Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

http://www.deviantart.com/customization/skins/media/winamp/?q=my+little+pony nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op the software is between ur legs

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Here is a list of your problems:

1. sucking cock
2. your computer is crashing when trying to run lovely sofware which while lovely, shouldn't be causing your computer to crash. Symptom of a deeper problem in your cock browsing computer. Something's wrong in there and you should probably fix it.
3. not listening to almost every person in this thread telling you to get winamp

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
You don't really get music until you code your own media player

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
foobar is for spergs who also think vlc is good

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
what's wrong with vlc?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
please direct all VLC inquiries to this address for details, subject line "VLC is the best prove me wrong"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

vlc is fine. i dont need a lot of features to play a video. music libraries are different

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
why?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Who the hell thinks foobar2000 is hard to use? Double click the installer, click next a bunch of times, drag and drop your music folder to the foobar window, done.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

error1 posted:

Who the hell thinks foobar2000 is hard to use? Double click the installer, click next a bunch of times, drag and drop your music folder to the foobar window, done.

i want it to emulate, exactly, the winamp library system. theres scripting involved, i dont like the foobar defaults really

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

error1 posted:

no one said it was hard. it's overkill for just playing music and isn't as streamlined as winamp.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Waltzing Along posted:

it play everything. it has a small footprint. it takes up minimal screen space. it's very easy to place or remove music in playlists. it's easy to save playlists.

+ milkdrop

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sizone posted:

+ milkdrop

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Why are you applying multiband compression? Why do you think you know better than the engineers that recorded, mixed and mastered what you're listening to?

Edit: holy poo poo and a band pass filter too? Do you actually enjoy music...?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Who listens to MP3s anymore anyways, I've been 99% Spotify for the past two years and I have 500 Gb of music on a NAS.

Waltzing Along posted:

no one said it was hard. it's overkill for just playing music and isn't as streamlined as winamp.

stock foobar has way less features and is way more simple and fast than winamp

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ashgromnies posted:

Who listens to MP3s anymore anyways, I've been 99% Spotify for the past two years and I have 500 Gb of music on a NAS.

stock foobar has way less features and is way more simple and fast than winamp

Maybe it's fast on your slow computer. But on my SSD I can't tell a difference in load times or anything really. Why do you care so much?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I only listen to BGMs

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
I use a Mac now but on Windows Foobar was always good to me

I wish I could combine spotify's library with my own library, and include downloading music illegally in the app for things not present in either. That would be pretty sweet, if I could access it anywhere in the world.

What if you could quickly stream anything that could be found on the net?

We should make our own highly illegal music app to solve these needs.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ashgromnies posted:

Why are you applying multiband compression? Why do you think you know better than the engineers that recorded, mixed and mastered what you're listening to?

Edit: holy poo poo and a band pass filter too? Do you actually enjoy music...?

Ehnnnn.... I have been known to use some eq to compensate for lovely speakers, where does one draw the line?

edit: foo fighters. that is where you draw the line.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 4, 2014

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
spotify you goddamn moron

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

stuntwaffle posted:

spotify you goddamn moron

Wrong time of the month....

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

R-Type posted:

Wrong time of the month....

:mmmhmm:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Sizone posted:

Ehnnnn.... I have been known to use some eq to compensate for lovely speakers, where does one draw the line?

edit: foo fighters. that is where you draw the line.

EQ is fine but I wouldn't do compression or *-pass filtering cuz the track should already be compressed during mastering and there's literally no reason to filter music you're listening to unless you like pretending you're underwater or not hearing bass?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

people telling you to use foobar are like people who recommend linux. yeah its better at a lot of stuff but gently caress that

yeah seriously. i tried it once and spent like 3 hours trying to figure out plugins and poo poo to manage my ipod touch and it occasionally crashed and still sucked

went back to mediamonkey and it's pretty great. probably the best user friendly all purpose music player with some sperg scripting options for those that want it

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

ashgromnies posted:

EQ is fine but I wouldn't do compression or *-pass filtering cuz the track should already be compressed during mastering and there's literally no reason to filter music you're listening to unless you like pretending you're underwater or not hearing bass?

i use beats by dre thru a bose amp i think i know what im talkign about

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

im pooping! posted:

i use beats by dre thru a bose amp i think i know what im talkign about

My nigga, I acquiesce

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ashgromnies posted:

The audio example was the Foo Fighters. If the bandpass was set narrow enough to exclude, you know, everything, then I would take that as evidence of a love of music.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I use the sonos one cause it doesn't give me any choice the piece of poo poo but its not so bad really

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
foobar2000 in windows, I'm such a sperglord that like half the components for it are mine.

Cog for my Hackintosh primary setup, because reasons, and I maintain the most recently updated fork, because I have to put my taint on everything.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Waltzing Along posted:

Latest foobar is 3.6M, latest winamp is 16.37M.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
seriously and unironically the Zune software is good as hell

:rip:

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Foobar looks ok but I can't import my itunes folder with all the data over without it messing up somewhere along the way.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I don't know how the company that makes the coolest and best phone can make the worst and most retarded program that you need to use when connecting it to a computer

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

foobar. I cared enough to make thread for it once...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440826

gently caress my life.

kremlins
May 9, 2009

cmus

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Salt Fish posted:

Latest foobar is 3.6M, latest winamp is 16.37M.

my poos are 3.6M poo poo. i have 16 gigs of ram, a ssd and a quad core procesososr.. haaha

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Captain Matchbox posted:

I don't know how the company that makes the coolest and best phone can make the worst and most retarded program that you need to use when connecting it to a computer

itunes used to be good but now every mistaken swipe/click sends you to the itunes store.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
itunes was never good. you just used to have a big enough rear end in a top hat to handle apples cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
mediamonkey is basically itunes but good with really great tagging and organisation features

• Locked thread