Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I would really hate to be a girl and try online dating. My ex told me that she got called a slut and a tease and a bitch by some 55 year old guy when she tried it. I feel like half the girls are utterly blown away by the fact that I read their profile and asked them about something in it.

Girls you have my condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
when I meet a girl from online let me tell you my strategy (this also works in speed dating situations)

i say that she can earn a second date/kiss/whatever if she can beat me at Magic: the Gathering. I show up with two decks and tell her to pick one. Now one of the decks is real fast red aggro, anyone could win with it, the other is a not very good tribal deck. so if I like the girl I use NLP to get her to take the red deck and she beats me and usually that's enough for at least a kiss-close if not more.

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-

SHISHKABOB posted:

I would really hate to be a girl and try online dating. My ex told me that she got called a slut and a tease and a bitch by some 55 year old guy when she tried it. I feel like half the girls are utterly blown away by the fact that I read their profile and asked them about something in it.

I met my girlfriend online

Granted it was on Craigslist which is kinda weird, but whatever.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
ive been waiting for the okcupid thread to come back for so long

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've already met some really cool chicks who are totally chill and laid back, but jeez am I glad to be a dude

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

SHISHKABOB posted:

glad to be a dude

just in general, this

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's mostly because I'm weak and a coward and would not be able to face the challenges as well

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I met my current boyfriend on OKC and he turned out to be a goon. :confuoot:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

That's wonderful I'm so happy for you.

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?

im sorry for your loss

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
u never tell her what car you really drive and do a slow roll to amke sure a whale isnt standing at the corner

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Goons are hilariously bad at online dating, so that makes your two goon relationship a crazy statistical anomaly.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 1, 2014

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

thunderchief posted:

when I meet a girl from online let me tell you my strategy (this also works in speed dating situations)

i say that she can earn a second date/kiss/whatever if she can beat me at Magic: the Gathering. I show up with two decks and tell her to pick one. Now one of the decks is real fast red aggro, anyone could win with it, the other is a not very good tribal deck. so if I like the girl I use NLP to get her to take the red deck and she beats me and usually that's enough for at least a kiss-close if not more.

Going to try this.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

thunderchief posted:

what if u want to date beautiful girls not goony slobs?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
The questionnaires on OKCupid have both helped and ruined online dating for me. They help in that I am able to confirm that the person I'm about to email isn't a complete sociopath based on some of the answers (confirm, meaning, have a decent idea unless she's outright lying). On the other hand, I end up excluding many women who otherwise may actually be great fits with me due to thinking "They should hear both sides" on the "Should Creationism be taught in schools?"

Or the other one:

Which is worse: starving animals or children?
- Animals

That poo poo blows my mind and I immediately go back to the search results. Anyone who thinks a starving loving animal is more upsetting than a starving loving child is just not someone I'm gonna mix well with.

Edit:

To be ontopic. I believe it's both great and terrifying to be a female on a dating site. On the one hand, it's ultimately her choice who she want to meet with since they hold all the cards (as long as they aren't hideous... and even then). However, it's also overwhelming since they typically get emailed numerous times per day and many of which are some of the dumbest emails you've ever seen. Or dick pics. They get a lot of dick pics.

And like the OP said, if they don't reply they're a whore. If they do reply and say they aren't interested, they're a bitch/whore/oval office/slut/etc. YOU JUST WANT SOME MEATHEAD WHO WILL TREAT YOU LIKE poo poo. GIRLS SAY THEY WANT A NICE GUY BUT THEY DON'T.

Yeah, winner. You sound really nice.

(I've done some social experiments in the past...)

Shadow fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 1, 2014

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Shadow posted:

On the other hand, I end up excluding many women who otherwise may actually be great fits with me due to thinking "They should hear both sides" on the "Should Creationism be taught in schools?"

i don't think the women who answered that question differently would be great fits for you, because intelligent people generally don't get along well with morons

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

thunderchief posted:

can confirm this works every time

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

SHISHKABOB posted:

you shouldve read the okcupid thread here, it was really not good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

i thought onlinedating is ask somebody asl in omegle?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i did a post about how i automated a plenty of fish account its around somewhere

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i don't think the women who answered that question differently would be great fits for you, because intelligent people generally don't get along well with morons

does this mean you and i will never be? :(

Priapus
Feb 17, 2007
I AM LITERALLY AND I MEAN LITERALLY A STUPID NAIVE SHELTERED IGNORANT DENSE AS FUCK WASTE OF SPACE. PLEASE IGNORE ANYTHING I SAY AS THEY ARE THE RAMBLINGS OF A DELUSIONAL FUCKWAD PS MY DICK IS VERY SMALL AND I PROBABLY HAVE NEVER USED IT im so very retarded
the quality of online dating chicks is way better than when it first started unfortunately the men haven't kept pace, sorry ladies.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Shadow posted:

The questionnaires on OKCupid have both helped and ruined online dating for me. They help in that I am able to confirm that the person I'm about to email isn't a complete sociopath based on some of the answers (confirm, meaning, have a decent idea unless she's outright lying). On the other hand, I end up excluding many women who otherwise may actually be great fits with me due to thinking "They should hear both sides" on the "Should Creationism be taught in schools?"

Or the other one:

Which is worse: starving animals or children?
- Animals

That poo poo blows my mind and I immediately go back to the search results. Anyone who thinks a starving loving animal is more upsetting than a starving loving child is just not someone I'm gonna mix well with.

I'm pretty it's worse to have starving animals than children. Who doesn't love kids?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tezzeract posted:

I'm pretty it's worse to have starving animals than children. Who doesn't love kids?

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. The question was asking which reality is worse. Animals starving, or children starving. I simply find it insane that people would think that animals starving is a harsher reality than human children.

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

Tezzeract posted:

starving animals = bad

children = good

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Starve all children

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
okcupid polls are terrible because they never have a goku option

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Shadow posted:

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. The question was asking which reality is worse. Animals starving, or children starving. I simply find it insane that people would think that animals starving is a harsher reality than human children.

The question is abused animals versus starving children I'm pretty sure. Which doesn't make people any less wrong, but there's at least room to almost see the other side's point.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Anachronist posted:

The question is abused animals versus starving children I'm pretty sure. Which doesn't make people any less wrong, but there's at least room to almost see the other side's point.

Ah, got it. And yeah, I agree. Abusing animals is a bad thing. Children starving is a worse thing. It's kind of insane to not agree with that.

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i did a post about how i automated a plenty of fish account its around somewhere

This sounds like a cool summer project. What did you use?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can see people preferring starving children. At least seeing starving children can be funny, which is why people always photoshop that pic of the starving African child.

Starving animals usually isn't funny, though I guess it depends on the animal. If you choose animals whose starving is hilarious, like a sloth, then people would probably say starving children are worse, because who wouldn't laugh at a starving sloth?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

College Ruled posted:

This sounds like a cool summer project. What did you use?

found the post

quote:

Sup, CRIP EATIN BREAD here, and I have some tips that will help you get some curvy gamer girls or even someone stupid enough to actually meet you.

i'm not actually going to give away my script because I don't want everyone in the world who can copy/paste it do it, and plus it was a fun exercise.

the success rate is surprising, this was more of a social experiment because a buddy of mine told me he hosed 6 girls in 6 days from this site, and the pictures he texted me of their naked bodies were pretty good. i figured i'd yos it up and bit and automate the boring stuff.

What you'll need:
  • A computer
  • Access to the internet
  • Some sort of scripting language (bash supremacy)
  • curl or wget
  • A text editor (vim)
  • A plentyoffish.com account
  • The ability to string together some words with periods separating thoughts.

alright, so here we go, what you need to do is to create an account for plentyoffish.com, and probably fill in some forms. just post poo poo and try to get a picture of yourself where you dont have cheeto dust all over your face and your guts not hanging out. got it? good. now we get to the fun part, the scripting.

first step, you need to get the cookies for PoF stored locally on your machine in the netscape cookie.txt format. unfortunately chrome uses a different format, so I used this cookie.txt export extension. it makes a button in chrome that formats your cookies for you. copy and paste that poo poo in a file, you'll need it.

now figure out pof's url format for searching, it's very simple, because they put everything in the url parameters, and there's no captchas on the site.

It looks sorta like this:

http://www.pof.com/basicsearch.aspx?iama=m&minage=23&maxage=31&z_code=99999&seekinga=fðnicity=4&sorting=0&miles=8&country=1&imagesetting=1&page=2&count=500

change minage, maxage and z_code to the age range you want and zip code you want, and you can gently caress with the other paramaters to find other poo poo. whatever, the fact you like old ladies who are of middle eastern descent is not the focus of this post. what you'll do is do a for loop in your scripting language to get all the profiles.

basically this:

code:
    for i in {1..25}
    do
        curl --cookie PATH_TO_COOKIES_DOT_TEE_EX_TEE "http://www.pof.com/basicsearch.aspx?page={$i}"
    done

you've just done a search through 25 pages. now use sed or grep or whatever to get all the viewprofile links. its pretty simple, your regex will look something like /viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=[1-9]* and extract all of them.

now you have all your potential targets, just append that url to the base url. simply pass these urls back into the curl script, which can be automated if you're not terrible with sed or grep or whatever. if you are, get t he gently caress out of yospos. make sure to pass your cookie file again!

now you can simply spam all of them with a message by passing the form data. the thing is you need to get all the inputs from the form, whichi s really easy to parse. then fill in the "message" form item. make up a message, i used something along the lines of:

"hey ive never used dating sites before, so i dont know how this goes, blah blah blah blah"

use proper sentences and poo poo, chicks love that poo poo. try to play off the fact that you're not a creepy dude who just wrote a script to automate online dating. spam the same message to everyone.

for better effectiveness, you can have y our script output all the people you've already messaged so you don't duplicate messages, and run it as a cron job. now every girl that signs up will get your message automatically. the ones who just signed up are not as battle-hardened so you're more likely to get a response.

now all you gotta do is just wade through the responses and and set your poo poo up. this has a ridiculous success rate for something so stupid.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
OP if an old grizzly cop can meet young attractive women to have rough and violent sex with online. Then dump their butchered up bodies into suitcases he stores in his freezer. The odds for you finding a girl are pretty good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-suspect-in-wis-suitcase-murders-met-victims-online/

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I once went on a blind date with a woman on her period. Everything was terrible, the movie, the dinner, everything.

I asked her why she wanted to go out. She told me it was to escape a mundane existence.

Was cool.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Al Borland posted:

OP if an old grizzly cop can meet young attractive women to have rough and violent sex with online. Then dump their butchered up bodies into suitcases he stores in his freezer. The odds for you finding a girl are pretty good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-suspect-in-wis-suitcase-murders-met-victims-online/

yeah, but wisconsin

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Schnedwob posted:

yeah, but wisconsin

The women were coming from other states though.

Unless you're saying Wisconsin men are just poon magnets. In which case I agree we are.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

online dating? more like rejected broken people repository

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Hey OP, you look good in your pic, I am looking for a friend maybe more too. Anyway I want to stick my dick so far down your throat that you pass out from lack of air then I will sodomize & rob you, wanna meet Thursday? You have a Denny's near your house? IHOP is cool too. Hope to hear from you soon xoxo

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Fagmaster posted:

online dating? more like rejected broken people repository

You never know, you might end up with one who just wants to throw cards in a hat for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Hey OP, you look good in your pic, I am looking for a friend maybe more too. Anyway I want to stick my dick so far down your throat that you pass out from lack of air then I will sodomize & rob you, wanna meet Thursday? You have a Denny's near your house? IHOP is cool too. Hope to hear from you soon xoxo

A girl I know told me she would find men with fetishes that looked like they made good money have sex with them, tie them up, take pictures, then blackmail them.

:gonk:

I wouldn't doubt the sincerity of this either.

• Locked thread