Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you allowed to shoot off fireworks/fingers where you live?
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
if not you should move.

this guy is pretty happy that Maine legalized fireworks a couple years ago:

(an actual picture in the local paper today: http://www.pressherald.com/2014/07/03/maine-fireworks-sellers-look-for-holiday-spark/)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

yes but you have to show id to buy kitchen ware

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
gently caress you Texas. If Maine wasn't so drat cold it would have my vote.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
lol do people in non-firework-having states still have independence day? Cause that just sounds sad.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah

You can get actually good fireworks here too, but I don't think you're technically allowed to take them off the reservation. Not like anybody cares.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Fireworks are illegal in Mass but it's cool cuz you're never more than like a 20 minute drive to a state where it's legal so gently caress the police

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
no but neither is weed, so i guess the christian patriarchy wins again thanks for the reminder douchebag

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
nothing good is legal in virginia

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

fireworks and cheese right across the border!!

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
I like fireworks and I cannot lie
you other arsonists can't deny
that when a ladyfinger blows up with a little bitty bang
and a m-80 takes off your thang
you cum hard

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Drad_Bert posted:

you cum hard

Every time white people discover rap it's a loving nightmare for everyone even remotely related to them.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Drad_Bert posted:

you cum hard

shut the gently caress up and kill yourself, and never try to do anything with music or words again

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I think sparklers and smoke bombs are legal here

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

no but i can drive to pennsylvania where they are also illegal but because i'm from out of state i can buy them there because of this one weird old loophole

Samuel L. ACKSYN fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 3, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
no but i fire them off anyway, gently caress a police

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Stevie Lee posted:

if not you should move.

(an actual picture in the local paper today: http://www.pressherald.com/2014/07/03/maine-fireworks-sellers-look-for-holiday-spark/)

lol I saw that photo this morning and immediately thought of Goons.

Hey fellow Mainer!

I've got a big shiny fireworks store right down the road, but I don't buy any. One of my neighbors though must spend thousands because he puts on a near professional level show - it's impressive.

My general observation was fireworks were annoyingly common the first summer they were legal, but they've dropped way off since.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

as a rule people don't care about those rules in virginia

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

You can buy fireworks any day you want in Indiana, but you can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Go figure.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Legal in state, not legal in city. sigh..........

N4MayShun
Apr 19, 2011
Any goon advice on getting cheap fireworks (in Texas)?

The motivation: my (fairly large) family does a Secret Santa so we don't have to get gifts for the two dozen or so people who make it to Christmas. Last year I drew my youngest nephew, who was just over 18, so I put together a bag of miscellaneous fireworks, a full box of wooden matches, two tins of gelatinized ethanol, a magnifying glass, and two bags green army men. This year at Thanksgiving I drew my nephew again, so I get to build on my knowledge from last year: more fireworks. However, the family's reduced the maximum to $25 this year, so I'm looking to be more economical and optimize the contents and supplier accordingly.

As memory serves, last year's grab bag contained:
A couple boxes of salutes
A few strings of black cats
A couple of boxes of large roman candles
One or two cakes
About a dozen large bottle rockets (Texas banned the smaller bottle rockets starting in 2008. :argh:)

I wouldn't mind buying a few things in larger quantities (totaling up to $100 or so), keeping some for myself, and parceling out a nominal $25 worth to my nephew.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Anyone who gives a poo poo will just go to PA to buy them. I did that for a few years but it gets really expensive so I stopped. Also I live in a suburban area and I'm afraid I'll set people's houses on fire.

As far as lighting them off goes, I'm pretty sure as long as you limit yourself to firing them off around July 4, and don't shoot them at people or houses, you'll be fine. The most I've seen the police do on the 4th is park down the street for like 15 minutes, making sure people aren't doing those stupid things I mentioned.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
http://www.demoscene.tv/page.php?id=172&lang=uk&vsmaction=view_prod&id_prod=13673

^^ THIS ^^

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you just buy them on indian reservations.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I want 5 , no these ones are sick... new five

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
none hve got me hard, where is the ones that get me hard

I want fireworks, not fun

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Black mamba big blast

yes i want the ones that make my cock big

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Morkyz posted:

lol do people in non-firework-having states still have independence day? Cause that just sounds sad.

No lol, and people in non-weed-legal states don't celebrate 4/20 either. Like how could you break the law? How is that possible? Doesn't make sense.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
shoot off

Big shooting ones

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i need a third option, fireworks are legal here the same way domestic abuse is legal here: you're ok as long as you pay off the cops

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Anything that actually shoots up into the air to explode (i.e., real fireworks) is banned in my tinderbox of a state. Firecrackers, whistlers and fountains are all you can get legally. A few neighbors always seem to have proper fireworks every year. I suspect they drive to Nevada to get 'em.

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

i need a third option, fireworks are legal here the same way domestic abuse is legal here: you're ok as long as you pay off the cops

Where do you live actually because this doesn't narrow anything down?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who loving cares if they're legal?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

if not you should move.

Yes, but not to sell them in this way. As in "Just stock these shelves with explosives, i'm sure people aren't retards and everything will be fine".

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RavenKrows posted:

Where do you live actually because this doesn't narrow anything down?
hawaii, it's illegal to shoot fireworks unless you buy offa permit from your local police department

the other permit is purchased in a less official capacity

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

quote:

a self-described professional explosives engineer

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Yeah, but just lovely little fountains and snakes and smokebombs and poo poo. You have to drive an hour to Alabama or Tennessee for the good stuff. Alabama is a bit closer, but its Alabama.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Not legal here in the great state of Massachusetts.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Another interesting question would be where is fireworks sold where you live.

Here it used to be bicycle shops for some reason. As in 11.5 months a year they fix and sell bicycles and then for two weeks they go "ok we sell fireworks now".

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

As long as there isn't a burn ban in effect you can do whatever the hell you want in Arkansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Temporary roadside stand that sell the same poo poo you get inside Walmart for double the price. Sometimes they're in the Walmart parking lot.

• Locked thread