Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

MissileWaster posted:

Marvel playset coming out next spring, but the Hulkbuster and Ultron are coming out in November
-All Marvel characters released so far will be usable in this playset
I feel like this year everything Marvel is completely disrupted by diving headfirst into Pixar and Star Wars stuff. There isn't going to even be a Marvel playset to use Hulkbuster or Ultron in for months once they come out, it's basically official that Ant-Man is coming to 3.0 but for some reason nobody is allowed to say when, and I can't figure out if this playset is going to even have figures with it or if it's getting some gem-only release like that Toybox Takeover thing you get for pre-ordering. And the rest of the figures from 3.0 moving forward on the Originals side are just tie-ins to the flavor of the month. I mean, we can't expect anything else thanks to the Disney machine, but beyond the Star Wars stuff I'm really not interested as much this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

MissileWaster posted:

I'm pretty sure there was other stuff, like I think they explained the gameplay/story for the Inside Out playset, but that's everything I distinctly remember.

It takes place in Riley's imagination after she falls asleep watching the late night scary movie on TV and I worked on it so you're all going to buy it and squee at all of my pretty castles and rainbows, dammit.

Edit: The Force Awakens figures are on Instagram if you search: https://instagram.com/p/6dpWUypsu6/

mutata fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 17, 2015

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

It takes place in Riley's imagination after she falls asleep watching the late night scary movie on TV and I worked on it so you're all going to buy it and squee at all of my pretty castles and rainbows, dammit.

Edit: The Force Awakens figures are on Instagram if you search: https://instagram.com/p/6dpWUypsu6/

Those TFA figs look rad, I hope ep 7 gets a power disc pack with a disc to make Han into Geriatric Han.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
What are some good Toy Boxes to download?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Space_Butler posted:

I feel like this year everything Marvel is completely disrupted by diving headfirst into Pixar and Star Wars stuff. There isn't going to even be a Marvel playset to use Hulkbuster or Ultron in for months once they come out, it's basically official that Ant-Man is coming to 3.0 but for some reason nobody is allowed to say when, and I can't figure out if this playset is going to even have figures with it or if it's getting some gem-only release like that Toybox Takeover thing you get for pre-ordering. And the rest of the figures from 3.0 moving forward on the Originals side are just tie-ins to the flavor of the month. I mean, we can't expect anything else thanks to the Disney machine, but beyond the Star Wars stuff I'm really not interested as much this time around.

So...odds are good that Toybox Takeover will be released separately too right? It'll probably be a while before I pick up 3.0, want to make sure I'm not going to be missing out on anything.
E: Just saw that you actually can buy it separately. Costs 21 bucks though, sucks that I can't exactly get this game on release cause getting it for the preorder is a nice deal.

As for the Marvel playset, I would personally hold off on getting Hulkbuster and Ultron just to be safe, but I guess it's possible that Ant-Man might come with it but I dunno.

E: Those Finn and Rey figures look awesome. I really dig the Disney Infinity art style on the figures, there's some that I actually have up on the TV stand just cause they look cool.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 17, 2015

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Peter Pan will probably be based off the new live action movie rather than his animated appearance.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

MissileWaster posted:

E: Those Finn and Rey figures look awesome. I really dig the Disney Infinity art style on the figures, there's some that I actually have up on the TV stand just cause they look cool.

The sculpts this time around are by far our best. There's a LOT of polish on the Star Wars figures, Ultron and Hulkbuster are the most detailed we've done, I think, and my favorites are Nick and Judy, the Zootopia characters. Really, really solid stuff.

GenericMartini posted:

Peter Pan will probably be based off the new live action movie rather than his animated appearance.

Disney does not have a Peter Pan movie coming soon or even announced, and certainly not in the Infinity 3.0 window. ;)

Edit: Actually, about Peter Pan, he was chosen by a panel of players who were invited to participate in the Toybox Summit this year. Basically, they all made a lot of cool toyboxes this year and were featured enough that they were flown out to Anaheim to make some Toyboxes live and compete to see who makes the best one. At the summit this year, they met with our bosses and the panel of players were asked to pick a Disney character to be put in the game. They voted and apparently chose Pan. That's where that came from, and apparently this will be a regular thing now.

mutata fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 17, 2015

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Is there going to be anymore Gravity Falls content in 3.0? My family loves that show and it's going to influence my upgrade timeline if there's more.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

ManMythLegend posted:

Is there going to be anymore Gravity Falls content in 3.0? My family loves that show and it's going to influence my upgrade timeline if there's more.

It's not really saying too much but in that fan vote thing Mabel has pretty consistently had about half of the votes.

Followed closely by Darkwing Duck :c00l:

E: Even though I used that emoticon, I actually voted for Goofy. Can't have Mickey and Donald without Goofy!!

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I am at bestbuy and I am confused. Do I need to buy a 3.0 starter pack? Or will my 2.0 work? I don't see a way to get the software without the starter pack.

Never mind. Figured it out.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 30, 2015

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I just went ahead and got the Wii U downloadable for $20. My daughter will be more interested in Inside Out anyway.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

My little sister has 2.0 for the Xbox 360 and she's going to want 3.0 on her Wii U. We need to buy a new base for the game, right? She's not very interested in Star Wars but she's into the Marvel and Disney stuff pretty hard. The bases are system-specific yeah?

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
The 360 and xb1 are the only systems that need their own special bases so yeah you need a new one.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I'm glad I got the saga bundle so I don't have to stick solely with Episodes 1-3 for the next month, but man having to wait that long regardless to play as Han Solo is gonna hurt my nerd soul a little.

Is there any ETA on when those figures that'll have light-up lightsabers when on the base are coming out?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Holiday-ish I believe.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I'm really impressed by how much better this runs on the Wii U. Frame rates and load times are much better this time around. Also, there's a really decent amount of content just in the $20 download. I've been farting around in the toy box hub for a couple of hours and there are still a huge number of things I haven't done.

Did they modify some old character moves to allow for some juggles? It seemed like Rapunzel's frying pan was knocking guys up super high.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yep! Handheld sword and sword-esque type weapons got folded into the lightsaber combat revamp so stuff like the frying pan and Carl's cane can do a lot more. They're not as powerful as the lightsaber, but they're a lot cooler now than they used to be.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I've never played Disney Infinity anything but want the Original Trilogy stuff, but all this is super dense to me and I don't get how any of it works or the best way to approach this stuff. Looks like the OT stuff is Playstation exclusive for a month? If I'm going to play it on the Wii U, is there some smarter way to do this? Like maybe buy a used base + download the game + buy the OT playset whenever it happens? Any tips in general would be appreciated. I have a small apartment and don't actually want the Anakin figurine at all so I'd sort of feel like I'm wasting money by springing for the Wii U starter kit.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr.Flibble posted:

What are some good Toy Boxes to download?

Seconding this request. Also if you know if any good YouTubers covering the game that would be great too.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Star Guarded posted:

I've never played Disney Infinity anything but want the Original Trilogy stuff, but all this is super dense to me and I don't get how any of it works or the best way to approach this stuff. Looks like the OT stuff is Playstation exclusive for a month? If I'm going to play it on the Wii U, is there some smarter way to do this? Like maybe buy a used base + download the game + buy the OT playset whenever it happens? Any tips in general would be appreciated. I have a small apartment and don't actually want the Anakin figurine at all so I'd sort of feel like I'm wasting money by springing for the Wii U starter kit.

Buy a used base (check online... I think I sold my spare one to Gamestop for $0.25), $20 for the digital download, then $35 for the OT.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Buy a used base (check online... I think I sold my spare one to Gamestop for $0.25), $20 for the digital download, then $35 for the OT.
Sweet thanks. If I wait for sales on the playsets I want this sounds like I could keep this fairly inexpensive.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Are there plans for an updated iPad app? Can't use any of the 3.0 figures even though they are unlocked online.

edit

Also, in the toy box mode, The first time i played i was on a board with no enemies. (the disney created hoth board). the next time i loaded it there were. Is there a way to have no enemies? My daughter just likes to walk around and explore. I think i might have done something when i loaded it in to turn off the enemies and be in a spectator mode...but I have no idea what I did.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 31, 2015

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

This game is pretty sweet.

Kelp Plankton posted:

theres a bunch of Disney Infinity stuff getting announced at D23 but I can't find it compiled anywhere to copy/paste here

so here's a Kingdom Hearts King Mickey costume for the new Mickey Mouse figure, which they handed out at D23

i guess more KH content to follow? not sure

Other than being at that event, how can I get one of these?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It was exclusive to the event so I don't think you can. For now at least. Check ebay I guess?

Is anyone going to be making a 3.0 thread? So much stuff seems different and new that it'd probably be worth doing, right? But I don't have the game yet so I don't want to be the guy to do it.

Also: did anyone get a chance to check out characters like Ralph and Vanellope who had no melee weapons and were basically restricted to the 1.0 non-combo attack stuff? Did they get updated to be better now or are they going to be stuck as kind of mediocre fighters forever?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Kind of mediocre without a weapon, but like someone else said, they do get the updated combos when using things like the frying pan or swords.

I understand why they didn't, but I wish they could have added at least special moves for the 1.0 guys when they went to 2.0. Creating new animations for 28 characters would have been a pain in the rear end, but some of those characters are pretty useless now. Especially shoulder-charge characters with no ranged attack.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

It was exclusive to the event so I don't think you can. For now at least. Check ebay I guess?

Is anyone going to be making a 3.0 thread? So much stuff seems different and new that it'd probably be worth doing, right? But I don't have the game yet so I don't want to be the guy to do it.

Also: did anyone get a chance to check out characters like Ralph and Vanellope who had no melee weapons and were basically restricted to the 1.0 non-combo attack stuff? Did they get updated to be better now or are they going to be stuck as kind of mediocre fighters forever?
I'd be down with a new thread. I'm probably not the one to make it though since I haven't played this series yet.

Grabbed Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Starlord for $6.50 each (used but great condition) today. Also ordered the Wreck-it Ralph pack for $20 and a $3 base, so I'm good to go with playing the Toy Box once those get here, until the OT playset comes out for Wii U in a few weeks.

I think the only figures I actually want are GOTG, OT, Force Awakening, Mulan, and Wreck-it Ralph, so this series isn't gonna destroy me. Also Gravity Falls if they make those in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
New thread over yonder - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740705

• Locked thread