Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I never received my second good conduct, but it's on my dd214.

edit: this rear end is too fine for one thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Stultus Maximus posted:

The system is pretty terrible. My Battle E doesn't show up and it's for a whole loving aircraft carrier.

Make sure you're looking at the unit awards section of NDAWS for these and other unit-wide awards. They won't ever show up on your personal awards list.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Octopode posted:

Make sure you're looking at the unit awards section of NDAWS for these and other unit-wide awards. They won't ever show up on your personal awards list.

I was. It listed some subsequent unit awards for the ship but not the first E which definitely happened.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Maybe 1/3 of my awards showed up in NDAWS, and now I think it can't even find me. The command has like an eight year window in NDAWS where no unit awards are recorded, including several deployments where at the least GWOTEX would've been automatic.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Snowdens Secret posted:

Maybe 1/3 of my awards showed up in NDAWS, and now I think it can't even find me. The command has like an eight year window in NDAWS where no unit awards are recorded, including several deployments where at the least GWOTEX would've been automatic.

What's also awesome is that PERS no longer will let you send in the 1650. It has to come from the awarding authority.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
So I heard something about some billets being 3 year commitments. If I'm only offered billets that are 3 year, but I refuse to extend, will they just give me one of those if they have nothing else?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FWIW my sea duty orders I'm on now are 3 year but I only had 2 years left and I didn't have to extend. I've heard some people do and some don't. My buddy in the same exact situation as me went to Hawaii and he had to extend a year.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

The minimum time on station for sea duty is 1 year. Hawaii counts as an overseas assignment and requires 3 years. Shore duty has a 2 year time on station requirement.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Oh yea, I heard Hawaii you had to do 3 years for some reason. Kunia is like 4 of my 5 only options too.

Sir Lucius fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 14, 2014

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Its because of the expense involved with moving people to Hawaii. Sailors are generally not allowed to get married out of basic or schools enroute to Hawaii either, I've seen a few lose orders because of it

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mad Dragon posted:

I never received my second good conduct, but it's on my dd214.

edit: this rear end is too fine for one thread.

This is pretty much better than any Navy talk could possibly be.

Also, fair warning to anyone thinking of going to Great Lakes for shore duty (lol like people loving pick coming to this shithole): CSCSU got a new CO and he's pretty garbage, instructors aren't allowed to bring any personal electronic devices in any 'training' area (so the entire school house) and if at any time we need to leave the classroom the entire class must log out of their computers and go out in the hallway.

Why you ask?

Because a student was found sleeping in a class without an instructor.

Please someone help I can't kneejerk any further.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

This is pretty much better than any Navy talk could possibly be.

Also, fair warning to anyone thinking of going to Great Lakes for shore duty (lol like people loving pick coming to this shithole): CSCSU got a new CO and he's pretty garbage, instructors aren't allowed to bring any personal electronic devices in any 'training' area (so the entire school house) and if at any time we need to leave the classroom the entire class must log out of their computers and go out in the hallway.

Why you ask?

Because a student was found sleeping in a class without an instructor.

Please someone help I can't kneejerk any further.

Wow what a shitbag, can't even stealth nap like you're supposed to learn in boot camp. loving boots these days. Back in my Navy we wouldn't let this rabble happen :chiefsay:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I'm just going to stare at this picture of the great rear end and objectify women with the CMEO sitting next to me watching because none of this Great Lakes student stuff makes any sense.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Seqenenra posted:

none of this Great Lakes student stuff makes any sense.

You have no idea.

The amount of consideration given to the ridiculously whiny student critiques compared with the input from the fcpoa or chiefs mess is absolutely loving absurd. The only thing I can think of is this guy is really loving scared of a middling fitrep. He's very scared of being a civilian you see, but I would be too if I was in the navy for thirty two years and never got a degree.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
At 32 years in you get enough in retirement to live high as gently caress on the hog for some pure strain mil trash lifestyle.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
If anyone here works with/for an LT 1310/20, odds are 50/50 they didn't get promoted. Gone are the days that drawing air was the only requirement for hinges. (Unless you are literally any other URL designator).

My retirement clock just ran off a couple years really fast and crossed out 'retirement' to read ' plain old freedom'

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Geizkragen posted:

If anyone here works with/for an LT 1310/20, odds are 50/50 they didn't get promoted. Gone are the days that drawing air was the only requirement for hinges. (Unless you are literally any other URL designator).

My retirement clock just ran off a couple years really fast and crossed out 'retirement' to read ' plain old freedom'

Yeah those O4 results apparently set off a shitstorm at BUPERS according to my detailer buddy but apparently it's still not bad enough to warrant giving me a Growler transition/squadron O4 billet for my next (and final) tour. :argh:

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Shitstorm? I worked for Pers43 Actual for three years and I imagine he is making GBS threads on and in the mouth of any O5 and below that isn't getting him the information he wants right now.

Nobody I know has heard a peep from the VFA desks. No emails or phone calls. They aren't even answering their phones 99% of the time. The ACCP people are even unreachable.

At least I can take some pleasure in their suffering while I calculate the PV of that pension and cringe.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Obama Africanus posted:

At 32 years in you get enough in retirement to live high as gently caress on the hog for some pure strain mil trash lifestyle.

Especially since the only thing he's married to is the navy.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Geizkragen posted:

Shitstorm? I worked for Pers43 Actual for three years and I imagine he is making GBS threads on and in the mouth of any O5 and below that isn't getting him the information he wants right now.

Nobody I know has heard a peep from the VFA desks. No emails or phone calls. They aren't even answering their phones 99% of the time. The ACCP people are even unreachable.

At least I can take some pleasure in their suffering while I calculate the PV of that pension and cringe.

At least there isn't an oncoming hiring boom coming from the airlines and...oh wait, never mind. At least my detailer is still reachable. I do know they are pretty busy with the DH slate right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So what was the actual percentage of pilots and NFOs promoted?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Probably really poo poo. I'm at a patreconwing out of Japan, and all of the officers that were up for promotion are looking really sad.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Mr. Nice! posted:

All the stats are available off the NPC website here:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyofficer/04line/Documents/FY-15/FY15%20AO4L%20STATS.pdf

Looks like it was 56.22% selection for pilots and 49.03% for NFOs. That's using BUPERS' messed up math, though, where they divide total selections, both in and above zone, over the number of in-zone Officers. Actual in-zone selection rates are pretty similar, though, 52.71% and 46.45%.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Doesn't seem so bad until you compare it to even the 60%+ of the last two years. (Let's not talk about the consistent 80%+ years before 2012)

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I don't give a gently caress what the circumstances are, if you are in the military and can't manage to be in the top 40% to 50% of people in your field, you are likely just a highly functioning retard in general.

If it's a game of dick suck to get promoted, and your sad about that, then perhaps you shouldn't have signed those dick sucking papers, retard. There's a reason you aren't getting promoted, and the lack of dicks sucked on your part is a symptom of this reason, not the manifestation of the reason itself.

Welcome to the machine.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
m0t, buttplug, tommy boy, whatever you wanna call him. That retard? He's a fast burner in your United States Navy.

If any of you are falling behind him, or know if someone who is, I strongly encourage seeking help.

And I strongly recommend that help be the barrel of a shotgun after a midnight snack of sleeping pills and military special gin.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Obama Africanus posted:

I don't give a gently caress what the circumstances are, if you are in the military and can't manage to be in the top 40% to 50% of people in your field, you are likely just a highly functioning retard in general.

If it's a game of dick suck to get promoted, and your sad about that, then perhaps you shouldn't have signed those dick sucking papers, retard. There's a reason you aren't getting promoted, and the lack of dicks sucked on your part is a symptom of this reason, not the manifestation of the reason itself.

Welcome to the machine.

Holy christ calm down. The amazing thing about this cycle, and the reason everyone is flipping out about it, is that a whole bunch of people who sucked the right dicks, and more importantly in the right places (folks with 3 EPs, flag aides, topgun instructors, etc) are getting dumped just like the triple tap MP dirtbags.

The guidance that the aviation side of the house has been giving people on how to suck dicks is not how the Navy wants dicks sucked apparently.

Will I miss the retirement if I don't advance next year? Sure. Will life be hard as an experienced pilot armed with the GI bill? No.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Your best case outcome in life is gonna wind up flying taped together regional turboprops for Cliff baby Airlines if you can't make it to 20 with wings on your chest.

That's not true, you'll probably best case out at mid level regional assistant manager for a consumer goods company serving the less good parts of the Midwest.

6 years from now when the mention of Chili's happy hour and a rough yet disinterested handjob from your fat wife gives you a Pavlovian thrill.. Just remember, you used to be a god amongst men- pushing back the boundaries of air and space as effortlessly as your now horrific brood mare sucks down those 2-for-1 Long Islands while eyeing the skinny colored boy bussing tables. You know, the one with the dreadlocks. Hopefully this time she doesn't make you watch when she turns her pussy into directors cut of "Oz" with Jerome over there, and if she does hopefully she doesn't make you taste it again.

If only you had been better than the half mongoloid unibrow sporting fundamentalist Mormon pedophiles that made O-4 while you languished away as an O-3 not capable of getting promoted in a company literally run by yourself and your own cohorts.

How shameful it must feel to know that even with a stacked deck, fully counted cards, and your own blood relative as the dealer you still can't manage to loving break even with the house.

For gods sake man, you have failed not just yourself but your own goddamn hopes and dreams. What will you have left?

Uncut black cocks cucking your perpetually disappointed and disinterested mother of your strangely tan and athletic children. That's what.

Call it in man, you did your best and you lost. Sometimes life just cucks you worse than any BBC ever could.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 15, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

idgi

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Please tell me you fantasize about this life for every noble you meet.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Seriously, what the gently caress? That went from normal "you're gonna get hosed by the Navy" to overt racism really fast.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Projecting his fantasies or reality. Not sure it matters.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

TheQuietWilds posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress? That went from normal "you're gonna get hosed by the Navy" to overt racism really fast.

We call it 'the magic of Shim.'

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I just like to pretend I'm in a wonderful creative writing lecture sometimes

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Octopode posted:

All the stats are available off the NPC website here:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyofficer/04line/Documents/FY-15/FY15%20AO4L%20STATS.pdf

Looks like it was 56.22% selection for pilots and 49.03% for NFOs. That's using BUPERS' messed up math, though, where they divide total selections, both in and above zone, over the number of in-zone Officers. Actual in-zone selection rates are pretty similar, though, 52.71% and 46.45%.

LOL. My last advancement numbers were 7%. MUTHERFUCKING SEVEN. gently caress you guys and your entitled wives and nicer housing.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

poopkitty posted:

LOL. My last advancement numbers were 7%. MUTHERFUCKING SEVEN. gently caress you guys and your entitled wives and nicer housing.

Totally an apples to apples comparison

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Thanks SPACE HOMOS for bringing us back to reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm totally okay with that crazy post because it made the navy thread exciting for like four seconds.

• Locked thread