Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i think children are just a lot more sensitive to things like that, i was too (not a :spergin:) and just grew out of it...i dont really see many grown adults doing this though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ive used a fancy set of etymotic ear plugs for the past six months for concerts and now i dont see why other people who enjoy seeing live music dont own a set of these...you can always just not wear them if they are not needed or pull them out when ur favorite song gets played. but why would you sacrifice some of ur ability to hear (especially later in life) for a lovely opening band playing too loud or if you happen to arrive late and ur forced to stand directly in front of the speakers?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

logical phalluses posted:

concerts arent more enjoyable with earplugs. anyone who says that is a dweeb. plus arguably there are performances of music where the volume is as important to the experience of the work as any other aspect of the sound.

i have crushing tinnitus.

even with nice earplugs i still agree with you that the best sound is with no hearing protection, but doing that 100% of the time isnt worth the consequences - and im sure cheap disposable ear plugs completely ruin the sound...when i saw my bloody valentine (loud) a few months ago i just put them in for 3-5 mins to give my ears a break every 8-10 mins and had no ringing/temporary deafness at all after leaving like i typically would in the past after an indoor show w/ no plugs on.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

hehe

• Locked thread