Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

i have tinnitus so i have to sleep with some kind of white noise* or else ill go berserk and kill a bunch of people :greencube:

*DONT SAY THE WHITE NOISE IS MY POSTING!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the white noise is your life in this unending cosmos

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

jackyl posted:

I'm 38 and can still hear fine after a shitton of concerts???!

i'm sure most pro football players aren't 100% vegetables after their career is over but i still wouldn't want to play football if my career depended on my intelligence

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

Yivgev posted:

i have tinnitus so i have to sleep with some kind of white noise* or else ill go berserk and kill a bunch of people :greencube:

*DONT SAY THE WHITE NOISE IS MY POSTING!!!!

No, that's brown noise :henget:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Hobohemian posted:

I have never seen someone other than the actual musicians wear earplugs at a concert. Maybe I just don't listen to the same music as you pussy rear end bitches that can't handle loud noise.

iadwtp

no same person ever posted:

hm yes I am at a concert and I don't want to hear anything because I am an idiot and need to save my hearing for anime

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

since conservatives seem to be such big fans of unnecessary bodily injury i propose we help them out and shoot them all

edit: while wearing proper hearing protection, that is

execute all conservatives, that's all im sayin. if you don't want to wear earplugs to the execution that's cool i guess

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

super mario batali posted:

No, that's brown noise :henget:

n-...no... :negative:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

LifeSizePotato posted:

i don't really believe that, but either way, it's just an objective fact that not wearing earplugs at concerts is a stupid thing for stupid people

You wear earplugs to concerts lol

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

You can get some nice earplugs for like ten bucks. lowers everything equally, same frequency response but quieter.

I got important poo poo to do with my ears, I'm not throwing that away cause of how some cocksucker turned up the PA

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

jackyl posted:

you don't lmbo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

bubububut what if the other guys make fun of me?!?!

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
around here it's not so much the sirens but the new horns on some of the firetrucks, they're absolutely insane and probably could cause some actual damage in certain circumstances

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

If you're next to the speakers in a small venue, they are nice. I've already lost enough of my hearing.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
chicks dig dudes who are into hearing conservation

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Full Metal Jackass posted:

chicks dig dudes who are into hearing conservation

WHAT?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

I SAID CHICKS DIG DUDES WHO ARE INTO HEARING CONSERVATION.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i guess heron conservation is a good thing, i don't know

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I SAID CHICKS DIG DUDES WHO ARE INTO HEARING CONSERVATION.

HICKS SIG DUDES WHO ARE IN TO CONVERSION?

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

LifeSizePotato posted:

i guess heron conservation is a good thing, i don't know

CAW CAW CAW

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Ball Cupper posted:

I wear three plugs

This is great, thankyou

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

hehe

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Go for broke, wear earplugs to classical concerts. To your daughter's piano recitals. Wear them loving everywhere, is what I'm saying

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

The Tao Jones posted:

Go for broke, wear earplugs to classical concerts. To your daughter's piano recitals. Wear them loving everywhere, is what I'm saying

Never leave the house. You could be hit by a car or mugged by a minority. Never do anything that resembles risk whatsoever. Never swim in the ocean. Never play any sports. Never go hiking or skiing or any outdoor activity. Posting. Only posting is truly safe.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If you don't buy one of those helmets that holds beer cans in it, strap it to your head with air horns where the cans go, with the air horns rigged to go off non-stop 24/7, then you are a literal infant & may as well just roll over in your crib & suffocate to death.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Trixie Hardcore posted:

If you don't buy one of those helmets that holds beer cans in it, strap it to your head with air horns where the cans go, with the air horns rigged to go off non-stop 24/7, then you are a literal infant & may as well just roll over in your crib & suffocate to death.

Tofuslob
Jul 9, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

Never leave the house. You could be hit by a car or mugged by a minority. Never do anything that resembles risk whatsoever. Never swim in the ocean. Never play any sports. Never go hiking or skiing or any outdoor activity. Posting. Only posting is truly safe.

*chokes to death on a cheeto*

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Has anyone got that clip of TOUGH AMERICAN DOOMSDAY PREPPERS who fire a gun without ear protection and one of them has a bit of a cry and a lie down until his mother comes to pick him up and take him home?

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Little kids who flinch when automatic rifles are firing off in their direction, what a bunch of kinderbitches.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSizePotato posted:

the white noise is your life in this unending cosmos

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm a Vietnam loving Veteran I've heard the Vietcong fart louder than that

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm a Vietnam loving Veteran I've heard the Vietcong fart louder than that

goddamn right. some loving pansy who gets his check being a wellness coordinator or somesuch doesn't know the first thing. MAN UP. THE NOISE IS LOUD? loving TAKE IT.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Drunk & Ugly posted:

actually (some?) audio engineering schools in europe pretty much point this out and talk about how its a huge problem in america and other places and how its retarded.

there's no loving need for half the speakers you see either, the volume and overkill literally does nothing but injure ears and look impressive

Legal limit for concerts is just 103 dB here (though it is frequently exceeded). Even 103 dB is probably not a good idea for several hours at a time.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One day I forgot my earplugs for an indoor concert so I crammed some toilet paper in there and had to have a doctor remove it a few days later when some bits didn't come out and my ear got infected.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

logical phalluses posted:

concerts arent more enjoyable with earplugs. anyone who says that is a dweeb. plus arguably there are performances of music where the volume is as important to the experience of the work as any other aspect of the sound.

i have crushing tinnitus.

the performers you watch are all wearing earplugs an laughing at you

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking
even though it's dumb not to cover your ears when a firetruck siren blares, there is no way to do it without looking like a bit of a pussy. This is a the cross we must bear.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
gently caress you I enjoy my hearing.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
lol if your hearing wasn't already ruined from shooting guns and mowing ur dads lawn by the age of 12

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Morkyz posted:

lol if your hearing wasn't already ruined from shooting guns and mowing ur dads lawn by the age of 12

use a silencer or enjoy your tinnitis plebe

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

really though are firemen that insecure that they have to draw so much attention to themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010
I'm deaf so I don't here a god drat thing! Hahaha.

• Locked thread