Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

quote:

Amber is a Boston-ish based college student/body positive blogger with an intense love for manatees and Carl Sagan. Her number one goal in life is to help young women combat unrealistic body image standards and empower themselves and one another. Her number two goal is to find out why her Hogwarts acceptance letter never got to her.

quote:

Adam Richman, a man who eats sandwiches professionally, was scheduled to eat some other things professionally today as part of a new show called Man Finds Food. That's no longer going to happen, because the Man vs. Food host started an Instagram flame war that culminated in his calling a woman a "oval office."

The Travel Channel "suddenly" announced this week that Man Finds Food would be postponed indefinitely, the Washington Post reports. Although the announcement didn't mention Richman's behavior on Instagram earlier this month, there's no other obvious reason the network would pull a new show starring one of its most successful hosts.

The shitstorm started when Richman, who has apparently won his ongoing battle vs. food, celebrated his dramatic weight loss with an Instagram pic.

"Had ordered this suit from a Saville Row tailor over a year ago. Think I'm gonna need to take it in a little…#Victory #EyesOnThePrize #AnythingIsPossible #fitness #transformation #thinspiration."

Richman apparently wasn't aware of the connotation "thinspiration" carries—it's so closely associated with eating disorders that Instagram shows a "content advisory" when you click on the hashtag.

When someone tried to explain that to him, he replied, "Do I look like I give a gently caress?"

Then this total meltdown happened, as captured by xoJane writer Amber Sarah, one of the women who called Richman out:

"Maybe you'll acknowledge that just because someone is on TV, they are no less worthy of human kindness, respect, forgiveness or patience…Give me a loving break," Richman wrote. "If anyone acts like a oval office I'll call them one. It's not misogyny, it's calling a spade a spade. Maybe you're the one being aggressive & unfair - and yes, if my use of the hashtag offended you, it was unintentional & for that I'm sorry."

Aside from the "oval office" comment, he also told other women who took issue with his use of #thinspiration to kill themselves, eat a bag of dicks, or just retroactively not be born. Seems like a pretty nice guy.

Although he said in the heat of the moment that "no apology is coming," he's changed his mind now that his show has been pulled.

"I've long struggled with my body image and have worked very hard to achieve a healthy weight. I'm incredibly sorry to everyone I've hurt," Richman said, in a statement to Good Morning America yesterday.

tl;dr: Guy who goes from super fat to a normal healthy weight uses the tag #thinspiration and she takes issue with the unrealistic body message that sends and when he doesn't apologize she sends her army of whales to attack him for his unrealistic body issues of not being a loving whale so he calls her a oval office and now she is playing the victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

i hope he learns to call the whale a whale next time

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
fuckin lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

quote:

Amber is a Boston-ish based college student/body positive blogger with an intense love for manatees and Carl Sagan

Oh come on, this can't be real, they're not even trying anymore. Too easy

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

once i asked a fat girl how she could survive on land because whales organs collapse when they get beached and it made her cry. lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

realtalk the guy from man vs food or w/e seems very cool and fat bitch idiots like this are ruining feminism, which is a Good Thing, for everyone

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don Tacorleone posted:

Oh come on, this can't be real, they're not even trying anymore. Too easy

She just wants people with manatees fursonas to have realistic body images of having no necks and blubber covered flippers instead of limbs.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 2, 2014

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
You're a fat oval office 3 Olives...You're a fat oval office. :sigh:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there was a brief period where i found sites like xojane credible and worthwhile and now all of those stupid fat retard sites make me mad

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What's with the no links dude. You're better than this.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
man who eats sandwiches professionally argues with obese whale lady over the internet, burn america to ashes

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

stuntwaffle posted:

man who eats sandwiches professionally argues with obese whale lady over the internet, burn america to ashes

professional fat vs recreational fat

both are cunts, but i like watching ppl get paid to ruin their lives so im a little conflicted

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I'm glad he didn't get the show, and hopefully he can take this opportunity to grow as a person.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

all those people who used to be fat but lost weight through discipline, diet and exercise? totally unrealistic. in fact, impossible. pretty sure they're all photoshops.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

PleasureKevin posted:

I'm glad he didn't get the show, and hopefully he can take this opportunity to grow as a person.

That Amber lady could be well advised to do less growing as a person.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

Fandyien posted:

there was a brief period where i found sites like xojane credible and worthwhile and now all of those stupid fat retard sites make me mad

how does it feel 2 have gbs trolls change ur mindset

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Reset Button posted:

how does it feel 2 have gbs trolls change ur mindset

yreah it was definitely this and not like years of sustained nonsense

Solstice
Mar 12, 2002

Non-violent for the entire family!
telling people to kill themselves can get you fired, who knew?

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?

Hobohemian posted:

That Amber lady could be well advised to do less growing as a person.

lol

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

its cool that people share the minutia of their lives with fat and insane online

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
fat people!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there's a couple girls like that on campus here taht stand around with signs about how fat they are and it's like hey, we know already.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
It's so zany to post how you love manatees in your blog. We instantly know she's quirky yet approachable

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

LifeSizePotato posted:

all those people who used to be fat but lost weight through discipline, diet and exercise? totally unrealistic. in fact, impossible. pretty sure they're all photoshops.

Look at that #unrealisticbodystandards #yesallwomen

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jneer posted:

It's so zany to post how you love manatees in your blog. We instantly know she's quirky yet approachable

she's approachable because the closer you get the harder it is to break orbit

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Amber Sarah, more like Amber Gris am I right?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Three Olives posted:

Look at that #unrealisticbodystandards #yesallwomen

is that him? he went from a chubby fun guy to someone who looks like they'd sodomize you in an alley

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
sounds like shes mad she got stuck with the wrong eating disorder

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Fandyien posted:

is that him? he went from a chubby fun guy to someone who looks like they'd sodomize you in an alley

That's the #thinspiration that offended her body standards.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

somehow that picture has eradicated my interest in watching that guy eat like a hundred wings and stuff

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Fats should be slaughtered and made into soap

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
fat people are beautiful on the inside

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

bullshit

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

I watched Dr. OZ once and he did a thing about being a fatty fat fat and showed the fatty organs of a fat person. It was gross as gently caress.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I'm a body positive blogger but if you ever dare to make positive changes to your body I'm coming for you fucker.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

Inside the fat there is a normal, possibly attractive healthy person yes

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

body positive blogger

lmao

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
more like XLJane

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

I'm a body positive blogger

Just stop here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Jesus Christ that woman is fat. How do you get that fat and think it's normal and/or not your fault?

• Locked thread