Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
My friend invited me to this movie and having never heard about it I went to rottentomatoes and didn't see it on the main page but a search brought up a 94%. I glossed over the reviews - what the hell this movie seems almost PERFECT according to the critics.

I did not like this movie. I kept yawning as it really was boring since it would be like "long action scene" and then "here is a bunch of talking about the way things used to be" ... oh here is a scene where we don't explain a bunch of poo poo that just happened or is going to happen. A lot of the sub plots the kids were like oh big fuckin deal and pretty obvious.

I think a lot of it had to do with where they were. They got the entire drat world around them and they just hang out on this train (yes, I get it that is the plot but I would hve liked something to come from the snow is melting comment). I don't even know what the gate opening guy was talking about when he told Curtis that he doesn't want to get him hyped up, and of course they never explained it. A lot of dumb things and dumb characters. I guess I just don't like over the top characters like the yellow lady or the one gross lady ... she was just annoying, and overly loud. Is the korean movie really good? How can this movie have a 94% it was really kinda boring.

I guess I have played too much Metro 2033 and other type of games where a bunch of dirty fucks are staging a revolution in a decrepit boring rear end quarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Megasabin posted:

Doesn't matter. That's not supported by the text. The only thing that matters is what he showed on the screen, and the film left it ambiguous.

I think they make it pretty clear what happened. I kind of am glad to read that is how the director planned it as well.

Even though I didn't particularly like this movie I still am thinking about it.

How does the french comic end?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Kestral posted:

Just how graphically violent is Snowpiercer? I'm intrigued by what I've heard and not averse to some shootouts and brawling, but explicit gore and torture can ruin a movie for me.

There is nothing shocking they cut away and most deaths are like "yeah, saw that coming". The majority of the deaths are actually kinda boring and you just click a counter for another dead body. Most of the action scenes have something over the top and dumb so it never feels visceral.

• Locked thread