Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

I'm a body positive blogger but if you ever dare to make positive changes to your body I'm coming for you fucker.

I don't think we should be shamed by unrealistic body images of having necks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

#neckprivilege

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Show me on the doll where the fat lady touched you, Three Olives.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

PT6A posted:

Jesus Christ that woman is fat. How do you get that fat and think it's normal and/or not your fault?

mentally ill

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What is Fat Acceptance?: According to the Wikipedia page, Fat Acceptance is: ‘a grassroots effort to change societal attitudes towards fat, obese, and overweight people.’ That’s a good start, but of course there’s more. Fat Acceptance means different things to people but the common thread is more or less that EVERY body type is worthy of respect and basic human dignity. Fat activists fight for the normalization of fat bodies into mainstream society. It’s not saying that fat is better, it’s not demonizing being thing, it’s just the simple acknowledgment that fat bodies are here and they’re never going away, and that people in fat bodies are just that–people.

But isn’t that glorifying/encouraging obesity?: The entire concept of ‘glorifying obesity’ is utter crap. This is usually said when a picture of a happy fat person is seen. No one is glorifying or encouraging anything but refusing to hate your body no matter what it looks like. Even the parts that don’t work, even the parts you’d like to change. It’s being allowed to love and appreciate your body RIGHT NOW.

But being fat is unhealthy!: No. It’s not. Being unhealthy is unhealthy. But if you’re going to judge someone’s health by their BMI (which is a completely invalid measure of health) or how much space they take up on the subway, you’re completely missing the point. There’s a stigma in today’s society that all fat people lack self-control, don’t care about themselves, only eat fatty foods, and a bevy of other stereotypes. My blog serves to remind us all that these stereotypes do not encompass all fat bodies, and even if they did, that doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with fat people.

That’s bullshit. Don’t you watch the news? Obesity is linked to high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, (etc., etc., etc.): Well, the entire world believed the sun revolved around the earth for how many thousands of years? Just because you’ve heard something your entire life, or it seems like common sense, doesn’t make it true. Common sense is easy (and often wrong). Backing up common sense with valid research isn’t so easy.

There are many, many more factors involved in weight loss and weight gain than calories ingested vs. calories burned.

“If the government were to redefine normal weight as one that doesn’t increase the risk of death, then about 130 million of the 165 million American adults currently categorized as overweight and obese would be re-categorized as normal weight instead.“

Dieting doesn’t work. Study after study proves that 95% of dieting efforts fail, and a majority of those who try to lose weight end up weighing more than when they started.

The ‘obesity epidemic’ is blown way out of proportion. Obesity rates have stayed the same since the turn of the century. In some areas, obesity levels have actually gone down.

Smoking is much more likely to cause heart disease than being fat is.

Diabetes is caused by Insulin Resistance, which occurs in people of ALL sizes, not just fat people.
In fact, 75% of obese people will NEVER get Type 2 Diabetes.

Weight cycling (constantly dieting, gaining and losing weight over and over) is more dangerous than staying fat.

Obesity rates rise as income levels fall. So just suggesting ‘eat healthier’ or ‘join a gym’ simply isn’t reasonable or rational for many families who struggle to put food on the table

Focusing on health instead of weight is a much more successful and long-lasting route to better health than dieting.

What I celebrate more than anything is body autonomy. The importance of making people aware that it’s not okay to judge other people’s bodies. You cannot assume simply from looking at a person how healthy they are. Even if you could, it’s not your job, your place, or your right to comment or judge them on it. Every person owns a body, and they are completely entitled to do whatever they want with it. Unless they’re asking for your help, there is no need to comment.

Speaking of health, there are so many facets to healthy living, and physical health is only one part of the equation. Mental health, emotional health, spiritual health, those are just a few of the many parts of wellness that anyone needs. And it is up to every individual person to decide what that means for themselves!

Do you have to be fat to be involved in Fat Acceptance?: No! I think it’s important that people who aren’t fat include themselves in fat acceptance. I highly stress intersectionality, and fat bodies are a marginalized population. I think that ALL bodies are good bodies. Fat, skinny, tall, short, disabled, scars, cellulite, you name it. There’s no size requirements you have to be to agree that all bodies deserve respect. That being said, the quickest way to invalidate the struggle of one body type is to put down another body type. You will never see any of the ‘real women have curves’ or ‘she looks anorexic, she should eat a sandwich’ comments on this blog. ALL bodies are good bodies, ALL bodies deserve respect. There is NO WRONG WAY to have a body.

Are there any other resources you recommend for more information on Fat Acceptance?: Absolutely. Here are some of my favorites:

Health At Every Size
Dances with Fat
The Rotund
Kate Harding
The Fat Nutritionist
Two Whole Cakes
Fat!So?
Cheers!

Amber

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
God drat I really don't like her kind.

Like is there actually a mental illness that prevents you from putting down the fork?

If it's a physical illness then this just doesn't make sense. People who are diagnosed coeliac change their diet. People who are diagnosed diabetic change their diet. People who are diagnosed low-metabolism keep on trucking because :siren:ACCEPTANCE:siren:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I guess all the fat is strangling her brain. If she thinks being fat is healthy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Will he still get to do the grilling commercials for Walmart? :ohdear:

How will I know how to cook my burgers without him?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hobohemian posted:

That Amber lady could be well advised to do less growing as a person.

lol

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
i thought the gays were nice people

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Three Olives posted:

But being fat is unhealthy!: No. It’s not. Being unhealthy is unhealthy. But if you’re going to judge someone’s health by their BMI (which is a completely invalid measure of health) or how much space they take up on the subway, you’re completely missing the point. There’s a stigma in today’s society that all fat people lack self-control, don’t care about themselves, only eat fatty foods, and a bevy of other stereotypes. My blog serves to remind us all that these stereotypes do not encompass all fat bodies, and even if they did, that doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with fat people.

Bahahauahaahahuahuhuahaaha

Can we hook all fat people up to a Matrix-like people farm to harvest their body electricity or whatever.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
the fact that this fat sack of poo poo of a woman is eating herself to death makes me happy. she don't have many years left.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Three Olives posted:

What is Fat Acceptance?: According to the Wikipedia page, Fat Acceptance is: ‘a grassroots effort to change societal attitudes towards fat, obese, and overweight people.’ That’s a good start, but of course there’s more. Fat Acceptance means different things to people but the common thread is more or less that EVERY body type is worthy of respect and basic human dignity. Fat activists fight for the normalization of fat bodies into mainstream society. It’s not saying that fat is better, it’s not demonizing being thing, it’s just the simple acknowledgment that fat bodies are here and they’re never going away, and that people in fat bodies are just that–people.

But isn’t that glorifying/encouraging obesity?: The entire concept of ‘glorifying obesity’ is utter crap. This is usually said when a picture of a happy fat person is seen. No one is glorifying or encouraging anything but refusing to hate your body no matter what it looks like. Even the parts that don’t work, even the parts you’d like to change. It’s being allowed to love and appreciate your body RIGHT NOW.

That’s bullshit. Don’t you watch the news? Obesity is linked to high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, (etc., etc., etc.): Well, the entire world believed the sun revolved around the earth for how many thousands of years? Just because you’ve heard something your entire life, or it seems like common sense, doesn’t make it true. Common sense is easy (and often wrong). Backing up common sense with valid research isn’t so easy.

There are many, many more factors involved in weight loss and weight gain than calories ingested vs. calories burned.

“If the government were to redefine normal weight as one that doesn’t increase the risk of death, then about 130 million of the 165 million American adults currently categorized as overweight and obese would be re-categorized as normal weight instead.“

Dieting doesn’t work. Study after study proves that 95% of dieting efforts fail, and a majority of those who try to lose weight end up weighing more than when they started.

The ‘obesity epidemic’ is blown way out of proportion. Obesity rates have stayed the same since the turn of the century. In some areas, obesity levels have actually gone down.

Smoking is much more likely to cause heart disease than being fat is.

Diabetes is caused by Insulin Resistance, which occurs in people of ALL sizes, not just fat people.
In fact, 75% of obese people will NEVER get Type 2 Diabetes.

Weight cycling (constantly dieting, gaining and losing weight over and over) is more dangerous than staying fat.

Obesity rates rise as income levels fall. So just suggesting ‘eat healthier’ or ‘join a gym’ simply isn’t reasonable or rational for many families who struggle to put food on the table

Focusing on health instead of weight is a much more successful and long-lasting route to better health than dieting.

What I celebrate more than anything is body autonomy. The importance of making people aware that it’s not okay to judge other people’s bodies. You cannot assume simply from looking at a person how healthy they are. Even if you could, it’s not your job, your place, or your right to comment or judge them on it. Every person owns a body, and they are completely entitled to do whatever they want with it. Unless they’re asking for your help, there is no need to comment.

Speaking of health, there are so many facets to healthy living, and physical health is only one part of the equation. Mental health, emotional health, spiritual health, those are just a few of the many parts of wellness that anyone needs. And it is up to every individual person to decide what that means for themselves!

Do you have to be fat to be involved in Fat Acceptance?: No! I think it’s important that people who aren’t fat include themselves in fat acceptance. I highly stress intersectionality, and fat bodies are a marginalized population. I think that ALL bodies are good bodies. Fat, skinny, tall, short, disabled, scars, cellulite, you name it. There’s no size requirements you have to be to agree that all bodies deserve respect. That being said, the quickest way to invalidate the struggle of one body type is to put down another body type. You will never see any of the ‘real women have curves’ or ‘she looks anorexic, she should eat a sandwich’ comments on this blog. ALL bodies are good bodies, ALL bodies deserve respect. There is NO WRONG WAY to have a body.

Are there any other resources you recommend for more information on Fat Acceptance?: Absolutely. Here are some of my favorites:

Health At Every Size
Dances with Fat
The Rotund
Kate Harding
The Fat Nutritionist
Two Whole Cakes
Fat!So?
Cheers!

Amber

thats a lot of words for "people shouldn't shun me for my gluttonous excess". someone get this bitch a baby pool full of mud to wallow in

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Fandyien posted:

once i asked a fat girl how she could survive on land because whales organs collapse when they get beached and it made her cry. lol

Fallows posted:

sounds like shes mad she got stuck with the wrong eating disorder

Robo Reagan posted:

she's approachable because the closer you get the harder it is to break orbit

Hobohemian posted:

That Amber lady could be well advised to do less growing as a person.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
aahahahahahahaha

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/man-vs-food-host-adam-richman-in-hot-water-for-calling-critic-cnt-suggesting-she-kill-herself/

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
lmbo

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Those are some pretty sick burns.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

But fat people literally don't care about themselves.

I work with a dude so fat he can't walk six feet to the bathroom without sounding like he's having a heart attack. The piston in his chair that works the height adjustment has worn through the carpet and is currently grinding a trench into the concrete floor. His cankles stretch out the cuffs of his pants and literally spill over his shoes.

Everyday he starts his shift by opening a Mountains Dew, a bag of chips, and complaining about the fatties who are lucky they only have to lose 150 pounds.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i haven't read anything she's written but is she one of those "i'm just as healthy as that fitness model on the cover of self magazine" fat people

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I like that moment when I find my seat on a plane and some ultrafatty is in the next seat over and already raised the armrest between us like that's a thing that's going to happen.

Suck it in cause that poo poo is coming down

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

:drat:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Cthulu Carl posted:

But fat people literally don't care about themselves.

I work with a dude so fat he can't walk six feet to the bathroom without sounding like he's having a heart attack. The piston in his chair that works the height adjustment has worn through the carpet and is currently grinding a trench into the concrete floor. His cankles stretch out the cuffs of his pants and literally spill over his shoes.

Everyday he starts his shift by opening a Mountains Dew, a bag of chips, and complaining about the fatties who are lucky they only have to lose 150 pounds.

bully him incessantly as work please

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I remember the day this happened. The first time she messaged him about using "thinspiration", he totally ignored her and didn't bother to respond in any way. She felt entitled to a response, and was so offended at not getting one that she then recruited an army to start attacking him with abusive messages, only then did he start calling them names and telling them to slit their wrists. Adam Richman is a goober, but he's totally in the right in this instance.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

good

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
as a budding necromancer i find that re-animating fat skeletons is a mixed bag. their increased bone density lends them a +2 hp but their armor no longer fits them (chainmail hanging all willy-nilly lol) therefore there basic equipment is lacking.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BMI is completely invalid I'm as healthy as any thin person with your unrealistic ~standards of beauty~, when you really think about it I'm probably even healthier than them.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

You know that futurama episode where bender becomes human and just lets himself go?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

porkchop_express posted:

as a budding necromancer i find that re-animating fat skeletons is a mixed bag. their increased bone density lends them a +2 hp but their armor no longer fits them (chainmail hanging all willy-nilly lol) therefore there basic equipment is lacking.

Other way around fatties have lower bone density. The are literally golems made of fat a giant quivering mass of jello.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

porkchop_express posted:

fat skeletons would be brittle and have cartilig in their joints theyd just fall apart. what you need some small children

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

Three Olives posted:

The only time BMI does not work well as an indicator is if someone has an above normal muscle mass, so unless she's hiding killer lats under those bingo wings, the prognosis is not good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Three Olives posted:

BMI is completely invalid I'm as healthy as any thin person with your unrealistic ~standards of beauty~, when you really think about it I'm probably even healthier than them.

I'm her second gut aka FUPA

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three Olives posted:

why does she even bother with makeup and hair? like she thinks anyone is looking at anything thing else THAN LOOK AT THOSE FAT rear end KNEES

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
also I'm not surprised that's an xojane writer

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm her second gut aka FUPA

maybe she has a parasitic mutant twin there named kuato

QQQQQQUAID

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Inflated hipster ariel? These deviantart trends are getting ridiculous.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

Three Olives posted:

I bet she smells like rotten crotch butter and unwiped rear end in a top hat

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I'm all for people not being hassled for how they look, especially given today's unreasonable expectations in the media. Hell, I'm married to a chubby. But this? This is something else.

Also worth pointing out again that so many women don't understand the difference between curvy and fat.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man fat girls must love that having skirts pulled up to right under their boobs is a thing right now

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Her loving knees have thighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How do I send this guy fan mail?

• Locked thread