Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cathulhu posted:

Belgian Beer > American Beer

Sorry, gonna hafta cheer for the Belgians here.

Actually Bud Light (the worst "American" "beer") is owned by the Belgians.

edit- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abinbev

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
The worst american beer is that fosters stuff in a green can, taste like cleaning chemicals.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

dontcareaboutname posted:

The worst american beer is that fosters stuff in a green can, taste like cleaning chemicals.

Fosters Premuium is "Australian" and owned by the Brits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABMiller

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
I always just assumed miller was another of our terrible american beers, heck natural ice and key stone is more drinkable than bud coors.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Yeah that one sucks, i think my least favourite us beers are labatt and molson

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
As a citizen of both the US and Belgium, currently living in Belgium, I'm torn at who to root for. Both countries have their pluses and minuses but at this point I think I'm gonna root for Belgium. I'm also going to go downtown and drink a shitload of Belgian beer and eat a shitload of frites and watch the chaos ensue.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jesus Christ posted:

As a citizen of both the US and Belgium, currently living in Belgium, I'm torn at who to root for. Both countries have their pluses and minuses but at this point I think I'm gonna root for Belgium. I'm also going to go downtown and drink a shitload of Belgian beer and eat a shitload of frites and watch the chaos ensue.

sounds good :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I know the US team can hear my drunken thoughts:

USA
USA
USA

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Zzulu posted:

what is it with americans and their need to hate on soccer

I'm american but despite our loudest media crazies and mail forwards from granddad that's not why I hate soccer

it's just as boring to me as nascar tbh

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Soccer blows out loud all day every day. Get a smaller field, actual substitution rules and fix pretty much everything about scoring and loving winning games of soccer by not playing soccer and then maybe we'll talk.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Hey nascar is fun in person just because your drunk and near loud cars. Also you can't miss anything if you take a drunk nap for a couple hours, and its loud enough you don't have to talk to anyone while acting like you are part of a group.

Shameful what american doesn't like loud cars you asian?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

fix nfl teams running out the clock by taking a knee. fix basketball teams dragging out the last 5 minutes to about two hours by fouling constantly.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
get a timekeeper to keep stoppage time then tell everyone what it is exactly what it is. There I just made the end of your games more exciting because you are watching the players now not watching the ref wondering if hes gonna stop the game anytime soon.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seriously, someone explain to me how "injury time" makes any sense - specifically that it's an unknown amount of time.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
We just need to get rid of all time outs one hour for both games no exceptions. Same for baseball. i remember once i saw the padres play a 45 min baseball game was awesome.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We just need to get rid of all time outs one hour for both games no exceptions. Same for baseball. i remember once i saw the padres play a 45 min baseball game was awesome.

A quick baseball game is often the most boring since it means a low scoring "pitcher's duel".

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

ice hockey best sport

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
I don't like baseball family made me go was awesome cause i got to go home fast.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rapman the Cook posted:

Haha sport, jack your bros off if you win or if you lose. lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

get a timekeeper to keep stoppage time then tell everyone what it is exactly what it is. There I just made the end of your games more exciting because you are watching the players now not watching the ref wondering if hes gonna stop the game anytime soon.

they do? at the end of regular time the dude holds up a big sign and theyre like "its going to be 3 minutes" and it is

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

soccer is a childrens game

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

A quick baseball game is often the most boring since it means a low scoring "pitcher's duel".

No, it just doesn't involve NYY and BOS playing each other. Those fuckers are boring as poo poo because they spend 5 hours making googley eyes at each other.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I went to a nascar race once and even with earpro it was so unfathomably loud that even in the nosebleeds you'd suffer hearing loss without it

that and it was just a bunch of drunk rednecks watching cars go in a circle, sorry, oval. nothing cool like a road course

I wasn't drunk though, maybe that's what I was doing wrong

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Fosters Premuium is "Australian" and owned by the Brits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABMiller

This dude is straight beer-reking you fucks

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you should already have enough ear damage for that not to matter from shooting beer cans with a 22, or 12 gauge with no hearing protection. you sounds like a bad american. Like you don't get america. like a white black person etc.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Parallax Scroll posted:

soccer is a childrens game

it is in the US, as you can tell from the performance of their national team

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Americans should just watch futsal or street soccer if all they care is more goals.

I went to a NBA match once and it was the most boring thing ever. There was a pause every five minutes for people to buy more food and soda.

Football is popular because anyone can and does play it in their backyard. It's OK you don't like it but don't act like American football or basketball is more interesting because it's not.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

FogHelmut posted:

they do? at the end of regular time the dude holds up a big sign and theyre like "its going to be 3 minutes" and it is

when the gently caress does that ever happen? In the us game it was 4 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 5:33 right after port tied

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

newreply.php posted:

it is in the US, as you can tell from the performance of their national team

it literally is though. Everyone plays age 5-10 but then we start playing bigboy sports.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does Belgium have anyone like this fuckhole

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

when the gently caress does that ever happen? In the us game it was 4 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 5:33 right after port tied

you run into more stoppage time during the stoppage time

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Don't forget in lots of america soccer is considered a poor kids sport because it cost the least for a parent to buy the needed equipment/uniform for their kid, plus league fees.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

it literally is though. Everyone plays age 5-10 but then we start playing bigboy sports.

same for cycling, a sport americans can only win at if they a) cheat b) hire a belgian trainer c) both

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
These are actually a lot of fun to post

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

newreply.php posted:

same for cycling, a sport people can only win at if they cheat

ftfy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BigBoss posted:

No, it just doesn't involve NYY and BOS playing each other. Those fuckers are boring as poo poo because they spend 5 hours making googley eyes at each other.

Generally, a fast baseball game is a low scoring one. There can be exceptions of course, but this is a general fact.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
the worst fans are the ones who brag at other people when the team they are rooting for wins and keeps referring to the team as "my team".

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Murrica!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
it's like watching homer on a treadmill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ElGroucho posted:

These are actually a lot of fun to post

haha god drat faggots. dude gets some major air there too.

• Locked thread