Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I wanted to like this movie. I'll settle for I didn't hate it, but I'm fine with never watching it again. It sucks to admit to myself, but as I get older, I'm growing less tolerant of that kind of over-the-top OH WHAAAAT ALL THOSE DUDES HAVE NIGHTVISION AND HATCHETS OH SHITTTTTT mentality that used to give me big cinema boners when I was literally in college for film. Stuff like that can look cool, but it can also really pull you out of what's going on because just what in the gently caress.

Why were the hatchet dudes, like, gutting fish too? Ugh sometimes Asian cinema just makes me go cross-eyed. I can't quit it though.

I like the idea that the perfect mechanism of the Engine, where everyone has a place in the design, apparently contains room for 75 hatchet-wielding fish-gutters. No wonder everything else is so out of whack, that's a lot of protein bars to come up with every week right there.

edit: also, other people I was watching with seemed to enjoy the shootout scene as the train went around that huge curve at one point, but I found that whole segment to be really silly. Not even accounting for the speed of the train itself, outside is supposed to be so cold it will freeze your arm off and kill you 100 feet from the tracks, but like, I guess Captain America and Gay Murderous Guy Who Seems To Have A Vendetta Because His "Roommate" Got Killed are sniper-elite crackshots who can account for impossible blizzard winds and the Coriolis effect on the fly, drilling the same spot they're aiming at over and over again.

AwkwardKnob fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Makes me wonder just how the hell people rushed the train and rioted to get onboard in the first place, considering the whole point of the train was that it was supposed to be self-sufficient and like, never stop for any reason. Look at the way it plows through huge chunks of iced-over track. That train was definitely not stopped by a mob of desperate people.

• Locked thread