Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The origins of myth
Africa
Mesopotamia
Egypt
Greece
China
India
Iran/Aryans
Turks
Neanderthals
Rome
View Results

• Locked thread
Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

Honestly the origins of myths is a really fascinating subject to me. I like thinking about how the natural world and human conflicts and stuff were interpreted by ancient man, and how threads of the stories first told tens of thousands of years ago still exist in the stories and religions we have today.

Take Odin, for example. Was the origin of Odin tribal shamanism? How did he evolve over time to become the Santa Clause we know today (because he totally did)?

real post over

fart

I'd like to read what you say without getting a seizure. Please change your avatar or post something that I can skip immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

naem posted:

It bothers me that myths were the best people could come up with like, c'mon guys
Wow lol. Give the ancient little respect. Modern people don't even understand what myths are.

• Locked thread