
-tavares was hurt for a good stretch, okposo also missed 11 games. visnovsky was out for most of the year too.
-their young players will score more and strome and lee will be up for the whole year
-vanek didn't engineer much scoring on his own
-prepare for the return of rookie year cory conacher
-there's no way bailey and grabner can be as bad as they were last year, right?
-their overall Will To Win will increase playing in front of goaltenders who know how to play hockey
-extreme desire to give the fans a season to remember in their last year in the coliseum
-superstar assistant coach Bob Corkum

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

a false posted:

I think this will happen.

Ottawa sucks, Buffalo sucks, Conacher doesn't suck.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

a false posted:

here's a few reasons i think they will improve there:
-tavares was hurt for a good stretch, okposo also missed 11 games. visnovsky was out for most of the year too.
-their young players will score more and strome and lee will be up for the whole year
-vanek didn't engineer much scoring on his own
-there's no way bailey and grabner can be as bad as they were last year, right?
-their overall Will To Win will increase playing in front of goaltenders who know how to play hockey
-extreme desire to give the fans a season to remember in their last year in the coliseum
-superstar assistant coach Bob Corkum

is lubo still signed

isnt he almost 40

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

fits posted:

is lubo still signed

isnt he almost 40

yes on both fronts but he's consistently been good when healthy

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

a false posted:

yes on both fronts but he's consistently been good when healthy

I miss lubo :(

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

RC Cola posted:

I already have my Lu jersey on the way. Got the Jackets, Panthers, Hawks, and Sharks now. One for each division. What a good day!

Rookie. :colbert:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
seriously, lubo has been really good with the islanders

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

toxicsunset posted:

Why don't the penguins get an outdoor game this year they never get any respect
Penguins Flyers in a refurbished Flavian Amphitheater :getin:

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Obviously late, but drat that Orpik contract is loving brutal. I feel bad for the Caps and don't even like them at all.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Lubo is actually just really good, Murray never should have let him go.

That makes Beauchemin, Souray, Fistric, Allen and Stoner all as player Anaheim is going to rotate in 2 D slots. That is, if they ever actually sign Sami

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i can't even begin to describe how much more i like the islanders' signings today than the rangers' signings. although i have no clue how garth is going to get to the cap floor

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus' lines coming into July 1st:

Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Anisimov-Foligno
Comeau-Letestu/MacKenzie-Boll
Letestu/MacKenzie/Skille

Johnson-Tyutin
Wisniewski-Murray
Prout-Savard
Erixon/Goloubef

:cop:
McElhinney

__
Columbus' lines as of now:
Jenner-Johansen (probably)-Horton
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Anisimov-Foligno
(Somebody)-Letestu-Boll

Johnson-Tyutin
Wisniewski-Murray
Prout-Savard
Erixon/Goloubef

:cop:
McElhinney

So, somebody's going to have to step in on the 4th line and Aaron Portzline suggests it could be Kerby Rychel, which I hope works because I don't know who else is ready to step up. Unless they want to sign David Legwand as somebody suggested a few days ago. Can he play wing?

And why is Columbus still spending American money on Jared Boll?

e- Johansen still doesn't want a bridge contract apparently. Because those are so awful. Right, Bob?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 2, 2014

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I hope Fayne does well in Edmonton but it's probably going to go like Oduya in Atlanta. He won't be a disaster but he is going from Andy Greene and the Corsi Machine to the aforementioned Edmonton and do they really expect him to play first pair that's a bit much fellas

e: Devils are now a really good team I drafted in NHL 2k5

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 2, 2014

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

a false posted:

i can't even begin to describe how much more i like the islanders' signings today than the rangers' signings. although i have no clue how garth is going to get to the cap floor

I would throw money at one or more of: Grabovski, Vrbata, Setoguchi, Legwand

Or, I dunno, trade for Mike Green or some poo poo. I would guess the Caps might move him since he's sort of redundant with Carlson and Niskanen and I assume they want to get a 2C but I'm getting HFboardsy so I'm gonna stop that thought here.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

T-Bone posted:

I hope Fayne does well in Edmonton but it's probably going to go like Oduya in Atlanta. He won't be a disaster but he is going from Andy Greene and the Corsi Machine to the aforementioned Edmonton and do they really expect him to play first pair that's a bit much fellas\

I want to believe

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love how their are Pens fans now doom saying that we are now a .500 team because we didn't sign Jussi :lol:

How is that even possible barring Sid and Geno don't get season ending injuries early on?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Well the only certain thing about Chicago in 2014-2015 will be that Toews is centering the top line.

The chances of Teuvo playing much at all this season are pretty slim, barring an injury. Richards is probably going to see at least eight different linemates before December. What a difference 3 years and a horrific playoff performance makes, everyone would have gone batshit if he hopped on Chicago in 2011. Now it's just a solid low risk signing.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Who will be the 2nd best Canadian team this year?

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

The Nordiques.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

habs, no question

e: disregard, my reading comprehension has obviously been hampered by the stupid decisions of my team recently

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 2, 2014

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

I think this will happen.

Ottawa sucks, Buffalo sucks, Conacher doesn't suck.

I don't know what his fancy stats said about it but I'm pretty sure after a white hot start with the Lightning he cooled off pretty considerably. And good players don't need to be on good teams to put up a decent amount of points. 31 points in your past 91 games is step or two above above suck, but not somebody I'd be hinging on returning to a .69 points/game rate (that was even higher than that until he hit the skids before the trade).

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Winning the Stanley Cup is great and all, but I kinda miss days like today, the draft, and the trade deadline. Its fun remaking your team every year until you strike gold.

Orpik at 5.5 is hilarious. And for 5 years. That's why I love Matt Greene. He could have bolted for Orpik Money but chose to stay here and a very reasonable deal.

Good luck to Willie Mitchell in Florida. He could play out these last two years and stay there for his retiremnet.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Mr. Kite posted:

Winning the Stanley Cup is great and all, but I kinda miss days like today, the draft, and the trade deadline. Its fun remaking your team every year until you strike gold.

Orpik at 5.5 is hilarious. And for 5 years. That's why I love Matt Greene. He could have bolted for Orpik Money but chose to stay here and a very reasonable deal.

Good luck to Willie Mitchell in Florida. He could play out these last two years and stay there for his retiremnet.

gently caress matt greene/jarret stoll

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Mr. Kite posted:

I don't know how you're dealing with it

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Deer_fire posted:

I don't know what his fancy stats said about it but I'm pretty sure after a white hot start with the Lightning he cooled off pretty considerably. And good players don't need to be on good teams to put up a decent amount of points. 31 points in your past 91 games is step or two above above suck, but not somebody I'd be hinging on returning to a .69 points/game rate (that was even higher than that until he hit the skids before the trade).
Conacher draws a ton of penalties while taking very few himself and is valuable because of this. He's ok at the other aspects of the game so overall I think he's a solidly positive contributor. Plus he makes the minimum.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

canuckanese posted:

Or, I dunno, trade for Mike Green or some poo poo. I would guess the Caps might move him since he's sort of redundant with Carlson and Niskanen and I assume they want to get a 2C but I'm getting HFboardsy so I'm gonna stop that thought here.

josh bailey baby

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Vincent Lecavalier will help a team to the cap floor. And he can probably be had for the low low price of nothing.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

JawKnee posted:

habs, no question

how are they going to be the first best and also the second best?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It looks like the Leafs should have enough cap space to sign Steve Ott. I would love to see a Komarov-Ott-Clarkson line. They would play a tough gritty game and if they ever manage to score a goal it would be really embarrassing for the other team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

jsoh posted:

how are they going to be the first best and also the second best?

lol if you think the Oilers are making the playoffs

• Locked thread