Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Buttmen brigade died due to rising costs of labor and inflation in the slim jim market

I don't feel like learning linux commands and poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shadowlz posted:

This is a good game for cool people.

but you aren't a cool person sooooooooo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus christ, Black Gold. I love maps that look like rejected concepts for CoD:Blops DLC and have bullet proof catwalks everywhere. Great selection! :thumbsup:

Also removing the tree boost from B on inferno is proof gaben hates fun.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Coleman posted:

You guys that have only played a game or two should post the name you play in game with so (the regulars) can know who you guys are, that way if there's something more constructive to elaborate on we/they can match name to tag.

Might be good to start a spreadsheet in Google docs or something to keep track of everyones names.

That way Shogunner doesn't embarrass himself with another meltdown over me slaying him at the end of a lovely match :unsmigghh:

Also, Insertion is entertaining as hell and is a cool twist on hostage maps. Black Gold is still horrendous.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

For example I legit think a cp_ style gamemode could work in CS but using dust2 to demo it was a huge mistake.

Day of Defeat-style maps would work perfectly and I wouldn't mind seeing someone do some kind of quick and dirty port of something like anzio or avalanche to show this.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

poor G.I. Jew getting stomped :smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

augustob posted:

This is pretty huge.

Valve please add a 10 Year Veteran coin so I can sell it to some teenager for an unreasonable sum who desperately wants e-cred

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mist is a legitimately horrendous map

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

I think down with slavery is right because his posts are really long and angry

you should probably not read them hth

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

set your graphics to EGA mode if you're getting low FPS

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

augustob posted:

Streamer the Deag League beat last night:

http://www.twitch.tv/callmehhawke/b/552015114

Deagin' starts at 52:45. The guys with japanese (?) characters in their names had just played us the previous match, that's why one of them asks the other if they should abandon or not.

:laffo: "I don't understand this! :saddowns:"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can we get a Google spreadsheet or something going with a directory of people's forum names and their Steam names because god drat keeping track of people messaging me and posting on here is too much for my brain sometimes

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

If my brain can't remember them they aren't worth remembering imo

wow loving rude dude, who died and made you a global elite?!?!?!?!!?!!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

Did you ever use a molotov you stupid motherfucker piece of poo poo?

can we make this the new thread title

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

astr0man posted:

Please don't use the buttmen/go:ons mumble for anything besides dota playing

buttmen/go:ons mumble is reserved for movie, food, and beer chat, please vacate

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

it's well known that dota players don't have souls, so that's pretty fitting

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

I'm waiting until a pro CS:GO streamer get's swatted and ends up getting shot at the same time "Terrorists Win.mp3" plays.

what if the cops rush in and the person is playing with speakers loud as gently caress and the first thing they hear is BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED and the police rush in and shoot the gently caress out of them

that would be pretty funny

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CS:GO is dead, long live UNO

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daeno posted:

lol get owned

the free market works

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

this is a terrible skin

this is a bad opinion, please apologize

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

this is art

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Vahakyla posted:

I play this game for the little things.

Games › Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - look at my ststs homo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I finished with a positive kdr and top-fragged for a long time on a game of nuke.

How the gently caress :psyduck:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Slumpy posted:

Yeah, but it's just for funny gimmicks really. I use to shoot the tec-9 with mousewheel, basically turns into an auto

pretty sure I did this a long time ago during a competitive match and right after the round began I meant to spin it really fast to cycle through my weapons but ended up shooting a dude in the back of the head and got kicked

worth it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:smug:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turk February posted:

Good ol' single green dot hasn't failed me yet.

cent's face makes the best crosshair

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pon de Bundy posted:

again let heisen show you how to use an ak

I have this as a tiled wallpaper on my work computer, tyvm

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

Just use a mac-10, there's no point in any other guns.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God drat I'm really liking most of the stuff on this, please be reading this gaben

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Alternate rifle for T's should be the AKS-74u

MP5 should be permanent with 1.6 sound effects

bring back kill command right now

Hire me Valve.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

down with slavery posted:

why would you ever use thunderbird

edit. that taskbar is like a museum exhibit of bad programs from 5 years ago

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please dont Excel shame?!?!?!!?!?!!?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

down with slavery posted:

Wow, I don't know how many of you remember what the stats page used to look like when CS:GO was just a baby but CS:GO is peaking at 215k players now that poo poo is insane. Between DotA2 and CS:GO they've got close to a million peak users, $$$$$$

http://www.steamcharts.com/app/730#1y

Playerbase has doubled since February

It's almost like people want more skill-based shooters :unsmith:

just kidding, this game is for dummies

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

counter strike is a pretty fun game with lots of stuff happening at once :)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

I think most of those should have been hits. You don't have to be completely stationary to hit a target 5ft away from you in GO deagle or not.

lol this is why I'm taking another break from CS, at least in loving Quake when I shoot someone they get hit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

There you go :)

thanks duder :)

(you get the idea though, my rockets don't loving vanish and I'm having way too much fun killing people in freeze tag)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pon de Bundy posted:

cant imagine why people dont want to play on the server that crashes after every map and the voting is all messed up. whoknew fix plz

this is why we all need to play quake, dad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

The Rail Is Real

A railgun-patterned awp would be loving amazing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jessie Tanner posted:

The saddest part regarding the hitbox issues is that it worked perfectly fine in 1.6. How do you go from something that works to this utterly broken mess?

I think it's along the lines of "something something goldsrc didnt have nearly as much :pcgaming: physics :pcgaming: poo poo happening at once that needed to be calculated"

also valve is bad at programming and everyone should continue to shame them and blame them every time they die in game

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pon de Bundy posted:

lol i've had enough of this, i'm opening a server later this year.

hosted in chicago.

the following people will be mods:

prost, face, and Mcvey and if youre a shitlord ur banned forever go play somehwere else kids

MORE DETAILS COMING WHEN I FIGURE IT OUT

turn off gravity, then change it to maximum in the middle of a match all day erry day :getin:

Heis we should name it the Albanian Aspartame Assault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:aaa:

• Locked thread