Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
And ordered something at the Vitamin Shoppe online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

zoux posted:

What was the number?

I already ran it through an online checking service and it said "stolen"

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

pm'd

I was thinking about posting it because I closed it immediately but that seems like a bad idea still even to me

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Ron Darling posted:

for the love of god someone tell me that he actually pm'd someone with his card number

im not paranoid like you people ARE trying to help sometimes

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

CloFan posted:

"Check card"

what would you call it *bristles*

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Xaris posted:

Debit card?

this goes for you too !

check card is written bigger debit card is for small dicks

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Xaris posted:

i dunno i have two debit cards in front of me. one from a fire credit union that has DEBIT in big letters at the bottom left and no check card. another from umpqua and it does have "check card" at the top right and bold DEBIT at the bottom but the check card is in small print and harder to see. so the only consistent thing about them is they both have debit on them. maybe its a regional thing?

my bank's region is the planet so can I win. I enjoy winning inconsequential arguments

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I've memorized this number for a long time too. Kind of sucks thinking about updating all that loving poo poo

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Probably the same way credit card information is stolen dude. It's like they don't even care it's a secure connection or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I dont like the idea of money being directly removed from me fraudulently which is reason enough to use a credit card, but it's no longer unsafe like it used to be. For whatever reason the 60 day limit for federal law protection remains but if your bank is being gay about it, Visa has a separate zero liability policy on top of the very unlikely scenario your bank is just going to be like "woops too bad".

edit: nm even thats outdated, a bank cannot go woops too bad, at least in the same way a bank cannot go woops too bad over fraudulent credit charges (as in they might still try and gently caress you, but its not legal to). At least within the time limits

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 2, 2014

• Locked thread