Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
Album Title: Samsara
Band: Graveborn
URL: http://gravebornma.bandcamp.com
Genre: Melodic Death Metal/Deathcore

Hey y'all! My band put this album out about a month ago. It was composed by myself and another goon over the period of about a year. We had a free EP that we put out last January that got some pretty decent response around here. This is the first album I've ever managed to put out, so I'm pretty proud of myself and the result.

Guitars and bass were recorded by myself, drums were programmed since we didn't have a live drummer at the time. Vocals were recorded by fellow goon and co-composer The Dark Wind. He may not be able to be part of the live show past the summer since he's moving away, but he was an integral part of this album. I got to use my fancy custom 7 string for all the rhythm parts (which were done as DIs and re-amped by our engineer). Lyrically, it's a lot of fantastical monster imagery couched in some Buddhist philosophy, which I hope is a nice break from usual deathcore lyrics. It was a long process and certainly a learning experience for me. I'm already working on the next one that I want to put out!

When we showed the EP to people around here last time, people were pretty responsive so hopefully this gets a similar reaction! I'd love to hear some commentary on the composition specifically. Want to go slightly blacker/techier for the next release.

A few youtubes for quick plays if you're too lazy to click the above link and open another tab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkI28hsyePQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znW4Ttih5Yw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can't wait to listen to this. I still have your EP bookmarked and listened to it for the first time this year, about a month ago.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.

el B posted:

Can't wait to listen to this. I still have your EP bookmarked and listened to it for the first time this year, about a month ago.

Thanks! did you find us on here? I'd love to hear what you think between the two of them. We're already starting to write our 2nd album, so feedback from these two would help guide us.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, since goons loved our poo poo last time, y'all can get this poo poo 1/2 off if you give bandcamp the code "gravebros"

Gravybong fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 16, 2014

• Locked thread