Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
That whole thing was just too much for a humpday morning before coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

poopkitty posted:

LOL. My last advancement numbers were 7%. MUTHERFUCKING SEVEN. gently caress you guys and your entitled wives and nicer housing.

Isn't this in a community that often can't remember how to administer chewable Motrin

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

Isn't this in a community that often can't remember how to administer chewable Motrin

Please tell me they don't have to read the directions seriously.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Navy accelerating the gently caress outta some lives

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

orange juche posted:

Please tell me they don't have to read the directions seriously.

Depends on if you're talking the bottle or the MRC

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Really? Have I not been spelling correctly? I am not a corpsman.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It always goes in the butt

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Really? Have I not been spelling correctly? I am not a corpsman.

Coulda sworn you were one of our clinic criers, my bad

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

WTF am I missing here? so, only 50% of those eligible got promoted? Are they not eligible to pick up next cycle and now they are just hosed or what?

I mean, if its just a matter of waiting another year to be promoted then suck it up.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Gunktacular posted:

WTF am I missing here? so, only 50% of those eligible got promoted? Are they not eligible to pick up next cycle and now they are just hosed or what?

I mean, if its just a matter of waiting another year to be promoted then suck it up.

For O-4, you only get two failures to select before the Navy tells you to go home. They've used up one, so if they don't pick it up next year, they're done.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Snowdens Secret posted:

Coulda sworn you were one of our clinic criers, my bad

Poopkitty is one of our :chiefsay:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Octopode posted:

For O-4, you only get two failures to select before the Navy tells you to go home. They've used up one, so if they don't pick it up next year, they're done.

Well, that particular rule would make sense at a 90% advancement rate.

I would hope (lol) that the navy would adjust that rule (maybe 3-4 chances?) if the 50% range holds steady, but who am I kidding? Navy is probably doing it intentionally in order to force people out.

Would you get severance pay if you missed advancement twice?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

poopkitty posted:

LOL. My last advancement numbers were 7%. MUTHERFUCKING SEVEN. gently caress you guys and your entitled wives and nicer housing.

Also this, when I put on ET2 the advancement was 4.5%.

So, what I'm trying to say is burn all nobles.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gunktacular posted:

I would hope (lol) that the navy would adjust that rule (maybe 3-4 chances?) if the 50% range holds steady, but who am I kidding? Navy is probably doing it intentionally in order to force people out.

"probably"?

quote:

lol

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fine, fine, my bad, chief

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Gunktacular posted:

Officer promotions are generally governed by law, rather than Navy policies. In this case, it's the Defense Officer Personnel Management Act (DOPMA) which sets the rule, and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

They are eligible for severance pay, generally, at least.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

If it helps, I'm bitter and jaded and tapping out on May 31st, 2016.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poopkitty posted:

If it helps, I'm bitter and jaded and tapping out on May 31st, 2016.

Congrats!!

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010
Does SWO generally have decent advancement to O-4?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats!!

Thanks. Looking so forward to freedom.

(I'm also the CPO that sits next to seqenenra. And the CMEO, but mostly because I was the only female :chiefsay: at the time.)

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 16, 2014

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SpaceJustice posted:

It's better due to attrition rates.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SpaceJustice posted:

Short answer, yes. The majority of JO SWOs get out after their initial obligation. To even fill the open department head spots they give people $75k and a free master's degree just for another 3-4 years of service. After that point, it makes little sense to not advance most of them.

I don't know the exact numbers, but yes, most SWOs that stick around will pick up O-4, but I would say the number actually advanced is probably similar to pilots. It's just that pilots aren't jumping to leave so the excess has to be cut somehow. SWOs already get rid of their excess numbers past the O-3 level.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

poopkitty posted:

(I'm also the CPO that sits next to seqenenra. And the CMEO, but mostly because I was the only female :chiefsay: at the time.)

Even as a civilian I get :chiefsay:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

poopkitty posted:

"Ok, we need a CMEO to show that we are a diverse organization that does not make decisions based on gender, race, or religion"
/picks the only female chief because she is female

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

"Ok, we need a CMEO to show that we are a diverse organization that does not make decisions based on gender, race, or religion"
/picks the only female chief because she is female

Its usually a black guy, so I feel like this is progress.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

poopkitty posted:

Its usually a black guy, so I feel like this is progress.

We once had a fat white CMEO for some reason. He was also :chiefsay: as gently caress.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Stultus Maximus posted:

We once had a fat white CMEO for some reason. He was also :chiefsay: as gently caress.

Probably because PRT coordinator was taken.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

poopkitty posted:

At least we now know that the CPO community sees the irony.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Poopkitty you're an HMC? That's pretty cool.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Fat :chiefsay: PRT coordinators are way better than skinny, former fat girl, noble coordinator. Fucker screwed over one of the best Sailors we had because of BCA even though he is in-shape and it was 1%. Bonus was said PRT coordinated had to redo an entire group PRT the next drill because she made so many mistakes in a process that is entirely regulation driven.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

Fat :chiefsay: PRT coordinators are way better than skinny, former fat girl, noble coordinator. Fucker screwed over one of the best Sailors we had because of BCA even though he is in-shape and it was 1%. Bonus was said PRT coordinated had to redo an entire group PRT the next drill because she made so many mistakes in a process that is entirely regulation driven.

Was her name Marcia?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

So what I am getting from this is we should "burn all nobles"? :raise:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Was her name Marcia?

No, but that would be good.

orange juche posted:

So what I am getting from this is we should "burn all nobles"? :raise:

Yes, except for CWO/LDOs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The CWO that was MPA on my first ship got fired by the CO because he was useless and just made the electro. The JG that was running that division took over as MPA and things went much much better.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

No, but that would be good.

LDOs and CWOs are p chill dudes. More chill than :chiefsay: for sure.

Realchat it's time to update my security clearance and the security manager wants me to sign away access to my medical records for the investigation, when I haven't been involved with mental health at any point in my life, and that is specifically mentioned on the form as the only time that they would need access to my medical records and to talk with providers etc.

Am I correct in pointing to the spot on the form that says "ONLY SIGN IF YOU ARE CRAZY" and using that as the reason why I won't sign it? Respectfully, of course.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
But then how would they know if you've been injected with Communism????

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Am I correct in pointing to the spot on the form that says "ONLY SIGN IF YOU ARE CRAZY" and using that as the reason why I won't sign it? Respectfully, of course.

Had the same thing come up because all security managers are terrible. Point it out, they will probably say, "Sign it anyway," you'll say no, they'll say, "welp, not sending it even though you're right," and you'll sign it. Enjoy :chiefsay:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

LOL. We just had a terrible LDO retire. Super loving creepy dude. Literally said he applied for LDO because he couldn't make Chief.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

LOL. We just had a terrible LDO retire. Super loving creepy dude. Literally said he applied for LDO because he couldn't make Chief.

Firsts like that just need to quickly and quietly turn to dust and not continue along instead. Or, better yet, be a Warrant in the Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Biggest prick of a JO I ever knew was some E6 (nuke EM I think) that got out, went to school, and came back as an officer. gently caress that guy. If we burn all nobles, he should be the first in the fire.

• Locked thread