Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Great_Gerbil posted:

Were there issues with the way intelligence was shared and gathered? Yes. Could 9/11 have been prevented? Probably not. Could the Bush Administration have ordered a more focused investigation? Yeah. Yeah they could have.

I thought you came off pretty well in that Errol Morris documentary, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pope Guilty posted:

Where the hell did he get off to, anyway?

At some point, he sat back in Kafka-esqe horror as the actual opinions on this forum became worse than anything his masterful trolling experience could come up with, and he was never heard from again.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

I thought you came off pretty well in that Errol Morris documentary, by the way.

:golfclap:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chokes McGee posted:

At some point, he sat back in Kafka-esqe horror as the actual opinions on this forum became worse than anything his masterful trolling experience could come up with, and he was never heard from again.

I like to think he quietly passed away during the middle of the night and his last moments were filled with silent, paralytic agony, shot through with apocalyptic regret for never having experienced the alabaster right-wing utopia the people on TV and radio and internet comment sections have been hailing as "just after the next election" for 30 years where he's free to murder minorities on his doorstep for ringing his doorbell.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

FAUXTON posted:

I like to think he quietly passed away during the middle of the night and his last moments were filled with silent, paralytic agony, shot through with apocalyptic regret for never having experienced the alabaster right-wing utopia the people on TV and radio and internet comment sections have been hailing as "just after the next election" for 30 years where he's free to murder minorities on his doorstep for ringing his doorbell.

It's not nice to single out Amergin, no one likes the Mormon missionaries.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cheekio posted:

It's not nice to single out Amergin, no one likes the Mormon missionaries.

Why should he get special privileges?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

drat.

Also, people, Amergin was just posting, like, days ago. Maybe they have a life?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Chantilly Say posted:

drat.

The more reasonable assumption in the case of The Goon is that the poster died.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cheekio posted:

edit: didn't actually contribute to the conversation.

Never stopped anyone else.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Amergin has been hired as a writer for National Review.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I just want to say that McDowell's new avatar really _adds_ to that last post. It's flinching in terror, you know?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

McDowell posted:

Amergin has been hired as a writer for National Review.

A lot of conservative pundits follow the same trajectory.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Chantilly Say posted:

drat.

Occam's Razor suggests otherwise.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I missed a couple days of this thread but I feel as though I've been here in spirit :allears:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

SedanChair posted:

I missed a couple days of this thread but I feel as though I've been here in spirit :allears:

How does it feel to lose a monopoly through neglect?

e: impeach fried chicken is still the best August title bar none

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When Rand Paul sees them talking he hightails off to somewhere else in the middle of a sandwich bite

The video and gif are hilarious, Paul dodges that situation quicker than Bush dodging a thrown shoe. He reacts so quickly it's like someone set off a firecracker under his rear end, his whole body language is "this is a nice sandwich HEYOOOH NOTHING GOOD CAME COME OF THIS GOODBYE I'M GONE".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655889

EDIT:

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

How does it feel to lose a monopoly through neglect?

e: impeach fried chicken is still the best August title bar none

Dammit, should have checked here for titles first.

• Locked thread