Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

What is this?
Tldr - Disney Skylanders

You buy Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Star Wars nostalgia infused figurines to use in two game modes: Playsets & Toybox. You put them on the Portal of Power ‘Infinity Base’ to use them in the game. You can also put on Power Discs for a variety of different additions. You can use the figurines on other people’s games and consoles. You can also play online with your Toybox creations and download premade Toyboxes every week. This entire franchise is a moneysuck for mediocre/okay gameplay meets DISNEY FIGURINES. Oh god I can't stop buying this poo poo.

WHAT’S NEW TO 2.0
Marvel Playsets & Characters (Avengers & Spiderman Playsets)
Selected Characters can now crossover into certain Playsets
Support Power Discs (You can summon AI characters to assist you in battle. Or summon an Airstrike from the SHIELD Helicarrier)
Minigame Discs (You get a character themed game to use any character in. Ie An Asgardian Tower Defence Game you can use Elsa on)
Costume Change Discs (You can give Spidey the Venom suit. If used on other characters, they get a stat boost)
Character specific achievements
Different coloured sparks (Purple is for building Special Meter. Orange is for XP. Blue is for unlocking Toybox Items. Green is for health.)
Autobuilding items (You just click and drag how large you want something and it’ll automatically create a structure)
Improved Toybox (Bigger. Better. More streamlined and easier to use)
Interior construction (You can build the Avengers HQ in their Playset)
AI Builder characters (You can set these little fellows loose with an instruction [Ie Plants] and they’ll run around your Toybox making it look pretty)
Character upgrades (Each character has an upgrade path to unlock new moves or better stats)
Character KOs (If your character gets defeated, you cannot use them for a few minutes and must swap them with another figurine)
New characters will not work on original Disney Infinity but all characters will work on Disney Infinity 2.0. Same for 2.0 Power Discs.
XBox One owners MUST purchase a new Starter Pack including Infinity Base because apparently old ones won’t work.
Wii owners (If you were ever unfortunate enough to purchase this on the Wii) will not get an upgrade.
NO MORE SPINS (Now you just buy what you want in the Toybox Store with Blue Sparks.

Playsets are their own self-contained games where only characters from their specific franchises can participate in. Ie - Only Sully & Mike figurines can be used to access the Monsters Inc portion of Disney Infinity. Playing through the game worlds for different franchises allows you to unlock items to use in Toybox mode Not every figurine will have a fully fleshed out world for them to be used in. Each playset apparently has around 5-8 hours of entertainment in it. You have to put the appropriate plastic piece onto the Infinity Base to access the playset.

Specific characters in 2.0 will be able to used in other Playsets once specific conditions have been met. Ie Spiderman can be used in the Avengers Playset after a certain point.

Toybox Mode is essentially Disney Little Big Planet. In this mode you are able to create a world or little games and share them online. Make a little racer, sidescroller etc. The drawcard of this feature is that you can use aesthetic features from other franchises and use your own figurines to play through it. Ie – Captain Jack Sparrow in a Cars Race in Alice in Wonderland World. Because these are meant to be ‘toys’ of the characters, Disney said it’s okay for these characters to interact together. Thankfully there are people who dedicate their lives to this sort of stuff, so you can download five new Toyboxes every week and get a decent bit of free content.

Power Discs
There are countless drat Power Discs but can be classified into the following categories:
Landscape Discs – Toybox only These change the ground and look of all items placed. (Ie. Frozen disc will make the ground snowy and all items wintery)
Skybox Discs – Toybox Only These change the skybox, lighting and sound. (Ie the Tangled Disc will have lanterns in the sky and soft music)
Powerup Discs – These give you a general bonus. (Ie . More Attack/More Defence/More Sparks)
Support Discs – Place these discs and when they’re charged, you can summon a character or action for a short AI controlled bit of help. (Ie. White Tiger or Winter Soldier)
Item Discs – Toybox OnlyYou get a weapon from a specific character (Buzz Lightyear’s Gun)
Vehicle Discs – Toybox Only You get a vehicle or animal from a specific franchise to drive/ride. Sometimes plays music. (Tron’s vehicle starts Daft Punk’s Derezzed playing!)
Costume Discs – You get a different look for your character and a possible change to their attacks. If you use on a different character to the one it’s made for, you’ll get a general powerup instead.

If you place two different support/powerup discs under your character, they’ll often mix and give you a bonus third effect for free.

Because you buy these in blind packets of two, you’ll never know what you’ll get. There used to be a thread for trading, but I’m not sure if it’s still around.

Characters & Playsets

Disney Infinity 1.0

The Incredibles – Mr Incredible, Mrs Incredible, Violet, Dash, Syndrome
Pirates of the Caribbean – Captain Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa, Davy Jones
Monsters Inc – Sully, Mike, Randy.
Lone Ranger – Tonto, Lone Ranger
Cars – Mater, Holley Shiftweell, Lightning McQueen, Francesco Bernoulli
Toy Story in Space – Buzz Lightyear, Jesse, Woody
No Playset – Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-It-Ralph), Anna & Elsa (Frozen), Phineas Flynn & Perry the Platypus (Phineas & Ferb), Sorcerer Mickey (Fantasia), Rapunzel (Tangled), Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas).

Disney Infinity 2.0

Avengers – Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Falcon & Loki. [Crossover Characters - Spiderman]
Spiderman – Spiderman, Venom, Nova, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, Green Goblin [Crossover Characters - Iron Man]
No Playset- Maleficent (Maleficent), Merida (Brave), Stitch (Lilo & Stitch), Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Aladdin & Princess Jasmine (Aladdin), Donald Duck, Hiro & Baymax (Big Hero 6), Quorra & Sam Flynn (Tron Legacy)
Guardians of the Galaxy – Groot, Rocket Racoon, Starlord, Gimora, Drax, Ronan the Accuser, Yondu [Crossover Characters - Iron Man, Nova]

Wish List
Disney
SCROOGE MCDUCK. GizmoDuck. Hewey/Dewey/Louie, Webby, Mrs Beakley (Ducktales) Darkwing Duck. Launchpad McQuack (Darkwing Duck), Kermit, Fozzy, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Gonzo, Swedish Chef, Electric Mayhem, Walter (The Muppets), Chip, Dale, Gadget, Monterey Jack (Chip N Dale), Tron (Tron Legacy) Hannah Montana (Hannah Montana), Ariel, Ursula, King Triton(The Little Mermaid), Nemo, Dory, Marlin (Finding Nemo), Belle, Beast, GASTON (Beauty & The Beast), Ferb (Phineas & Ferb), Dumbo (Dumbo), Genie, Jaffar, Abu (Aladdin), Pocahontas (Pocahontas), Bolt, Mittens (Bolt), Lilo (Lilo & Stitch), Mabel & Dipper (Gravity Falls), Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet (Winnie the Pooh), Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Mulan (Mulan), Robin Hood (Robin Hood), Fox & Hound (Fox & The Hound), Hercules, Hades (Hercules), Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Pete, Oswald, Daisy (Classic), Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins), Cruella deVille, Those Dogs (101 Dalmatians), Wall-E, Eve (Wall-E), The Child Catcher (Bedknobs & Broomsticks), Pumpkin King, Dorothy, Mombi, Tik-Tok, (Return to Oz), The Rock & The Creepy Albino Twins (Escape to Witch Mountain), Rick Moranas (Honey I Shrunk the Kids), The Rocketeer (The Rocketeer), The Mighty Ducks kids (The Mighty Ducks), Evil Witches (Hocus Pocus), Inspector Gadget, Penny (Inspector Gadget), The Whole Cast (Enchanted), Tiana (Princess & The Frog), The Wizard & Witches (Oz the Great & Powerful), Marsupalami , Bonkers (Raw Toonage), Ludwig Von Drake, Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit), Emma Swan, Hook, Regina, Rumple (Once Upon a Time), Walt Disney, Hocus Pocus witches (Hocus Pokus).

(We did get Merida, Stitch & Maleficent from this list last time, so feel free to suggest more. It's just a list.)

Marvel
Wolverine, Psylock, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pride, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Blink, Iceman, Jubilee, Magneto, Northstar, Mystique, Toad, X23, Deadpool, Gambit, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Domino, Collossus (X-Men). Agent Colson's team (Agents of SHIELD), Maria Hill, She Hulk, Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Steven Strange, Squirrel Girl, Wasp, Spiderwoman, Namor, Mockingbird, Enchantress, Hercules, Vision, Taskmaster, Falcon

Disney Infinity 2.0 is out the end of September.

Starter Kit is around $70
Individual Figures are around $15
Playsets are around $30-35
Multicharacter sets are around $30
Power Discs are $5 for a blind pack of 2

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Reserving this post.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I won't buy the game, but I'll most likely buy any Ducks they make.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Wheres my Scrooge McDuck and Von Drake figurine Disney.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I'm going to buy the hell out of some Avengers figurines. My kids all love Avengers, as do I. Has anyone come across any good YouTube videos or websites with cool/interesting/etc toy box stuff?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I was at Subway and they had some ad slip thing for Guardians of the Galaxy toys and merch.

Starlord and Gamora are going together, and I think they had a playset between them. No one else was shown though.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Anyone try the free PC version?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zombie #246 posted:

Anyone try the free PC version?

Link is here if anyone cares. Might be a good way to kill some time platforming.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So Tinkerbell & Stitch were officially revealed. Time to take them off the rumored list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Plus the trailer featured some rad new items. The flying bed from Bedknobs & Broomsticks. Darkwing Duck's cycle. MABEL'S CAT HANDS.

Always good to have more Gravity Falls.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Andrew_1985 posted:

So Tinkerbell & Stitch were officially revealed. Time to take them off the rumored list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Plus the trailer featured some rad new items. The flying bed from Bedknobs & Broomsticks. Darkwing Duck's cycle. MABEL'S CAT HANDS.

Don't forget Darkwing's Gas Gun, and he Laser Gun from Lilo & Stitch

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I'm mostly excited to see them acknowledge it's a Disney game.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

MABEL'S CAT HANDS.

Here's my tumblr post about how the kittens for fists item came about. :)

http://mutatedjellyfish.tumblr.com/post/91963153209/kittens-for-fists

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

mutata posted:

Here's my tumblr post about how the kittens for fists item came about. :)

http://mutatedjellyfish.tumblr.com/post/91963153209/kittens-for-fists

You're doing God's work. Thank you mutata.

Any news if there'll be a generic playset in which we can use all the characters (which don't have a playset).

In other information!

Guardians of the Galaxy Playset officially announced - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncIACV_Q17A
Iron Man and Nova will be able to cross over to the Guardians playset
Green Goblin, Loki & Ronan the Accuser have been announced - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpM67QFslg
Aladdin may be coming to Disney Infinity.
Characters will no longer be sold in Triple Packs.
Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel has been sighted.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Iron Man and Nova will be able to cross over to the Guardians playset

I don't get why Marvel figures can't universally cross over, considering that Marvel consist of about 85% crossovers at any given time. This restriction is extremely silly.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Aladdin & Jasmine are in!

Aladdin will be released in 2014 and Jasmine in early 2015.

The bad news is that these characters are not in a playset. Toy box only.

Really Disney?

Just create a playset for a heap of toybox only characters. Here's an idea, an evil witch brings together a heap of disney princesses and their worlds and they have to team up to beat her. How's that for a money spinner

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 8, 2014

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Donald Duck has been unveiled.

http://youtu.be/kzjKPvfc1qk

Looks like his costume change disc is a musketeer. Aladdin's costume change is Prince Ali.

Mr EFord
Apr 30, 2006

Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached
For folks that want Infinity 2.0, My Costco is already selling it at their store a week and change only. Starter set, all consoles, 70 bucks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No Costco near me, so what the best deal to get the starter set? I kinda got into the game after picking up a cheap base for the WiiU version (which is free to download) and buying all the characters I give a drat about.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I still want to finish 1.0.
Fortunately, the misses bought everything and has no interest in the Marvel part so I still have time.
Every time a new Marvel bit is announced she throws her hands up dramatically and tells me Disney is being a bunch of idiots for not milking her for more classic Disney. I wonder if I should send them a thank you card? :v:
Though I can see her buying the disney figures loose and buying the set when they go down in price. :shrug:

It does bother me that so far no disney property playsets have been announced. I do really like playing 1.0 with her. It's so relaxing and the freedom to go whichever way you want is just so nice.

Does anyone know if a set date for the 2.0 classic set has been announced yet?

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Am I not the ravager, the devourer of worlds? Am I not Galactus!?!
The Disney Classics figures, starter set, and digital download were announced for 11/4. You can use your old base and get the download for 20 dollars on Wii U, PS3 or 4. It's 30 otherwise. You also get two free toy box game discs if you buy the download but details weren't announced. Those likely come in the mail or as a coupon for the retail purchase.

If you buy the 60 dollar starter you get the disc, a base, two toy box game discs, and two figures.

Just in case you're curious toy box games are special power discs that load a precreated adventure using toy box stuff that any character can participate in. The two for marvel are a dungeon crawl and a tower defense. I don't know what the two for Disney are. They come in the starters but will also be available in non random packs on 11/4.

They also sorta addressed the lack of disney Original playsets by introducing builders in toy box. They will build out dungeons, race tracks, etc so you don't have to. Also the community can make games with a story and quest givers. It's not a full game with unlocks and such but it's something.

As for the best value if you're all in the amazon premium pack is the best I found. If you're not going to buy everything the starter pack is best because you get that free figure at launch. The digital download doesn't save any money if you want everything in the Marvel starter but does if you only want the Disney stuff. Target has a launch deal of buy a playset get 2 free disc packs and toys r us will have disc packs 3/10 and figures 3/33 on the Saturday after launch.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
The two disney toy box games are similar to the two marvel toy box games.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

adreaminsound posted:

The Disney Classics figures, starter set, and digital download were announced for 11/4. You can use your old base and get the download for 20 dollars on Wii U, PS3 or 4. It's 30 otherwise. You also get two free toy box game discs if you buy the download but details weren't announced. Those likely come in the mail or as a coupon for the retail purchase.

If you buy the 60 dollar starter you get the disc, a base, two toy box game discs, and two figures.

You can get the game for 20 bucks as a download? That seems unreasonably reasonable. That could be interesting for us.

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

You can get the game for 20 bucks as a download? That seems unreasonably reasonable. That could be interesting for us.

Yes. It's 20 for wii u and sony systems for a limited time. It's 30 for Xbox 360 and everything else after the limited time. No digital copy for Xbox one because they require a special chip in the base so you need to buy it anyway. It doesn't make sense for me as I'm getting everything but if you're only in it for the originals and have a base you'd be happy with that. I may buy it anyway since I can't install on wii u and digital load times are much faster than disc for 1.0.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So this game is out on Tuesday...I am honestly excited mostly for the upgraded ToyBox Mode to be honest. I played some of the playsets for the first game, but honestly they are boring at times compared to just creating random crap while using a enemy spawner to beat up stuff while building. That said, I do hope there is a better share option, as I hated how in 1.0 it was all the pre-filter catagories, instead of downloading some random goon world where he made a 20 foot Goku out of Money Bins.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Has anyone tried this yet? What are the new nerdy creativitoys like?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Sooo...

It looks like you can't get the Avengers stuff without buying a whole starter kit, including an extra base that I don't need... Is this right?

I know the Toybox set is meant for people who already have 1.0, but what if I want the Marvel starter set content without paying for a new base?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

Sooo...

It looks like you can't get the Avengers stuff without buying a whole starter kit, including an extra base that I don't need... Is this right?

I know the Toybox set is meant for people who already have 1.0, but what if I want the Marvel starter set content without paying for a new base?

That is the problem yes. There's no way to buy the Avengers playset without getting a whole starter set, same as the playsets for the old starter kit. This is unlikely to change.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Actually they are going to be released separately in November around the time the Digital Download version of the game comes out for :20bux:, with the Avengers playset with Iron Man and Black Widow, while Thor becomes a regular $14 figure. Here the box for the playset.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Do you need the new base for the new stuff? Or just the new game? Otherwise that's awesome!

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005

Fishylungs posted:

Do you need the new base for the new stuff? Or just the new game? Otherwise that's awesome!

Depends on the system that your old one is on:

"If you have a physical base from Disney Infinity, it will work for Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) in most cases. The exception is that the Xbox 360 base only works on Xbox 360, and does not work on Xbox One. Neither of the Xbox or 3DS bases work on other platforms."

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

leonlai86 posted:

Depends on the system that your old one is on:

"If you have a physical base from Disney Infinity, it will work for Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) in most cases. The exception is that the Xbox 360 base only works on Xbox 360, and does not work on Xbox One. Neither of the Xbox or 3DS bases work on other platforms."

I have a WiiU, so this is great news! I can't wait to Spider-man it up!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I been using the same base I bought for the WiiU digital copy on the PS4. Anywyas, I am liking the game a lot, but still learning things at the moment like the builders in Toy Box mode. One thing I did noticed is the fact putting the old playsets or characters just unlocks everything related to them. So nice to have ALL of previous game stuff minus the Cars/Lone Rangers stuff, which I could just buy them in the Toy Store, which replaced that awful roulette wheel.

Also so glad the Online Toybox selection is actually populated by stuff that isn't the handpicked levels now. Played some neat (also pretty hard on Hard) Castlevania style level, which had a really tough part at the end with a room full of a bunch of crystal men, two sybomites, a tree golem, and a rock golem. Went up three levels with Wreck It Ralph before I beat it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

We got Groot as our extra character for reserving a copy. I can't figure out if he is supposed to be usable in the Avengers playset or not. I know you can collect Rocket Raccoon tokens in game to make Rocket usable in game but I haven't seen any Groot ones. B the other thing that is words is I can't use him in the toy box either. Any insight?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

vulturesrow posted:

We got Groot as our extra character for reserving a copy. I can't figure out if he is supposed to be usable in the Avengers playset or not. I know you can collect Rocket Raccoon tokens in game to make Rocket usable in game but I haven't seen any Groot ones. B the other thing that is words is I can't use him in the toy box either. Any insight?
I haven't done the Guardians playset yet so I can't add anything there, but Groot, and all figures, can be used in the Toy Box. The restrictions are only in the playsets, the toybox is always open for all characters.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Space_Butler posted:

I haven't done the Guardians playset yet so I can't add anything there, but Groot, and all figures, can be used in the Toy Box. The restrictions are only in the playsets, the toybox is always open for all characters.

I thought that was the way it was supposed to work but I couldn't get him in the toybox. Wonder if the figure is broken...

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Rocket and Nova are the only crossover characters you can use in the Avengers playset. Groot should work in the toy box of you chose to go there instead of to the Avengers playset.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Wow. Some of the new Creativi-Toys are.. rather lacking in documentation for what they appear to be capable of.

Is there any way to rectify glitchy figs or power discs? I have an old Bolt's Super Strength disc from 1.0 which was tossed onto a storage box before my opinion of DI went from this-seems-like-a-scam to hey-this-is-pretty-good as a result of the 2.0 Toy Store system. However, it often isn't recognised, and if it's stacked more than 1 deep then it doesn't work at all - the figure stack will just reinitialize over and over again.

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

You should email support at disneyinfinity.com and tell them about your power disc. They're typically pretty good about supporting the community and may replace your disk for you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

adreaminsound posted:

Rocket and Nova are the only crossover characters you can use in the Avengers playset. Groot should work in the toy box of you chose to go there instead of to the Avengers playset.

I cannot for the life of me find the last Nova crossover coin. It is driving me crazy. I really should just play some Spiderman set if I really want to play as him but I'm having collectible OCD again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

vulturesrow posted:

I thought that was the way it was supposed to work but I couldn't get him in the toybox. Wonder if the figure is broken...

You should also be able to use Groot in the power disc minigames too... The tower defense and dungeon crawl. The only requirements are that they are Marvel figures.

It sounds like you may have a bum figure.

• Locked thread