Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Yep, long season is long. July saw very few games because of that thing down in Brazil, but there was still some moving and shaking going on in the league. We had 2 rounds of Open Cup games, which some teams took more seriously than others. We had DPs coming and going, some to teams that don't even exist yet! A bunch of guys took a vacation to Brazil for some reason (although some of them got injured on the way there...sorry RSL), but they should be coming back soon, so maybe our teams will suck less (although mine hasn't had a problem :smugbird:)

We've got 2 games tonight, 5 games on the 4th of July (:911:) and 3 on Saturday. Fun fact: the 3 Saturday games feature the 3 Canadian teams. The hosts being Toronto (vs. DC), Vancouver (vs. Seattle)...and Chivas (vs. Montreal). Not sure if the league is trying to say that Chivas isn't a part of America, but one things for certain: I'm sure as poo poo not going to watch that game. Woof.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Houston is so bad this year.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
How in the hell are we only two points off a playoff place good lord

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Lamont Cranston posted:

How in the hell are we only two points off a playoff place good lord

it is pretty amazing

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Hungryjack posted:

Houston is so bad this year.

Leading the league in losses

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
We need more stats and graphs in our league.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I feel a little stupid asking since I thought I understood tables, but why is Chicago Fire #10 on the table if they have the better goal difference over Montreal?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tiebreakers:

1. Total number of wins
2. Goal Differential (GD)
3. Goals For (GF)
4. Fewest Disciplinary Points
5. Road Goals Differential
6. Road Goal For
7. Home Goals Differential
8. Home Goal For
9. Coin Toss (2 clubs) or Drawing of Lots (3 or more)

Chicago loses the first (3 vs. 2).

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I suck at reading comprehension it seems :downs:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Redczar posted:

I suck at reading comprehension it seems :downs:

Don't feel bad. Those were not the tiebreakers last year and they probably won't be the same next year. This poo poo changes a lot.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I haven't watched my chicago fire play in a while, but I looks like they're lighting up the league.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
This match is taking an awfully long time to get started.

EDIT: Does this feed look like poo poo for everyone, or is it just Comcast being terrible?

guppy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 3, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TSN feed looks fine.

And that probably should've been a PK for Chicago.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
First time watching a MLS match live; is it possible to swtich to the other sides feed? For example, this game started off on Toronto announcers; can you get Chicago announcers?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Unfortunately no, MLS Live only gives you one feed. That would be nice, but hey, $60.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

elbone

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Have fun with that Toronto.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

rip

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
*in shep messing voice* he'll feel that in the morning

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

i love the toronto commentators saying that he was hard done by that call hahaha

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

player without a number on the pitch, please cancel the result of this game

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

he doesn't have a name or number on his shirt because the wallop on the head caused him to get amnesia and lose his identity

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Azerban posted:

player without a number on the pitch, please cancel the result of this game

tentative nm

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Cool good job everyone

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Way to take advantage of being a man up Chicago :bravo:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Ahahaha

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

gently caress it just give out cards randomly i hope the next one is blue

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:siren: BICYCLE KICK QUOTA MET :siren: (right into Caldwell's face)

edit: Lovell Palmer, you are terrible

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 3, 2014

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

hmm chicago is looking a little bit like dog poo poo

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This kid

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I had to leave the game early because of a family problem. Do the Fire still look as terrible as they did in the first half?

Also, I don't know if you can tell on tv, but the weather is atrocious out there.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
They look better but Toronto really hasn't done anything til this series

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

1-1 is the final.

I am very, very unhappy with the team I support right now.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

It did at least feel like Toronto was actually a man down for the second half for all the good it did

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

i dont know the chicago roster but they have to have a guy that can start over lovell palmer

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Why didn't Klinsmann call up Shipp!!? :tinfoil:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

i dont know the chicago roster but they have to have a guy that can start over lovell palmer

I watch Palmer play and I can't think of how the Timbers were that bad. Then I realize how bad we were and sign a big sign of relief. Then I realize we are just as bad now and we don't have the excuse of having Palmer on the roster. I feel bad.

Go Chivas!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

GET hosed SAN JOSE!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

how does Lovell Palmer get signed to new teams he is awful
if I was as bad at my job as he is, I would literally be in jail.

~gently caress Palmer~

whypick1 posted:

GET hosed SAN JOSE!

THIS. gently caress San Jose forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

GET hosed SAN JOSE!

I agree with this.

But additionally, I'd like to know how it feels as a Seattle fan to watch Mauro do so well for Chivas day in and day out? I know he was injury plagued at Seattle, but he seems to have got better. He is playing really well with Torres even when the team loses. I kinda hope the timbers pick up Torres when chivas falls apart.

• Locked thread