Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
sorry but it's just a fact

americans are not very good at soccer and the rest of the world is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Ron Darling posted:

better than england though lmao

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
We can just threaten belgium with war we are good at that?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Chump Farts posted:

better than england though lmao

everybody's better than england at everything

i mean my god we were an undisciplined ragtag band of underpaid farmers and we still managed to kick their asses

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Ron Darling posted:

all our good athletes play other sports.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
england sux

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
England are better at tennis and snooker and dressage (the one where they make the horses dance)

e: wait sorry no just snooker and dressage its Scotland that win the tennis

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 1, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Can we just mix MMA and soccer for a more violent form of rugby? Maybe get some of our prison pop to put on some spiked pads and play soccer? Make fire works shoot off and night ranger play whenever a goal is scored. I'm just trying to throw out idea to make america care. Add some obstacles/traps to field. multi level fields?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Ron Darling posted:

i mean my god we were an undisciplined ragtag band of underpaid farmers and we still managed to kick their asses

Who's the 'we' in this scenario, because I'm p sure that's happened a bunch of times.

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

Ron Darling posted:

look at this scrub buying into historical propaganda. get the book 'Founding Fathers were upper-class pricks who wanted even more money and political power'

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

OppyDoppyDopp posted:

look at this scrub buying into historical propaganda. get the book 'Founding Fathers were upper-class pricks who wanted even more money and political power'

Not to mention they were English. You are all English.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
PFFT my great grand parents came through ellis island, i'm irish sicilian.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Americans pretending they are not still English is almost like me popping over for a weekend break to Paris and claiming to be a Frenchman we're talking very recent history here.

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
We believe
We believe that
We believe that we can win
We believe that we can win

United States vs. Germany Finals
You heard it here first.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
You europeans have to learn that we consider the start of the universe to be when the thirteen colonies formed, when talking to us.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

dontcareaboutname posted:

You europeans have to learn that we consider the start of the universe to be when the thirteen colonies formed, when talking to us.

truth in posting

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Ron Darling posted:

Bullshit OP. That's a British attitude you have here.

We're AMERICANS. Who cares if we lose? As long as we blow poo poo up, it's good!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ron Darling posted:

who is we

naem
May 29, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Americans pretending they are not still English is almost like me popping over for a weekend break to Paris and claiming to be a Frenchman we're talking very recent history here.

Some of the original settlers in, you know, new england, were English ethnically but that was 300 years ago. Everybody from everywhere has been moving here ever since and everybody is just loving 24/7 making babies I'm not sure how we're English now

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm a born and bred NEW Englander and I sure as gently caress ain't English.

gently caress the English
gently caress Belgium
gently caress Europe

USA!
USA!
USA!

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

naem posted:

I'm not sure how we're English now
*imperialist
*puritan streak
*enjoys the world's most boring sports (cricket/baseball)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
nobody enjoys baseball but rather we endure it. to leave before the 7th inning stretch is sinful because it makes you seem like a pussy bitch when real americans swing by concessions to grab some beer and tough it out and then drive home inebriated

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

nobody enjoys baseball but rather we endure it. to leave before the 7th inning stretch is sinful because it makes you seem like a pussy bitch when real americans swing by concessions to grab some beer and tough it out and then drive home inebriated

I sincerely enjoy baseball. I'd even watch a game where I had no rooting interest.

That said, its a sport you take in differently than any other sport. It's more leisurely.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
its strangely tolerable watching a game in person. on tv? eh. on radio? what are you, loving high?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

its strangely tolerable watching a game in person. on tv? eh. on radio? what are you, loving high?

It's great on the radio! You're outside at the grill, having a few, the radio on in the background - it's perfection.

Being at the game is the best though, since crowd watching is so fun.

Yes. I'm high.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
The best place to crowd watch is the DMV and social service buildings.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Jozy "Juice" Altidore

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

I sincerely enjoy baseball. I'd even watch a game where I had no rooting interest.

That said, its a sport you take in differently than any other sport. It's more leisurely.

most boring poster enjoys most boring game :eyepop:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

newreply.php posted:

most boring poster enjoys most boring game :eyepop:

That hurts.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

That hurts.

think of how rcman must feel he just lost the only thing he had going for him

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

naem posted:

Some of the original settlers in, you know, new england, were English ethnically but that was 300 years ago. Everybody from everywhere has been moving here ever since and everybody is just loving 24/7 making babies I'm not sure how we're English now

Who cares where the genes came from, the English themselves are a mongrel race anyway. Britain is nothing but a melting pot of neolithic tribes, Celts, Romans, Germans, Vikings, and Normans. 230 million Americans speak English as a first language, that's uh, pretty loving English.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Ron Darling posted:

WHO GIVES A poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

newreply.php posted:

think of how rcman must feel he just lost the only thing he had going for him

Thanks, makes me feel better. :)

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
we consider "English" english to be a different language. We speak english you speak british.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Belgium aren't that good, but neither are usa. I think both teams will settle for a draw.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Cosby Onahole posted:

Belgium aren't that good, but neither are usa. I think both teams will settle for a draw.

they probably would but you cant do that

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

dontcareaboutname posted:

The best place to crowd watch is the DMV and social service buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inI7N8RB5H0

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
I don't get why everyone thinks Belgium is so good. They have one or two good players, but so does the US.

I'm not saying it'll be a walkover for the US, but it's not a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Chuck Tanner posted:

WHO GIVES A poo poo

i'm gonna throw a fastball right by your head CHUCK TANNER

• Locked thread