Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

iyaayas01 posted:

That SMSgt's head probably exploded when she saw how every other military involved with NATO AWACS did things.

I don't think I saw any of the Italians do one bit of work when they were at Elmo for a RF-A, and they comprised like a quarter of the mx package.

Yeah but she was inspecting an MPF, we don't do any work anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Welcome to hell for all you morons who made it.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

iyaayas01 posted:

That SMSgt's head probably exploded when she saw how every other military involved with NATO AWACS did things.
breaks.

There was an "unidentified" package left at the steps of our command center at FOB Trapani. The Italian security forces cordoned off the area by hanging around it and smoking for the next two hours. Those guys owned.

Helldump Immunity. fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 11, 2014

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

Welcome to hell for all you morons who made it.

14% selection rate for our career field, :lol:

Within three years it's gone from pretty much everyone makes it to drat near nobody.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We had a 100% selection rate!

Out of one eligible person :downs:

wingstaff.txt

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
The two people most likely to go power-mad made it in my shop, along with one chill dude. The other chill dudes didn't make it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
A tool from my last base and a tool from this base who I kicked awake at work today made it. Pretty sure both were HYT.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Every WAPS release is the same ritual. Check the list to see which of my buddies made it and get happy if they're listed and congratulate them. Then look up all the idiot renobs I know and see if they made it and get happy if they remained a failure.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Wild T posted:

Every WAPS release is the same ritual. Check the list to see which of my buddies made it and get happy if they're listed and congratulate them. Then look up all the idiot renobs I know and see if they made it and get happy if they remained a failure.

I actually looked up a coworker before looking up myself to make sure she didn't make it. She didn't. But I did! First time, just in time to not put it on because I'm more than likely getting medically retired

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

dscruffy1 posted:

A tool from my last base and a tool from this base who I kicked awake at work today made it. Pretty sure both were HYT.

The whole drat promotion system is a really gay version of chutes and ladders if you think about it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Obama Africanus posted:

The whole drat military is a really gay version of chutes and ladders if you think about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
As you climb the ladders, you watch your hopes and dreams go down the chutes.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Cojawfee posted:

As you climb the ladders, you watch your hopes and dreams go down the chutes.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Anyone save that Shim quote about how JET taskings are a giant crock of poo poo? I think it may have been lost to the gas chamber or server reboots.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
i flew my final sortie as a reservist about a month ago. feels good man.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

Anyone save that Shim quote about how JET taskings are a giant crock of poo poo? I think it may have been lost to the gas chamber or server reboots.

Was Shim the one with the quote about taking out a dude from a roof top and eating a jambalaya MRE?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Anyone else at Nellis?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Dominoes posted:

Anyone else at Nellis?

I didn't realize suicide pacts were still a thing.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Genocide Tendency posted:

Was Shim the one with the quote about taking out a dude from a roof top and eating a jambalaya MRE?

nah that was anne frank fanfic I'm pretty sure

just go look in the OP of the Marine thread from a month or two back I'm sure it'll be in there.

Dominoes posted:

Anyone else at Nellis?

If by Nellis you mean Creech, then yes.

Speaking of Creech...

Genocide Tendency posted:

I didn't realize suicide pacts were still a thing.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Dominoes posted:

Anyone else at Nellis?

Yeah. Also eat all of your meals in Chinatown...just do it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
So we're getting a new SQ/CC next week and we have to do a welcome briefing in our office. Oh hey, too easy. Section chief calls and asks if we're doing a slide or just talking, CC doesn't care either way. gently caress slides man we're just talking, too easy. Flight CC comes down and says OH SORRY WE'RE DOING SLIDES.

Oh. So. Apparently my flight CC outranks my SQ/CC now. Cool, I can make slides. I'm gonna put a big Batman logo on the front slide, I take this poo poo seriously. Got my NCOIC's approval, shot it up. "Very funny, but I need something more serious by the end of the day." Oh, right, I see what I did wrong.

Used the 1960's Batman logo. I'll just toss on the Christopher Nolan logo and we're set. :shepface:

We've got the SQ/CC's going away shenanigan funday tomorrow. No one wants to go but it's a "you're on leave or you're there event". COOL I'LL PUT IN LEAVE TOO EASY. Oh wait I just got a call from my NCOIC, any leave put in for tomorrow is cancelled. Oh, right. I forgot. My flight CC outranks my SQ/CC apparently, loving SHAME ON ME.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Yeah, I'm doing some very mission critical forums browsing tomorrow and not making it to the shenanigans. I may go to the "hot dog and burger no vegetables unless you count cheetos" BBQ.

I don't mind the CC as a dude, but man if you have to make it a mandatory fun sports day why bother having a going away.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I think I'm actually too pissed off to be pissed off right now. I've reached pissed off level 2 or something. :supaburn:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

If your biggest bitch about the Air Force is having to make powerpoint slides and go to a lame BBQ I got bad news

Rape is coming

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ask for the policy letter where the SQ/CC is canceling leave. He's the only one who can do that.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Checked in from a month of leave yesterday and decided to look through my e-mails while I was there. Apparently they scheduled me for a PT test on the 10th, when I was still out of the state. When I went to tell my supervisor about it she gave me poo poo for having a beard, even though I was in civilian clothes and don't work until Thursday night. poo poo never changes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Softface posted:

Checked in from a month of leave yesterday and decided to look through my e-mails while I was there. Apparently they scheduled me for a PT test on the 10th, when I was still out of the state. When I went to tell my supervisor about it she gave me poo poo for having a beard, even though I was in civilian clothes and don't work until Thursday night. poo poo never changes.

Uhhh technically you're always on duty so you should never have a beard.

:goonsay:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Uhhh technically you're always on duty so you should never have a beard.

:goonsay:

I got told this by a staff sergeant when I showed up after a week home and still had a day left of leave. Our flight Captain told him to shut the gently caress up, in a more polite way unfortunately.

She was the same captain who's rear end is why I scored so well on the pt run. Had to keep it in sight, clocked in 10 seconds behind her. Needed oxygen, felt like I was dying, but worth it.

Fun times man, fun times.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Wild T posted:

Rape is coming

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Wild T posted:

Rape is coming

George A. F. Martin's

GAME OF WINGS

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cojawfee posted:

Ask for the policy letter where the SQ/CC is canceling leave. He's the only one who can do that.

Bingo. Sounds like you work for a future CSAF though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm having summer session finals this week. This thread is cheering me right up.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfGPGhH03Q

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EDIT: Figured it out.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 16, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSj0_Fd4ds

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

lol...been a while since I've seen that.

I think it's funnier if you watch the actual PA or whatever video that the visual is pulled from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIgyNMFrBFc

It's hilarious to me how closely the audio actually lines up with the spoof video.

Also lol at Capt Stone(r)

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Well, I didn't get the BD-700 deployment this round, they had two people drop out due to VSP, and had over 40 applicants for those two spots. I was too late to the game.

But I talked to AFPC and put in for it on the April - Sept band, so we'll see what happens early next year.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Shipping October 1st for ATC. RIP

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mud Shark posted:

Shipping October 1st for ATC. RIP
another lemming falls over the cliff

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU