Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Something that most of the world enjoy has an international tournament literally only once every four years and even though I am under no obligation to watch it whatsoever it annoys me that people get to enjoy the thing they like a bit more for a few weeks!

Did you even read what he said or were you just saving that comment up, waiting for the perfect moment? Because, uh, nice misfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Mach5 posted:

Did you even read what he said or were you just saving that comment up, waiting for the perfect moment? Because, uh, nice misfire.

he said...

Guancho posted:

I hope when America loses we go back to not giving a poo poo about soccer again. those were the good old days.

so i took from this that he wants the world cup to be over... or is this opposite day or something? i'm so confused. why are you so desperate to defend his honour anyway?

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Mach5 posted:

Also, to re-iterate: Americans don't hate soccer: We just see it as an excuse to get the kids out on a field on weekend mornings while mom and dad nurse their hangovers.

And hey you above this post: He said he wanted America to lose, not the rest of what you said. Which is fairly acceptable, I suppose.

Mach5 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 1, 2014

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mach5 posted:

Also, to re-iterate: Americans don't hate soccer: We just see it as an excuse to get the kids out on a field on weekend mornings while mom and dad nurse their hangovers.

It's also crazy cheap. No bats, gloves, pads, helmets. Go have a blast, kid, I'm going to chill in this chair and re-hydrate.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Mach5 posted:

I like that you can literally speak for every single American as to why exactly they like or do not like a sport it must be awesome to wield that kind of power and it's also kinda cool that America is like the Borg with a collective opinion of things thanks for clarifying.

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I like that you can literally speak for every single American as to why exactly they like or do not like a sport it must be awesome to wield that kind of power and it's also kinda cool that America is like the Borg with a collective opinion of things thanks for clarifying.

I fill in for Ted Nugent when he's not available.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

It's also crazy cheap. No bats, gloves, pads, helmets. Go have a blast, kid, I'm going to chill in this chair and re-hydrate.

I think the worst part about soccer when I was a kid was that they made us eat oranges.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Just 1 hour to go it's exciting! What would be a good traditional American way to celebrate should you get through? Drink a soda pop? Punch an arab?

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Just 1 hour to go it's exciting! What would be a good traditional American way to celebrate should you get through? Punch an arab? Drink a soda pop? Have diabetes?

I don't know? I'll just take what I've noticed from Euro soccer fans and suggest shouting out racial slurs, throwing huge darts at players and just generally acting like a bunch of uncivilized cro-magnons? Do you guys set fires in stadiums as well? You can say what you will about us Yanks, but at least we have the common decency to riot in public and leave our stadiums mostly alone.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Any Brussels goons wanna grab some drinks and watch the game at Place Flagey?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
We Americans have a lot to learn about soccer, when are we supposed to start rioting?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Mustang posted:

We Americans have a lot to learn about soccer, when are we supposed to start rioting?

Good question! As an American, the etiquette when it comes to tipping over cars/throwing Molotov cocktails because your team lost a game is a mystery. Should we firebomb first, or is it when the first cop car gets overturned? When is it the right time to shiv fans from the opposing team?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
who ever wins today will lose to Argentina, so who cares.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I only have eyes for hockey.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Just 1 hour to go it's exciting! What would be a good traditional American way to celebrate should you get through? Drink a soda pop? Punch an arab?

Drink beer you commie bastard.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

mysterious frankie posted:

Ohhhh you're the one.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

That's just racist.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Dear Rest of the world.
The fact you let the United States get this far into the world cup is a testament to how bad you all really are at the sport you love way too much.

- LOVE mazzi Chart Czar

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

1/10. No crying statue of liberty.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SpeedGem posted:

1/10. No crying statue of liberty.

It's a powerful symbol, don't want to overuse it.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

America sucks

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Shithouse Dave posted:

America sucks

Shut the gently caress up and go mow the lawn, kid.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

Mach5 posted:

Shut the gently caress up and go mow the lawn, kid.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
The only thing I like about the world cup is the dive highlights.

other than that it is 90 minutes of dullness.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

THS posted:

is the 12th man thing why people riot and act like fools?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Holy gently caress, I'm not even a kickball person but even I could recognize how badly the US got stormed.

I predicted a 2-1 victory Belgium but like 90% of the time was spent in the US' half. It was pretty sad.

Then again I was rooting for Belgium so it was pretty awesome.

I think I sort of understand kickball now but proper football is still leagues better.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

sweet

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I think I'm going to get in to hockey now, since it is basically soccer on ice with no flopping and less running around an empty field

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mach5 posted:

Do you guys set fires in stadiums as well?

lol funny thing that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_vG4cHRKU

they haven't killed that many people at the Daytona 500 and we actively try to do it there

gg Europe wp

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Lotta good info and tips on how hockey is way better than soccer

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011
Patriotism is for dumb faggots

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

AE-35 Unit posted:

lol sports

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i cummed the second the usa lost oh yea thats right u heard me. i was joing to the game and scratching my boner zoner with my teeth and then the game was over a nd woops ! i just juizzed all over my own face the game was over!!! man i love soccer!!!!!!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I never even really cared cuz you know what: America got people talking.

And that's a win in my book.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Duuuudes... I predicted the score based off some stupid article about "why to hate Belgium" and we won and I guessed the right score :D

Maybe there still is a little bit of divine wisdom in this hallow shell of a creature.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ElGroucho posted:

I think I'm going to get in to hockey now, since it is basically soccer on ice with no flopping and less running around an empty field

October to end of April is the best time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

redshirt posted:

I never even really cared cuz you know what: America got people talking.

And that's a win in my book.

Yeah 4 years from now jurgens handsoap clans man will have gotten even more Germans and Mexicans and other internationals on our team. Beaten the world with dey own players lol. Suck it bitches.

• Locked thread