Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
I also started playing Fallen London, seems interesting so far. Feel free to add me, although I'm not entirely sure what the social aspects of the game are yet: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dropbear

What's the best way to get rid of nightmares? Just ditching them to a contact?

I'll probably be getting Sunless Sea as well when it's finished or close to it - I hate playing games that don't have all of their content in yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Wow, some things in this are just such rear end in a top hat moves that necessitate more grinding and nothing else. What finally made me Alt+F4 and try again instead of grinding for more money and doing the same thing again now that I know something different was spelunking the citadel at Godfall. Got like 16 foxfire candles for it, just to be sure, which cost a fair amount. Made it to the end of the tunnel, and.. I need an "ambiguous eolith", whatever that is, to go further. Nowhere was this hinted before so I've just given all of my thingamajigs to the university. So, I would have needed to trek all the way back, losing more candles in the process, buy an eolith, grind money for more candles, get back to Godfall to try again and gently caress it, alt+f4 time, it's just not worth it.

The developers can write, sure, but I'm not sure if they've got a good grasp on the whole game design-thing. Most of the game seems to be either just twirling your thumbs and waiting for your lumbering boat to make it somewhere (maybe make a time acceleration-thing for these? A "x1, x2 or x4 speed"-toggle somewhere?), clicking the "give me a random encounter that may or may not completely gently caress me over"-button ashore, or occasionally dipping into the awful combat system.

EDIT: It's also odd how getting to places seems like quite a while but the sea still doesn't -feel- vast at all; everything seems pretty clumped together, which makes it feel like you're sailing in a kiddie pool and your zailors are babies who start losing their minds the moment you move two meters from the shore.

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 1, 2014

• Locked thread