Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Actually I'm down to pick 6 I just realized because my decision is already made for me, pending a crazy turn of events.

Edit: I've never done MFL before so I'm having some trouble. I assume it's QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, flex, K, DST?

Or 3WR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, it is supposed to be qb/2rb/2wr/1te/1flex but feel free to verify that and I'll fix it if it isn't.

Someone should sanity check my scoring settings too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I pick that guy who is about to score a TD.

Looking at the scoring on the league page, offense looks fine but defense only gets points for a shutout and a def. TD. Nothing else. Lineups are showing as 1 QB, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Nothing else.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
1.05 - Eddie Lacy

2nd year RB is risky but the kid is a monster and Rodgers will keep the box empty. Megatron is old, and I'm going to pass on Graham.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Looking at the scoring on the league page, offense looks fine but defense only gets points for a shutout and a def. TD. Nothing else. Lineups are showing as 1 QB, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Nothing else.

I see, the "Combined TE/WR/RB" slot didn't do what I intended and in fact wiped out all the other starting positions. welp.

I reset it and looked at the "HOWTO FLEX" page and I think its right now.

For defense I just went and opened the ESPN standard defensive scoring document here:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=scoring-settings-standard

And copied it. It seems more reasonable now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
1.06 - Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit

To me, there are a clear 4 RBs, then a big dropoff. Nestled nicely in that drop off are Calvin Johnson and Jimmy Graham. I almost took Graham here but I just love me some Megatron.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 3, 2014

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
By the way, the MFL Platinum app for iOS is awesome.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
As of 5:00 EDT today I'm going to be out of town for the holidays and it's going to be very tough for me to get access to a computer. Can we put a pause on the draft timer for the weekend? Maybe 5:00 PM EDT until Monday at 9:00 EDT? I might be able to draft using the iOS app keldegar mentioned if I'm in the minority here.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

keldegar posted:

1.03 - Purple Jesus

I believe in Norv and AP has home run capability every time he touches the ball. I think he catches more passes this year and does better than Forte.

AP should be a solid pick this year assuming more of his illegitimate kids don't die.

At 1.07, I'm taking Demaryius Thomas

I want an elite WR on my team, and out of the top three options (Don mega, Dez, and DT) he has the most competent of quarterbacks throwing to him.

I also think he could be WR1 by the end of the season. Dez's back and Calvin's health problems last year were shaky.

LmaoTheKid posted:

1.05 - Eddie Lacy

2nd year RB is risky but the kid is a monster and Rodgers will keep the box empty. Megatron is old, and I'm going to pass on Graham.

Would have taken Eddie if he was still on the board tho.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 3, 2014

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Zypher had his autodraft set up so it's my turn. (FYI he chose Dez Bryant.) He can post his picture when he logs on next time, but I want to go ahead and draft in the hopes that I can squeeze in my round two pick before I have to go AWOL this evening.

1.09 Jimmy Graham

I have no idea what it's like to not have to stress out about TE, so I'm excited to get a star in that slot. Here he is performing an :siren:illegal manuever:siren:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

1.10 - Brandon Marshall

just a gut call I guess, this draft spot sucks more than I expected. Was deciding between the last two great receivers there imo in AJ Green and BMarsh.. I just like Brandon's QB better than AJ's.

here's to both of us praying it works out

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
1.11 - LeVeon Bell

Eh, I think I kinda wish I could have this pick back. But whatever. 11th is a lame spot to draft in this year. RB's suck this year.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

89 posted:

1.11 - LeVeon Bell

Eh, I think I kinda wish I could have this pick back. But whatever. 11th is a lame spot to draft in this year. RB's suck this year.

I was just thinking the same thing...and yeah, I had 11 in the last slow draft and I never felt like I could make the right choices. Anything past 5 is gonna be tough unless some RBs start stepping up during training camps.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If I get stuck at the tail end of a 12 team draft I will seriously consider a QB which is something I never do. Too many drat unknowns at RB this year.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

timp posted:

As of 5:00 EDT today I'm going to be out of town for the holidays and it's going to be very tough for me to get access to a computer. Can we put a pause on the draft timer for the weekend? Maybe 5:00 PM EDT until Monday at 9:00 EDT? I might be able to draft using the iOS app keldegar mentioned if I'm in the minority here.

I still haven't turned on the timer. I'm fine with leaving it off for the holiday weekend.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

1.12 - Demarco Murray

I really didn't like what was left, so I took the guy who I think has the highest ceiling. For some reason I'm confident he's going to play at least 12 games this year and play them well, and I can see him being a top five back.

2.1 - Giovani Bernard

Here's a leap of confidence given I took him over Julio Jones, Montee Ball, Peyton Manning etc. but I really think this is gonna be his year and that when you're a bookend you take the best players on the board to you regardless of where you think they should go and thus get the best bang for your buck (because by ADP this is a reach). With two top RBs, I think my team is in a good place since WRs and QBs are super deep this year and I suspect TE is going to be as well.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Azhais posted:

I still haven't turned on the timer. I'm fine with leaving it off for the holiday weekend.

If you can, draft from the app. We can post pics and explanations later.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Varg posted:

1.10 - Brandon Marshall

just a gut call I guess, this draft spot sucks more than I expected. Was deciding between the last two great receivers there imo in AJ Green and BMarsh.. I just like Brandon's QB better than AJ's.

here's to both of us praying it works out

If it makes you feel better, Bmarsh has been a 1000+ yard receiver for 7 years in a row and double digit TDs in 3 of the last 4 years.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

keldegar posted:

If it makes you feel better, Bmarsh has been a 1000+ yard receiver for 7 years in a row and double digit TDs in 3 of the last 4 years.

I really like Marshall this year. Word is that Cutler has been working hard on his footwork and durability this off-season. He is out to prove his detractors wrong and show he is worth the contact he has. Will he? Who the hell knows but I like Marshall regardless since we know what he can do with an inconsistent Cutler who misses games every year. If that is Marshall's floor, then yes please.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

oh I'm well aware of Marshall's stats, I was just commenting more on hopefully not getting hosed on RBs later on :D

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Interesting how this draft is already more WR heavy than the previous mock.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Zypher posted:

Interesting how this draft is already more WR heavy than the previous mock.

that's a creepy pic. 89 is up

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Next up...Julio Jones

Maybe this is the year he's not made of glass? Matt Ryan statistically still had a great season last year, considering what dirt he was left to play with. If Julio is healthy, he'll be a top 5 if not top 3 WR.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

2.03 - Arian Foster

I feel like Arian's gonna be a big part of the offense again, while I have doubts that Lynch, Ball, Martin, and maybe Stacy too will be relied on as much this year as a workhorse back. If he stays healthy he could be really good again.

plus I just like his style.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Great pick. Think Foster will bounce back this year.

EDIT:

timp selects Neck Stacy at 2.04 based on pre-draft list

keldegar fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 4, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I was 99% sure I was gonna go WR-WR this draft, but I just couldn't pass up Skittles

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Gyshall selects Montee Ball, at 2.06 based on pre-draft rankings

oh wait...

Spoeank is on the clock!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Neat, we can queue up picks.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Neat, we can queue up picks.

Yep, but since I have the phone app i'd rather pick from what's available.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:barf: but I need a RB

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Well ok, Lacy/AJ Green? Sure, why not.

jabro, you're up

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Well ok, Lacy/AJ Green? Sure, why not.

jabro, you're up

What a steal dude.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It was hard passing on AJ Green. But, something tells me Andy Dalton is just gonna suck this year. More so than usual.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

89 posted:

It was hard passing on AJ Green. But, something tells me Andy Dalton is just gonna suck this year. More so than usual.

They are gonna run a lot but AJ Green is still amazing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I didn't trust AJ or Julio to do what they'd need to do to be worth it at 2.1, honestly.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I do not like any of the next 10 RBs up at this draft position and of the WRs left, I only like 1 around this pick but he is a second year player and this isn't keeper or dynasty. Lets go QB!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

jabro posted:

I do not like any of the next 10 RBs up at this draft position and of the WRs left, I only like 1 around this pick but he is a second year player and this isn't keeper or dynasty. Lets go QB!

I like this image/av combo, good job!

E:

keldegar posted:

What a steal dude.
I was shocked that I got him there.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 4, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

LmaoTheKid posted:

I like this image/av combo, good job!

I was honestly going Discount Double Check here but I saw that picture and it was like a voice from the Heavens speaking to me. If you get an omen you go with it. Of course, he is old and has a bad neck so this could turn into a burning bush. But I guess that is better than seeing the Singing Bush and being the Invisible Swordsman.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

I was shocked that I got him there.

If I had known he would have been around, I would have definitely sprung for a first round RB instead of Megatron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

at 2.10 I select Jordy Nelson

Who had the highest qbr when thrown to of all qb wr duos? Jordy and Rodgers. Who was the #1 fantasy WR before Rodgers got hurt ?

Love him here in the second round, top 5 and in my top tier.

• Locked thread