Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Officers don't want dead men on their records, plus it sucks over there in Iraq, the locals hate you. and just stare at you, afraid to move and give you a reason to shoot(in their perspective).

And there are amputees everywhere, wtf, what human wants to stay there? It's not your money is it?

This already went in the win column for you.

vv Just saying, only people who can't understand the misery of war can fail to see why it's not healthy for the mind to be there; especially when you can pay some already broken ones.

Femur fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Magres posted:

Is the idea that by presenting a diet that actually has a reasonable core set of instructions (ala the 'eat lean meat and veggies' paleo stuff) with a bunch of extraneous details (in the case of paleo the 'caveman' bullshit) you can get people to bite more easily? It would certainly explain why people love fad diets that generally don't work (well, this and the fact that a lot of fad crash diets promise to make you drop like 15 pounds in a week and a half) instead of actual working "EAT HEALTHY GOD DAMNIT" diets that a doctor will tell you?

I believe it is the same mental process as in getting "free" thing.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Why do we want so much corn? I thought corn was harsh on the soil?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Then Capitalism took over.. that makes much more sense. My parents live close to a lot of corn fields, it is impressive, the effeminacy of the whole thing.

You can get corn 10 for a dollar!

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Well, when a flower is ready, it opens up and displays its prize, then a giant machine drives it over.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
sorry.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
It is fragmented because it is huge, rich. America will be divided up too in a few centuries. Families/tribes eventually get rich enough to give a gently caress off to DC, taxation is theft after all.

To expand, what happens is you squeeze your people dry, now there are only rich to take from. Well, those super rich got that way due to heavy bribery.. so can you trust the loyalty of your corrupt court?

Femur fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 21, 2014

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I don't know how charlatans are still able to hock useless pills and tonics. I don't think anyone cares enough to say no.

Let's follow the money in your question. Who are the mediators usually? Isn't it a joke?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Hedera Helix posted:

Isn't the actual day-to-day experience of being a politician centered around fundraising? Why would anyone ever want to put themself through that?

Because our government is weak by design; due to fracturing, there is no real power. This a false dichotomy of course because a legitimate government by definition has complete control, and absolute power. We have exerted this absolute power at times of need.

Anyways, the only value in personally going through the sideshow called politics is because it is a ticket to the country club. It is a sign of legitimacy. It's for the useless scions that you know will be a black hole, so you buy him some titles and such so he is not destructive, and add to your brand and claim. Judges and politicians are welcome everywhere, tickets to a claim. ancient hinese saw this too, the civil services exam was a great boon initially

Maybe it's just my world view because Imperial China is interesting to me. US politics by is completely useless, you guys got an official rank that "whip" a choice :bang: This weakness is good and by design through.

It seems the best thing possible is to limit the damage and let luck handle the rest. Term limit and harsh and enforced estate tax is needed and is achievable in any future populist movement. I don't know long we can keep the rest of the world as 2nd class citizens. The military is 60%+ of our budget, we got death drones now. Such feats of engineering are used on goat herders, talk about building a better mousetrap .

The IRS should get the NSA's budget and clout. It's not like they get to keep it.

Femur fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 4, 2014

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

At first I misread your mispelling as a reference to Sinuhe. And then I got to the part about term limits: Have you ever worked in state politics in a state with term limits, and a state without? If anything, term limits are one of the most centralizing and concentrating means of enforcing partisanship.

I've heard that, and really, I just want to make the position one that is attainable for more. giving an idealist a chance within their lifetime. Wouldn't it be great if former politicians commonly walk amongst us and tell us their experience? I believe it a numbers game, increase the possibility of connection, and accountability.

I am not that well read, so that was just my opinion. The Estate tax I believe to be fact. Taxes has to be collected, they should get all personal info. As long as it is funded heavily, and tied to metric with a little lag, and transparency, I see no problems?

Man cannot beat the immortality of numbers, and it's bullshit we gotta carry around their memory.

Femur fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 4, 2014

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

So what you do is this: Since corporations are not people, and only people can die, you put all your money in a Family Trust. You may pay some accounting fees, and when you structure it right, you'll just use the trust's credit card for anything and wire money directly from it to various campaigns [with the added benefit of attribution to any member of the trust, no matter its actual governing structure]. In effect, you've just limited the ability of wealth to be passed down intergenerationally between the middle class.

Former politicians do walk among us. That's why we have elections, to hold the real shitheads accountable and feel like we have buy-in. What works better is to broaden the base of individuals with buy-in, so long as the positions meet the following requirements to avoid the collosal motherfuck of a corrupt system that is Chinese politics:

1. Elected positions should pay an above-average salary, with generously defined benefits and lifetime pensions

2. No matter what, always pay the civil servants. Always, always, pay them on-time, on-schedule, direct-deposit, and never, ever, with red envelopes.

Whatever the current situation is, giving the IRS power will change the dynamic. They are like beggars now, no respect really. Tax law is not a firm thing, Things can be argued if resources were put forth.

Your situation , how are shares and ownership transferred? The records are there, you NSA level review this case. There has to be an exchange somewhere. I don't care about cost of living x100 per child or whatever. Be generous on the exception, I don't care.

The IRS is being humiliated right now for doing her job.

And I believe we are saying the same thing in increasing the base. A change like yours probably requires a bigger revolution than what I feel is attainable immediately. Increase everyone's pay!

Femur fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 4, 2014

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I simply mean revolution in thinking. Everyone universally feared and hate the taxman.

Through I imagine the world economy will have collapsed before my future, so that will not matter.

The records are all there, and you just can just take it after death.

Femur fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

Take what after death? The trust never dies; its a self-governing body which elects its own board of governance, and all of this in public records if you know where to look.

If you're saying, 'appropriate the assets after death,' that is creating a systemic incentive to destroy self-governing bodies, or even people, for their assets. Eventually that incentive cauzed a Rubicon moment and the whole house comes crashing down.

E: And no need to be too jaded, the world economy will certainly look different 'in your time,' and difference should be embraced, nurtured, and have its strengths incorporated into stakeholders of an adaptive, self-governing system.

The estate tax is appropriation isn't it? The government doesn't need control, but must get back equal value in for the recognition of the new name on checks. All I wish is for getting the people's fair share. Perhaps sales taxes and other regressive taxes can be removed with the new income.

I do not believe the past should weigh you down, and is a spiritual foundation only, and refreshes are fine. I don't know why one man would destroy another, the offspring will keep nothing in the end. I understand the current ways things are, it is great for us, but it's not great for everyone else. Any changes will will affect a tiny numbers. You want your current citizen to have a bigger stake in their future, with strong regulations from well paid civil, discuss it. In the past, this meant violence, but we are docile now and what we learn will always be recorded.

We will still make things people want, so the dollar is what it is.

Through I do concede your point, this will never happen, and the risk in instability is great. I do not desire a change of masters, only a higher fee for the rights.

Femur fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 4, 2014

• Locked thread