Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
GWS: Martha Stewart's Autistic Crock Pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Opinions.

Bean in chili Good.
Mix steak tips with ground beef Good.
Rice, only if you put chili over it with a slice of bread under it.

Heat level, Shouldn't burn at both ends.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

pixaal posted:

The threads started to get out of control and GWS was open. It wasn't used much but was still about making cheap stuff, then whatever this is happened at some point. At least the threads on alcohol tend to be sensible enough.

If I wasn't on this site for as long as I have been, I wouldn't understand these statements.

Chefs=Insane
Drunks=Sensible

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Tonight's dinner.

Hamburgers, corn on the cob and beer.

Life is so difficult.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SpeedGem posted:

you didnt even garnish it, your a loving slob

Oh I'm sorry. Salt, butter and Heinz Ketchup as needed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's the cooking equivalent of sticking one's nose in the air, so that they might look down it at others.

Elitism is elitism is elitism.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Berk Berkly posted:

Your competency-phobia is showing.

Just because some goons have figured out which side of the pan the food is supposed to go in doesn't mean you gotta get all butthurt about them demonstrating it.

If you feel looked down upon if another human being can cut their own steak without mom helping I feel sorry for you son.

Sorry I'm new to GBS, I guess thats how you are supposed to do it.

Not bad. Honestly, not bad.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

anyone who is actually intimidated by any sort of ingredient or cooking food in general even is a big idiot baby

This, unironically.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's 12:40 am on a Thursday. I can either pull out my sous crock pot or make scrambled eggs in a loving pan.

Look, props for making a delicious steak with a ton of prior knowledge and time. But my loving pan, like a willing whore, is ready whenever I want it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
and my scrambled eggs are done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

who the gently caress puts steak in the oven

Thin steaks are fine for a quick grill. Large, thick cuts of beef go in the oven and you finish them on the grill. Yes it might be an extra step, but it IS a delicious one.

• Locked thread