Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

COME PLAY AGRICOLA OR YOMI, MILORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
Other recommendations for future GotM: Hive and New World Colony

Was Neuroshima Hex's multiplayer ever fixed?

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Servoret posted:

Is it any less lovely now than it was when it first came out?

Not at all. In fact it seems worse.

We're having a good time vrooming nonetheless. When we can actually get the invites to work, that is.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

This would be a pretty good choice. It's like Le Havre but not as good.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
I would love for more people to be playing Yomi.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
It being $13 is putting me off

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
$20 really, since it's $10 for the base app and 10 characters and then $10 to get the other 10 characters, and what's the point if you don't have the full roster?

Still a great price compared to physical boardgames though and it's legitimately just a really great game. The crossplatform play with the web client (which also offers a F2P style system where they rotate between characters that are free to play every couple of weeks) is also really nice.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah but more accessible (so as to trick more people into playing)

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
If you had to choose between Tanto Cuore and Agricola for the next game of the month, which would you choose? And why?

Personally I'm leaning towards Agricola because I think it's a great game and doesn't get played enough. But I'd also play Tanto because while I acknowledge it's creepy I don't think it's That creepy and the game play seems interesting enough to explore a bit further.

Bullbar fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 29, 2014

durty
Jan 28, 2009
Definitely Tanto!

durty fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 29, 2014

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

Agricola please.

Edit: Oh and why? Serious answer people have agricola and it was kidna fun and I'd like to enjoy it more. Also, see SM's post below as my closing argument as to why not Tanto.

Kelthorn fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 29, 2014

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
The 'Gric, because Uwe.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Agricola. Partially because I already own it and want to learn to play it... Partially because of this:

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
While it's looking most likely that the GOTM will be Agricola, I want to put forward the idea of having a "Shadow" GOTM. That is a secondary and lesser game each month that is still a good game, but for some reason (lack of asynchronous play, unreliable, no multiplayer at all even) isn't suitable for gotm proper.

San Juan is actually my first candidate for that. It's a really good game but completely lacks async.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Quickpull posted:

Other recommendations for future GotM: Hive and New World Colony

Was Neuroshima Hex's multiplayer ever fixed?

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I DID A POST ABOUT THE NEW GOTM, IT'S AGRICOLA

I will post later about Shadow GOTM though

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

First question: Is it pronounced Ag-ri-cola or A-gric-ola?

/aˈɡri.ko.la/

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I'm down to fight on the farm

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

MizuZero posted:

I'm down to fight on the farm

What's your playdek name?

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Who would be interested in conducting a 1v1 game of Agricola where one player is whoever claims to be the best Gric player in the thread and the other player is collectively controlled by everybody else through voting?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

Who would be interested in conducting a 1v1 game of Agricola where one player is whoever claims to be the best Gric player in the thread and the other player is collectively controlled by everybody else through voting?

While I've never played Kelthorn in a game of Gric, I nominate him to be the best player in the thread (mostly because this was his idea and because he knows the value of wood in Agricola).

I'll participate as one of the voting public, because I'm the tool who has yet to accept my Agricola invites. :v:

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

Niemat posted:

While I've never played Kelthorn in a game of Gric, I nominate him to be the best player in the thread (mostly because this was his idea and because he knows the value of wood in Agricola).

I'll participate as one of the voting public, because I'm the tool who has yet to accept my Agricola invites. :v:

I'm certainly not the best player in the thread. My plans after "get wood" were few and far between, as evidenced by my begging card on stage 1. I'm pretty sure "take wood all the time" only works the first time you ever do it, and only then because your opponent thinks you can't possibly be THAT stupid to do it again and ignore food.

The voting thing'd be a neat idea if you had some way of automating it. However, you'd would have to provide the voting public with a limited choice, as there's far too many basic actions in Agricola. Let alone things like the "and/or" options or choosing which field to plow/sheep to put where.

Edit: <--- what the gently caress is she doing to that pillow?! :(

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Kelthorn posted:

Edit: <--- what the gently caress is she doing to that pillow?! :(

LOVE

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Quickpull posted:

/aˈɡri.ko.la/

Yeh, this.

It's has been wrongly pronounced for a long time. Imagine That an agricultural company has started making a new Cola drink. That's how you pronounce the name of this game. Some big name youtube reviewers even get this wrong :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

It's Tanto Month.

This month we're playing Tanto.

• Locked thread