Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

vyst posted:

is this the fat is beautiful thread?

This is the "down south you ain't get laid after leaving bar at 2am and are lookin to kick it with some authentic white trash and some mothafucka hood rats too" thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

vyst posted:

I go to Perkins for my late night meals.

our perkins has a security guard dont' be so sanctimonious

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The only time I was in a waffle house was in 1996 when I saw phish at Hamptom colisuem and took 4 hits of acid and went to Waffle House and I can't believe I made it through the experience the staff was remarkable at like 3 am - the restaurant was absolutely disgusting with water coming our of the bathroom and the glasses were dirty and I dont even remember the food - and I drew this fantastic triptych on the back of a napkin with a ball point pen that represented birth, life and decay in the modern context. But I lost that napkin sadly. Then I drove 5 people back to Washington DC while tripping and somehow lived.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
large (that is the medium size) hash browns all the way. the waitress asks if you want chili or gravy, you say yes.

it's a goddamn guaranteed hangover cure, if you can survive it. don't waste it on your garden variety headache. this is the nuclear option. save it for the 'just got divorced' or 'my seeing eye dog died' style drinking binges.

also gently caress all you haters waffle house best house

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
waffle house: it's a fun place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx21Fv12UDk

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

TOO MANY RULES

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

This rich kid from highschool (but otherwise kinda rednecky) ended up working at waffle house after college at their corporate office and now he's like manager of brand exposure or some other made up corporate title. Needless to say, he rolling in that hash brown money.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

And I live in that 'Burj Dubai' looking area of the map in the OP :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I straight up want chicken and waffles right now

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
This thread needs more chili cheese hashbrowns

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

nah tho

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElGroucho posted:

how the gently caress is this food.

burn the south to the ground, sherman was right

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I honestly feel bad for people that don't have a shitton of 24hr burrito places and are forced to eat poo poo food from some dumb Denney's or a waffle house at 4 am. Your lives must just be terrible. You should move. You idiots in Arizona need be especially ashamed because you actually do have those and you choose not to eat there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

I honestly feel bad for people that don't have a shitton of 24hr burrito places and are forced to eat poo poo food from some dumb Denney's or a waffle house at 4 am. Your lives must just be terrible. You should move. You idiots in Arizona need be especially ashamed because you actually do have those and you choose not to eat there.
do you live in L.A. or San Francisco or San Juan, Puerto Rico or something

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

Burritos, spoken like another Californian. Unless those burritos are from mother loving Burritos Cristosomo, stick that burrito in your poop-hole buddy

This is drunk food country :wafflehouse: :fsmug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

taqueria el taco loco in the inner mission is my jawn

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

Come on man, the meat they use for burritos is mostly horse assholes

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

ElGroucho posted:

Thats absolutely disgusting, and it smells like poo poo too. One of the guys I knew when I was in Augusta ate that once.

Once.

Glass sheet the entire south.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Pour your frozen potato bits on the grill.
Add a ladle of yellow grease.
Slice of american cheese.
Jalapenos from a can.
Add a mess of chili on top. (the chili is actually pretty tasty, though)

This is what Southerners think of when they think of fine breakfast food. I am not lying they actually believe this is the best breakfast around. Waffle Houses are packed with families every weekend morning.

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012

The Dregs posted:

Pour your frozen potato bits on the grill.
Add a ladle of yellow grease.
Slice of american cheese.
Jalapenos from a can.
Add a mess of chili on top. (the chili is actually pretty tasty, though)

This is what Southerners think of when they think of fine breakfast food. I am not lying they actually believe this is the best breakfast around. Waffle Houses are packed with families every weekend morning.

yeah that slop is delicious, are you done with yours?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Iron Crowned posted:

You ever had Waffle House pussy?

yes actually

wait, an employee or another patron

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
You should stick to the breakfast menu and not commit armed robbery there, but it looks like we're mostly in agreement on these points.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Order hash browns with everything on it.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
if you don't like waffle house then go back to communist russia or china or whatever african shithole gently caress you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Where's the most north-eastern Waffle House?

Are they pussies like Krispy Kreme and don't dare spread to the North?

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

redshirt posted:

It's not that the chain is made up of pussies, it's that the north is full of sissies who can't handle stumbling into a restaurant at 4am in a haze

edit: I have NEVER been to waffle house sober, and the food there owns

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Dregs posted:

Waffle House is pretty disappointing if you grew up in an area with decent food. Southerners just don't know any better and will defend it to the death. Their signature hash browns are poured frozen from a damned milk carton on to the grill.

The waffles are fine, I guess. If you don't mind nasty corn syrup "maple syrup' and margarine on them.

As far as drunk food, it is only alright. But as a drunk place to eat and hang out, it is A-loving-OK! The people watching there is the best.

lollin' @ this since even a mediocre bbq joint can make you beaucoup bucks up north

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you can't crawl your way in to a Waffle House and share a cup of coffee with a methed out hooker and a dude who just got out of jail

Then brother, you ain't getting the full American experience

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Alberto Basalm posted:

It's not that the chain is made up of pussies, it's that the north is full of sissies who can't handle stumbling into a restaurant at 4am in a haze

edit: I have NEVER been to waffle house sober, and the food there owns

It sounds like northerners act like adults and dont stumble into disgusting shitholes to eat crap food...

Keep being disgusting American south! I need your slovenly lifestyle to fund my 2nd pension.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

ElGroucho posted:

how far do you have to let yourself go for that to look good

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

psyopmonkey posted:

It sounds like northerners act like adults and dont stumble into disgusting shitholes to eat crap food...

Keep being disgusting American south! I need your slovenly lifestyle to fund my 2nd pension.

being an "adult" is no fun so the south keeps it real and is the drinkingest and smokingest place around

edit:

ZombieParts posted:

about 6 or 7 shots

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZombieParts posted:

This is what I eat on Sundays after a 6 mile run

Carbs motherfucker

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

google maps tells me there's one in Lackawanna, PA

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alberto Basalm posted:

being an "adult" is no fun so the south keeps it real and is the drinkingest and smokingest place around

case in point:

the most economic way to get completely shitfaced in no time at all

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

case in point:

the most economic way to get completely shitfaced in no time at all

Im missing 12hours out of my memory/life in Fayettenam, NC due to that poo poo.

That liquid is brain cleanser...

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

2 shots of everclear and some hawaiian punch makes for a good night!!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

psyopmonkey posted:

lovely food knows no geographic boundaries

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

LOL "home of the garbage plate" is that for real

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
yankees will never understand waffle house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rUe0TlP5wI

and i'm ok with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU