Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Wow do you people still play cs? Why don't you just move on to something good like Halo or BF4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

astr0man posted:

I for real installed dota 2 yesterday :v:

Would you like to play wow with me?

fe: sorry necco this thread isn't even a page old and I'm making GBS threads it up :v:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Coleman posted:

kcer is currently playing CS:GO, don't let him fool you.

Deagle is ridiculous. Went to make a video about 3 one shots I just got in a row but I gave up after recording it with fraps so just imagine it.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

That AK skin owns

e: infact I think it might be The Only Good AK.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Then don't do them and get the drops normally. As far as I know the items rewards drop normally too--at least, I got a mission reward which is just from the baggage collection.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Please pm me this guy's name, I have a bridge he might be interested in.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Let me tell you about dogecoins....

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
If map makers didn't take such joy in including as many corners, cubby-holes and obstructions, every new map would be received much more easily. I'd sooner see a new map with too little cover than too much, letting players get used to the layout in general without having to worry about a million angles.

Running into B on Valve's cbble is honestly some sort of joke. A CT could be in about 8 different spots before I even turn to the right.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

down with slavery posted:

Having lots of corners does not make a map complicated and fyi for you and kcer like half of those terrible corners in B aren't even accessible to the cts if the Terrorists move in an orderly fashion.

Even if the terrorists rush the CTs can still beat them to the platform, and that's before smokes and flashes. It's largely a moot point anyway because even without getting to the platform, you have the cover of that huge wall and the fountain to get into the back of the site, not to mention the numerous spots to use to the right of the door.

It's in a much better way than it was when it came out, though, mostly thanks to that window that drops you into connector.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Cuntpunch posted:

And again, it's all irrelevant because the two really-new-never-used-before maps are 100% in control of *either team* to ban out if they don't want to practice them. There is literally nothing to make anybody actually play Cobblestone & Overpass.

I was thinking about this earlier and I think if I were in those team I'd probs still ban the best map of whoever I'm playing and take a chance on the 3rd map lottery.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

pandaK posted:

Why don't people just go to Captain Invictus for real money trades? Does he not do those anymore? Or are you really that stingy enough that you abhor the thought of him taking a 15% cut?

Isn't the steam marketplace 15%. Who's this guy to want 15% too?

Apogee15 posted:

I know I wouldn't give someone a 15% cut. There are other better ways to make sure you don't get scammed.

Like what, out of curiosity? Certainly if I were that guy, and when it comes time I don't want mine, I'll just dump it on the market so I don't have to deal with scams.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Has anyone ever completed a transaction with a trusted middleman? How would a middleman that he suggests from your friends list ever be trusted by the other party? It makes no sense.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

VelociBacon posted:

What key specifically are you guys talking about buying as a way to not get hosed when trading?

I'd assume it's any key that valve sell, so long as their total meets what your price is.

The key is just a placeholder, if you like. It represents the money that otherwise can't be put into the trade. At least that's my understanding.

e: \/ sticker keys are £0.99 or something.

kcer fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 14, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Xenaero posted:

I just queue up for Nuke over and over until I'm forced to call the suicide prevention hotline.

Nuke owns and people just need to realise that taking A is easy

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

VelociBacon posted:

I mean it seems like you could buy ten of whatever is just under the top tier of rarity and roll for a super expensive skin. Is it just the knives that go for a ton in that top rarity class? I guess that must be the case or everyone would be doing it.

I'm not sure what it's like since they changed it, but when the contract was locked to map collections, what you'd see is that the skin above was worth 10 of the skin below.

I want to say there's probably a chance to make some steam bucks since they unlocked all the collections, but knowing the marketplace, I doubt it.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

rip slime

He's alive, I've spoken several words to the slime and can confirm he is NOT dead.

e: will not reveal the words

kcer fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 21, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

augustob posted:

Opening cases is essentially setting money on fire, just like (99% of) gambling. For evidence, sort the CS:GO community market by quantity and look at the top 5 most plentiful case-opened guns:

1) 7,411 Galil AR | Sandstorm FT
2) 5,609 Tec-9 | Sandstorm FT
3) 5,588 M249 | Magma FT
4) 5,296 PP-Bizon | Cobalt Halftone FT
5) 4,295 Five-SeveN | Kami MW

US$ 70,497.50 were spent unboxing these.

SEVENTY. THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

Well are you gonna tell us the 1% or what?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Increasing colour saturation makes models stands out more and absolutely will garner better results. What the gently caress is wrong with some of you? I swear you just deliberately pick the wrong answer so you can argue with people.

e: they literally had to ban an r_ command because it made player models too bright.

kcer fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jul 25, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Senethro posted:

Weird question: where do you guys look on your monitor? During my latest losing spree I caught myself not even looking at my crosshair but focused on my destination and path as if I was driving a car. I paid a bit more attention to the crosshair and trying to match it to enemy heads and suddenly I was reliably making shots again. It just got me wondering.

I thought about it a lot a while back, came to the same conclusion as you. My overall solution was just to make my crosshair stand out more, making it harder to gloss over it while I'm aiming.

A decent portion of it is crosshair placement though. If you're running around looking at the floor it's not going to matter how much you focus on your crosshair.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

bigis posted:

Is there a somewhere that has the CSGO matchmaking server IPs/hostnames? I want to block the Singapore servers in my firewall so that I get into Australian MM servers instead. I'm on the West coast so I get similar pings to Singapore and Sydney.

There's an option to define what the maximum ping you're willing to play with is.

e: I realised what you actually meant when I hit post so consider this a kcer's tip of the day instead.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

NiP winning is boring and sucks and bad

yeah but fnatic are fnatic

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

Probably the best in-game-leader ever tbh and he runs hltv.org. He was crazy good in 1.6 but I doubt he has 10 hours in GO.

He's actually none of this and is just a bitter shitlord who likes the attention he gets from being confrontational.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

MadBimber posted:

So what rank was he?

Silver 2 lol

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
That's why Necco is doing it so they'll have a similar skill level to relate to hoho oh boy

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

Train Is Good.

Train is the best map. Being good at train is the mark of a good player.

fe: well Nuke is the best map but Train is v good

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

i only buy the m4a1 and the ak47+armor because i'm an old school cs pro, am i doing it wrong?

yeah because you didn't buy the mp5, oh, sigh :(

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Generating income, what the gently caress are you on about

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Man vs Child posted:

aight gently caress you guys then

lmao post of the week

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

I AM BRAWW posted:

thank you kcer

got 'em :getin:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
His team mates were pretty bad to be fair

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
DotA 2 is better than CS:GO

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

rip csgo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I just randomly kicked a couple people to bring us back below 1000 members. My apologies to the randomly chosen Xenaero & mcvey.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

and after all those times we let you kill us in-game this is how you do us. I guess it's true what they say about Jordys, literal absolute scum of the earth. Could be worse though, you could be Irish.

Whoah!! It was random!!

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
120hz panels own but I guess I'm just a :pcgaming: retard???

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
CZ solution isn't very good. Outside of pistol round you never see anyone buy a 5-7, and no one ever buys a tec-9 (except Lou). A price increase of 200 isn't restrictive at all.

At least when you replaced the P250 you were denying the use of a genuinely good gun. Not that the 5-7 isn't good but it's never going to be picked over a P250 anyway.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

lol jesus christ is this a parody-remix?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
CTs will always buy armour 2nd round so buy a Galil as T. Ts won't necessarily always buy armour and you have the bonus of defending so you can buy an SMG if you want.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Love Stole the Day posted:

My aim is poo poo. Demonstration:

http://a.pomf.se/kgzomw.webm

I'm always a little bit off and I feel that this is my weakest thing. After watching this demonstration where I'm always just a little bit off each time... is it really still a sensitivity issue? Or am I just poo poo at this game.

No the headshot setting is just hard, especially if you don't have nospread on. Try 10R and lower the time targets are on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Love Stole the Day posted:

Here's another demonstration: http://a.pomf.se/dvdehs.webm (removed audio to make filesize lighter)

Looks fine to me. Keep practising.

You're never, ever going to able to consistently snap directly onto a guy's head no matter how much you practise, so imo it's better to work at reducing your reaction time and getting the muscle memory down for that size (10R) of target.

Try and track down your sensitivity and dpi and work it towards 2ish and 400dpi.

fe: muscle memory is lovely term and I hate using it

e: try with "weapon_accuracy_nospread 1" in console. Sometimes you'll be on a target but the weapon inaccuracy can make your shot miss.

kcer fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 10, 2014

• Locked thread