Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters

mcvey posted:

Pro tip: the community is a loving joke

see: what happened w/ flusha

Pro'er tip: every community has bad apples.

Flusha shouldn't be getting death threats, but he also shouldn't be making blanket statements about an entire community. I am indifferent to his "shady play style" since he's not VAC banned, but I am definitely against him painting everyone as a "loving joke."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Luna Was Here posted:

idk if u guys are playing on ancient computers or somethig but i could go home and play csgo at a solid 60 fps on my 3 year old laptop without any problems

Well, on any other server I'm hovering around 150-200fps depending on settings so I'm guessing that's not the issue at play.

Thanks guys, I'll try the -processheap thing.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Italy's Chicken posted:

Pro'er tip: every community has bad apples.

Flusha shouldn't be getting death threats, but he also shouldn't be making blanket statements about an entire community. I am indifferent to his "shady play style" since he's not VAC banned, but I am definitely against him painting everyone as a "loving joke."

This is a community that literally loves to poo poo all over games with DDoS attacks just so they can have new shiny things to look at in-game. This community loving stinks and I've been a part of it for about 15 years. There are bad apples, but I'd say those bad ones are infecting the whole bunch. More often than not when playing with random individuals they tend to be belligerent, arrogant asses that have no problem telling you to go gently caress your mother while flavoring it with racial epithets.

I know that these problems are not unique to the CS community, but it is certainly qualities that it has become known for.

EDIT: I'm watching CLG vs Liquid right now and NAF-FLY keeps getting DDoS'd out. The game has been paused for the better part of an hour now.

EDIT 2: lmao https://www.change.org/p/valve-and-all-cs-go-tournament-organizers-ban-sir-scoots-for-damaging-the-cs-go-community

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 9, 2015

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

trying to jack off posted:

the dunning-kruger effect

so this is why silvers are so silver?

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

wasn't he a goon and got banned for being a turd?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

RIP My skins, I bet on Team Liquid who had that game in the bag..

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

RIP My skins, I bet on Team Liquid who had that game in the bag..

You can thank the great CSGO community for those DDoS attacks! What a wonderful bastion of individuals we happen to share a common bond with, am I right?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Turk February posted:

You can thank the great CSGO community for those DDoS attacks! What a wonderful bastion of individuals we happen to share a common bond with, am I right?

CSGL didn't even cancel. good thing i only bet pennies I feel bad for anyone who had a real bet on liquid and i feel bad for liquid themselves.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
ESEA donated the remaining $ for Kabums trip to Poland. If they get put into an easy enough group they could maybe upset someone and make the playoffs.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Turk February posted:

Seriously, the Counter-Strike community has always been awful, and anybody who is a part of it and does not acknowledge that it is, well, I suggest they look up the definition for cognitive dissonance.

It's better than the league of legends community by miles.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Every community I'm part of is awesome. Every community I'm not part of is terrible. This is true for everyone.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Why are you idiots playing a video game for the community? Mute everyone that isn't a friend you queued with instantly and shoot the ememy in the face. Also, only watch LAN games and hide twitch chat.

You're welcome.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
http://www.twitch.tv/xenoith/c/6078408

First eco ace I've had in a long time, felt pretty good to spray retards down(MGEish rank)

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

VelociBacon posted:

It's better than the league of legends community by miles.

You know in all the time I played League rarely did I see people get called niggers and faggots. I guess CS players are more brave? Or inherently stuck in 1999?

Ps all game communities are poo poo because games are for children and the broken

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

CortezFantastic posted:

You know in all the time I played League rarely did I see people get called niggers and faggots. I guess CS players are more brave? Or inherently stuck in 1999?

Ps all game communities are poo poo because games are for children and the broken

I'm not sure if you're joking because most matches in league have rampant homophobia. If league had the option for voice comms it would be much worse than csgo imo.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

VelociBacon posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking because most matches in league have rampant homophobia. If league had the option for voice comms it would be much worse than csgo imo.

I'm not. I haven't played in forever but while it was a poo poo toxic community it was mostly just people raging out. They blocked most slurs and I guess kids are lazy

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I could live with racism, homophobia, cheating and match-fixing, but people who duck-spam , man those guys can gently caress right off.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The CS:GO community's pretty rough, but comparing it to the LOL community? Ehh, they've got a ways to go.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
High bar you guys are setting here

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
lol if you identify with any "video game community"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Now that missions got fixed i finally got some stuff done and so far the best thing i got was a factory new candy apple glock.
Now enjoying a relaxing 20 minute wait to play marquis/season

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385634872

doubt any of this is a real improvement for nuke (A site worse) but it looks pretty

I would definitely not mind giving this a shot on goon. I actually don't mind A site too much as it looks like it will help to balance out . The only gripe I have is the little raises on the ground that could be rough on movement.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

de_inferno_revamp
[changes]
- added gilded walkway from t spawn to behind newbox

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.
This has probably been posted before, but it's the first time I've seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3W0V5sWsZs

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

CSGO Lounge is a cesspool of scammers, not a single legit offer. Every single one has had a steamrep report opened against them in the last month. Reddit has actually produced two legit offers and only one scammer. Had two offers try to impersonate a middleman from reddit, and they did it badly, wrong profile picks and all their comments on their profile for + rep were from themselves. I guess people actually fall for this if they keep doing it.

I may end up holding onto the knife for a few months to see how rare it really is.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Alighieri posted:

I guess people actually fall for this if they keep doing it.

Yes they do

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647498&userid=208673

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Alighieri posted:

CSGO Lounge is a cesspool of scammers, not a single legit offer. Every single one has had a steamrep report opened against them in the last month. Reddit has actually produced two legit offers and only one scammer. Had two offers try to impersonate a middleman from reddit, and they did it badly, wrong profile picks and all their comments on their profile for + rep were from themselves. I guess people actually fall for this if they keep doing it.

I may end up holding onto the knife for a few months to see how rare it really is.

I have to say, the value will only go down. If you've had legit offers that seemed reasonable I guess I'd take them in your shoes.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

omg lol thats my roommate

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

omg lol thats my roommate

How much did you sell the knife you scammed off him for?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

This is so good

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Now taking nominations for vids to go in the next OP. You can post your own I don't care

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Necc0 posted:

Now taking nominations for vids to go in the next OP. You can post your own I don't care

nominating mr. pink memorial video for "i heard you guys are mean to newbies" section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMlUUdfq0U

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

real dilemma posted:

nominating mr. pink memorial video for "i heard you guys are mean to newbies" section

The best part is when he falls back into site, does a loop around the fountain and then pushes again.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
The best best part is that he cant even stay on the lip of the fountain as he goes around.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

real dilemma posted:

do we have a demo from the game he got banned from? I remember Lou banned him so I feel he would specifically remember because I want to see Lou get really mad at Pink

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Look up his last connection date on sub.io and find inferno games from that day?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

henne posted:

Look up his last connection date on sub.io and find inferno games from that day?

Then post it here so I can watch it too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

You know someone is truly horrible when they somehow manage to break Turk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699899 :ocelot:

:csgo: :csgo: :csgo:

• Locked thread