Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

if you cant handle drinking on the reg your prolly just a pussy beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
it makes strong men into cowards

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
it's more of a lifestyle

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

more like a drinking solution.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
neither is being black *slam dunks another sick edgy burn*

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Real-deal alcoholics are impressive.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
all of the alcoholics I've met are pitiable, unattractive people and it's obvious that their disease factored in to that

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

I.C. posted:

Real-deal alcoholics are depressive.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Thank you op, thank you.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
I like driving drunk and I cannot lie
you other alkies can't deny
that when the key falls out on your second or third try
and the windshield breaks your thigh
you gonna fly

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
i drive drunk better than i do sober

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Drad_Bert posted:

you gonna fly

gently caress you shut the gently caress up

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Lean back
Soft grip
It's easy!
Eyes on the yellow line
Don't force the wheel
We'll all get home fine
I'm a pro for real

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
alcoholism is a choice welp see ya

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
i like to drink my pee

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I drink o'dools bc I avoid alcohols

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

I.C. posted:

Real-deal alcoholics are impressive.

You're using hyperbole for comedic effect, I assume.

There are many degrees of alcoholism. Admittedly there's a place on that spectrum that IS pretty cool.

However, the worst alcoholics are basically zombies. Witness the bums chugging mouthwash in a park for the final end road of alcoholism.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

You're using hyperbole for comedic effect, I assume.

There are many degrees of alcoholism. Admittedly there's a place on that spectrum that IS pretty cool.

However, the worst alcoholics are basically zombies. Witness the bums chugging mouthwash in a park for the final end road of alcoholism.

How does that not kill someone? Isn't it denatured alcohol or some poo poo?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Hobohemian posted:

How does that not kill someone? Isn't it denatured alcohol or some poo poo?

yeah totes. we give our children denatured alcohol to swish around in their mouths, making sure they do not swallow any

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cucking Mama posted:

all of the alcoholics I've met are pitiable, unattractive people and it's obvious that their disease factored in to that

yeah pretty much but as mentioned it depends on what you're saying alcoholics are.

weekend drinking -> drinking a couple beers after a long days work daily -> drinking shots after work, passing out in front of the tv -> sneaking a drink at work and it's only 10am what the gently caress are you doing -> lost everything, living on the streets chugging mouthwash and incapable of speaking without slurring

the last one is pretty much the absolute worst but you're pretty much there if you've been drinking at work. i don't think having a couple beers after work every day is bad but some people may deem that an alcoholic.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
deeply uncomfortable itt

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

ansel autisms posted:

yeah totes. we give our children denatured alcohol to swish around in their mouths, making sure they do not swallow any

You're not supposed to give children mouthwash in the first place. There is literally a warning on the bottle telling you as much.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Xaris posted:

yeah pretty much but as mentioned it depends on what you're saying alcoholics are.

weekend drinking -> drinking a couple beers after a long days work daily -> drinking shots after work, passing out in front of the tv -> sneaking a drink at work and it's only 10am what the gently caress are you doing -> lost everything, living on the streets chugging mouthwash and incapable of speaking without slurring

the last one is pretty much the absolute worst but you're pretty much there if you've been drinking at work. i don't think having a couple beers after work every day is bad but some people may deem that an alcoholic.

I'm still at the loveable funguy stage myself

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i drink 2 or 3 at business lunches usually a half bottle of wine at least with dinner and a fifth of bourbon on the weekends but never anything before noon i mean are you crazy? also i have this bloating and a pain in my belly like, a bit under my right ribcage

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

deeply uncomfortable itt

life is deeply uncomfortable.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

nomadologique posted:

i drink 2 or 3 at business lunches usually a half bottle of wine at least with dinner and a fifth of bourbon on the weekends but never anything before noon i mean are you crazy? also i have this bloating and a pain in my belly like, a bit under my right ribcage

Try hitting your diaphragm really hard until you burp and do rising cobra stretches for your back, also antacids

naem
May 29, 2011

unlimited shrimp posted:

alcoholism is a choice welp see ya

IT'S A CHILD NOT A CHOICE

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ansel autisms posted:

if you cant handle drinking on the reg your prolly just a pussy beta.

finally! finally someone brave to say it!!

thank you op, life changing thread :tipshat:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

From like October to the middle of December of last year my drinking had got to the point where I was going to work hung over and mixing vodka with water and drinking it while working, then driving home. It culminated with me driving home and being hit by a (sober) dude and I was subsequently arrested and charged with my 2nd DWI. The charge was dropped on a technicality but I haven't drank since 12/14/13 and I'm much healthier and don't shake like a crack baby any more. I smoke cigarettes more than ever.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im pooping! posted:

From like October to the middle of December of last year my drinking had got to the point where I was going to work hung over and mixing vodka with water and drinking it while working, then driving home. It culminated with me driving home and being hit by a (sober) dude and I was subsequently arrested and charged with my 2nd DWI. The charge was dropped on a technicality but I haven't drank since 12/14/13 and I'm much healthier and don't shake like a crack baby any more. I smoke cigarettes more than ever.

same

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

nomadologique posted:

deeply uncomfortable itt

My favorite Robin Williams joke ever (not a high bar I know): "Every alcoholic in the world sounds like this--'oh poor me, poor me, poooour me another round there will ya? Haha'"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Drad_Bert posted:

you gonna fly

I loving hate you

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJNSYs6bOk

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

My favorite Robin Williams joke ever (not a high bar I know): "Every alcoholic in the world sounds like this--'oh poor me, poor me, poooour me another round there will ya? Haha'"

Beer commercials usually show big men, manly men, doing manly things: "You've just killed a small animal. It's time for a light beer." Why not have a realistic beer commercial, with a realistic thing about beer, where someone goes, "It's five o'clock in the morning. You've just pissed on a dumpster. It's Miller time."

-the Genie from "Aladdin"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My friends dad is an alcoholic and my friend had to take his dads riding lawnmower away because he would get drunk and ride it through the neighborhood and harass people

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

its the cure imo

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
moral model philistines up itt

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007

Mustang posted:

My friends dad is an alcoholic and my friend had to take his dads riding lawnmower away because he would get drunk and ride it through the neighborhood and harass people

Your friends dad is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Your friend's dad is George Jones

• Locked thread