Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fart Pipe posted:

She told me like a week ago so Ive had time to think about it. Its not too bad, kinda knew it was coming but I was kinda blindsided at the time. We are on good terms but the moving truck gets here on Monday and maybe the reality of it will be worse when shes driving away. Also friends on facebook this on the dl, not a lot of people know yet.

I'm going to be single too. wanna get together sometime? :quagmire:

I'll help you with your leak if you help me with mine.

Roverchat: they aren't so bad unless you're stupid. if you're stupid then you'll help others make a mint off it.

11 trucks, 200-300k mi, 3 tows. 2 from the same rover even.

Lots and lots of little annoyances. but we call that personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fart Pipe posted:

She told me like a week ago so Ive had time to think about it. Its not too bad, kinda knew it was coming but I was kinda blindsided at the time. We are on good terms but the moving truck gets here on Monday and maybe the reality of it will be worse when shes driving away. Also friends on facebook this on the dl, not a lot of people know yet.

At least you're in the right season to bury your head in your work, i guess :/

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Led Zepplin and Weird Al Yankovic on the office alert system. Today is a good day.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If you've already got a 360, it was in Forza 4.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Or if you've got another $50 over the cost of a xbone and game, you can buy the real thing.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

IOwnCalculus posted:

If you've already got a 360, it was in Forza 4.

Same with the XB Falcon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

80% of the cars in the forza 5 packs were pulled strait from forza 4, often pulled from forza 4 DLC.

so if you bought forza 4 + DLC, and forza horizon + DLC, you've already paid for most of the cars twice already. It's a complete wank.

I'd bet money forza horizon 2 DLC cars are going to be mainly the same cars, too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

80% of the cars in the forza 5 packs were pulled strait from forza 4, often pulled from forza 4 DLC.

so if you bought forza 4 + DLC, and forza horizon + DLC, you've already paid for most of the cars twice already. It's a complete wank.

I'd bet money forza horizon 2 DLC cars are going to be mainly the same cars, too.

I swear when you guys talk about games, I suddenly feel like I'm in Latin America for all I understand.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cat Terrist posted:

I swear when you guys talk about games, I suddenly feel like I'm in Latin America for all I understand.
"The cars between Game 1 and Game 2 are 80% the same. Game 3, yes probably."

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Blew 55 bucks on a new TPS for the shitcan, since it was throwing two codes, both for the TPS, and acted like it had a dead spot at normal driving throttle position.

Not only did it not fix it, it is now throwing a MAP sensor code as well and is worse. gently caress this loving thing.

I would suspect it is a broken sensor supply voltage wire since they share a supply but they are throwing opposite "sensor out of range" signals, so it is at least two broken wires or a DOA sensor and another failed sensor.

:tizzy:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

It's like if you bought a set of tires from a tire shop, and every time you took the car back in for a tire rotation, they pulled the tires off and then tried to sell them back to you.

Except with forza 5, they're also trying to sell you your wheels back as well.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 4, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I spent too much time on Forza 4 without buying any cars. I don't need to get Forza 5 or whatever the next one is (they're already doing another one? Didn't the xbone just come out?) and lose my mind. I only have so much time and most of that time is already dedicated to fixing a real-life car.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So has anyone else here given BeamNG drive a spin? Even if it's not a proper game just yet I think still has to be one of my favorite car games so far.
If nothing else it's a great way to blow off some steam. Had a lovely day? Take it out by reducing a Ferrari to pocket sized ball of twisted metal.

Also serves as my offroading outlet since I'm a poor and can't afford a proper offroading setup.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

they're already doing another one? Didn't the xbone just come out?

They're kinda splitting it up, Horizon is the "take a poo poo on the physics and beef up the graphics" Need for Speed competitor version, whereas Forza (number) is the Gran Turismo competitor.
I'd have really liked Horizon for the beautiful open-world poo poo (oh and the soundtrack is way better) if they'd left the physics even remotely believable and left at least a little tuning capability in it.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Tommychu posted:

Horizon ... if they'd left the physics even remotely believable and left at least a little tuning capability in it.

First time I tried horizon I tried following the racing line overlay like a regular Forza game and quickly learned the driving physics are nothing like Forza #. Honestly kind of like the arcade style physics, the more in-depth tuning would be nice, but the style is a nice break from a serious racing game. Pretty enjoyable game so far I'd say.

If they added an open world approach in Forza # with the realistic physics, that would be :allears:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Forza 5 is a pretty fun game still but yeah they made a lot of missteps IMO. At least they've been trying to fix it. The problem is Microsoft and affiliates never want to communicate what they're working on. Their corporate culture is around secrecy, which makes sense from a business competitive and other standpoints, but I don't see the harm in the Turn 5 guys saying that they are working on a new version of the Nurburgring to be added, unless there is some chance they couldn't actually do it. I think Microsoft should have hired me as the new CEO, I have a lot of good advice for them really :D

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

ExplodingSims posted:

Also serves as my offroading outlet since I'm a poor and can't afford a proper offroading setup.

Get Spintires, it's well worth the $30. I've been having a blast taking an 8x8 MTVR and just driving through rivers :v:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
E: ^^^^ I keep waiting for Spintires to get on a Steam sale, looks fun as hell.

Powershift posted:

It's like if you bought a set of tires from a tire shop, and every time you took the car back in for a tire rotation, they pulled the tires off and then tried to sell them back to you.

Except with forza 5, they're also trying to sell you your wheels back as well.

Alternatively you can get Gran Turismo 6, where not only are you getting brand new wheels and tires each month, but they don't even charge you for them...

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 4, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

Alternatively you can get Gran Turismo 6, where not only are you getting brand new wheels and tires each month, but they don't even charge you for them...

Yeah, but 3 of them are fuckin square.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Thought of your Rover owners today; there was a vehicle in the parking lot below my office whose anti-theft was going off almost continuously all afternoon. Wheeled over to the window and there it was...a P38 honking frantically like it was separated from its parents.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Powershift posted:

Yeah, but 3 of them are fuckin square.

Hahahaha. :D

Anyone else get a kick out of trying to find the worst car in a racing game and try to tune it to be as competitive as possible? Right now I'm getting my kicks racing around a Daihatsu Midget with an engine boosted to within an inch of its life and a custom gearbox so it can actually get above 80 mph. The amount of body roll it has even with a full race suspension is comical.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
loving Miata just ate a cam or crank seal...
Yes I wanted to do a timing belt on my nice long weekend :suicide:

Ugh. The Miata is our newest car and it's almost 20 years old... I think I'm buying a new(ish) car soon...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

HotCanadianChick posted:

Hahahaha. :D

Anyone else get a kick out of trying to find the worst car in a racing game and try to tune it to be as competitive as possible? Right now I'm getting my kicks racing around a Daihatsu Midget with an engine boosted to within an inch of its life and a custom gearbox so it can actually get above 80 mph. The amount of body roll it has even with a full race suspension is comical.

I'm actually bummed they took the "E" class (lowest) out of Forza 5. Those cars are now part of "D" class but if you try to play the single player campaign you have to upgrade them. I like playing slow cars. It's more fun.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My timing cover melted. This means I have to remove my timing belt to put my new one on. :geno:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

e/n for a second, but I'm still fuming about this.

I went in on my day off, as a favor to my boss - another coworker had to go to a funeral (said coworker is covering my Monday shift in exchange). Coworker's schedule was 5-9. I made it very clear I couldn't stay past 9:15 due to family plans + a temp overnight job that lasts a week.

Boss leaves (and tells me "good luck with him"), our brand new assistant manager is there. I tell him the same thing - I HAVE to be gone at 9:15. 9:30 at the absolute latest. After I tell him that, he sends everybody home except for the closing driver (including 3 drivers who were supposed to leave after me).

I actually clocked out at 10:45. Lost the temp job over it, missed out on the family plans, have family pissed at me. Assistant manager couldn't understand why I was so pissed off, and still kept trying to send me on more deliveries at 10:45, said it was too many for the closing driver (store closes at 11). I'm normally a pretty calm person (IRL), but I ripped him about 5 new assholes, reminded him I had already missed family plans, I was working on my day off, and I'd been telling him since 5pm that I HAD to leave by 9:15 no matter what. Reminded him he dug himself into that hole by sending everyone else home (including the driver who was scheduled off at 10:45), and that there was another manager in the store that was perfectly capable of taking deliveries.

He's going to need to figure out which anus to use as a primary shitter. Probably need a few colostomy bags now too.

Boss has been involved; he's been really annoyed with the way his new assistant handles poo poo too (asst is a former GM who got demoted due to failing several corporate inspections + employee complaints).

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

you can get one here in the uk for that very easily and it will be a loving heap like that one probably is, enjoy your lovely creaky t-bar chassis

also click on my av for some epix lulz

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Happy Freedom Day to everyone here who lives in the greatest country in the solar system.

All you other commies can gently suckle Lady Liberty's massive weiner.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You know, I know it's the 4th, but several neighbors have started shooting off fireworks.... as of about 3 hours ago.

Yeah it's a holiday, but some of us have to work today. :argh: I got a 1000 pack of ancient Black Cats waiting for the next person to set off something loud in front of the house. :getin:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Happy 4th from Germany where today isn't a holiday but they're having a massive festival this weekend anyways.

Spent 7.5 hours on the road yesterday, 3.5 of that not moving at all and another hour moving at first gear idle speeds. Not a great way to spend an evening but I had cigars and my kindle so it wasn't terrible.

Couple more hours of work then it's off the Schutzenfest!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

some texas redneck posted:

e/n for a second, but I'm still fuming about this.
Your boss knew about your plans and agreed to them, shoulda walked and left the assistant to clean up his own mess.

I had one today with a guy getting annoyed with me for saying I wouldn't do a five-minute job for him, because I already had a task for the MD on my plate. His job was important, but no more important that mine, and while it turned out to genuinely be the five-minute job he said it was... They usually mean "one hour plus cocking about time".

Thing is, I was trying to politely say "Sorry, I'm already on something, you need to talk to [MD] if you need me", and he just got irritated because I was being "awkward" about it and was spending more time saying no than it would take to do it anyway. Told him I understood he was under a lot of pressure, but so was I, and he needed to cool it off a bit. Even told him very clearly that I knew he wasn't normally at our site, and I was cutting him a lot of slack because of it.

Anyway, I did do the job, because my senior engineer agreed with him, but I was feeling a little twitchy and wound up. Guy was clearly used to dealing with people who were junior to him, was working on the principle I was, and was spending too much time putting out his own "I'm getting irritated here" warnings to pick up on the fact that I was getting really pissed off with him.

In the interests of keeping the peace, I calmed down after about fifteen minutes and went to him and said sorry, I understand you were stressed, but I am too, and he was cool with it... But I think he genuinely doesn't realise that he was getting close to a proper "who the gently caress do you think you're talking to?" pushback from me, or that he probably wouldn't enjoy it. I don't actually get that cranky with people at work, and tend to be able keep a lid on it if I do, but if you push me hard enough (particularly if you have an "I'm senior and therefore you will do what I say" attitude) and blatantly waltz past many levels of "look, I'd prefer it if we could just be civil" warnings, you'll eventually get an object lesson in why your position in the company means dick-all if you turn the situation into a personal or aggressive one.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

Your boss knew about your plans and agreed to them, shoulda walked and left the assistant to clean up his own mess.

So much this. Don't be a doormat, STR.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, sorry. You should have walked as soon as the clock hit 9pm on the dot. It's not your responsibility that the assistant manager is a loving moron.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah I don't know why you wouldn't have left right at 9:00. I mean you're delivering pizzas, it's not it's the end of the world if you peace out on time, and if your boss would have shitcanned you for leaving when you said you had to leave then you don't want to work there anyways.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Sat waiting for an MOT and air con refil. Hopefully there won't be any issues

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

MrChips posted:

Thought of your Rover owners today; there was a vehicle in the parking lot below my office whose anti-theft was going off almost continuously all afternoon. Wheeled over to the window and there it was...a P38 honking frantically like it was separated from its parents.

It's a P38, they are always in a chronic state of panic.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

freelop posted:

Sat waiting for an MOT and air con refil. Hopefully there won't be any issues

Best of luck dude! I have a friendly garage and an unfriendly one nearby.... Why is one more booked up that the other :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HAPPY 4TH JERKS

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

thegasman2000 posted:

Best of luck dude! I have a friendly garage and an unfriendly one nearby.... Why is one more booked up that the other :)

Clear with no issues.

Amazon Local was doing vouchers for cheap MOTs and aircon services with ATS Euromasters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So a new potential job has popped up for double what I make now + full benefits. But if I take it and it doesn't work out I'll be hosed. New job would be pretty active, lots of walking, heavy lifting and my leg acts up if I stay on my feet too long. It's sill very tempting because gently caress this gay comic bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
But tell me how you really feel about the difficulties associated with writing for Clark Kent.

• Locked thread