Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

XP: 0 | Harm - | Conditions: Pretender

Darius bolts upright and stares down at his backpack in horror. He then composes himself, clears his voice, and says "I don't hear anything. At all. You need to get more sleep, Grace." He nudges his backpack with his foot to be sure the message got across.

Shut Someone Down: 2d6+2 8 CC gains the Shut the gently caress Up condition and he can give Darius a condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

0 XP Conditions: Clone, Icy, Stupid Bitch

Mira walks down the hallway, looking forward. "Hi Roman. I didn't see you at your own party last night: did something come up? Come to think of it, I didn't see your brothers either. I hope you're not ill, that would be a shame."

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

XP: 1 | Advances: 1 | Harm: 0 | Condition: One of Them

"Sorry," Ophelia says, insincerely. She hears Mira's voice and suddenly remembers they were supposed to meet - poo poo, that's what causing trouble gets her. She stands up with a squeak. "Mira! I'm sorry, um, something... came up."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mira looks down at Ophelia, her face cold. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

XP: 1 | Advances: 1 | Harm: 0 | Condition: One of Them

Ophelia's face crumbles. She sits back down and looks away from Mira, not answering.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Delilah

You hear an answer, but it comes not from the unknowable voice of The Emissary. It comes from the sound of steel against steel. It reminds you of power, of the kind of strength few have, the kind that lesser beings will ultimately serve in time.

"Child, look not to that creature for purpose or power. Your home is in danger, sinking further into decadence and self-destruction with every passing moment. There is only one way to save this wretched facsimile of Gomorrah. These people must not be taught. They must not be warned. They must be bound to the yoke or suffer their end. Consider wisely your allegiances, child, in these coming days."

Darius

The giggling immediately stops. It looks like CC got the message. But how did he get in there, beyond Officer Malone's inspection? WHY is he in there? CC had a message for you too. You're never alone, whether you like it or not.

CC gives Darius the Haunted Condition.

Mira

Sounds like you're Shutting Ophelia Down. Roll with Cold, please.

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 11, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mira smiles coldly. "I didn't think so."

Mira rolls to shut Ophelia down: 8 + 1 = 9. We both gain a condition on each other; Mira gives Ophelia the invisible condition. Mira also marks 1 xp.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 11, 2014

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

XP: 1 | Advances: 1 | Harm: 0 | Condition: One of Them, Invisible

Ophelia gives Mira the condition Traitor.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The Nurse's Office

Roman raises an eyebrow at the exchange between Ophelia and Mira before responding to the latter's question.

"They're not actually my bro.." he shakes his head, "Well anyway, there's a time to make yourself seen and a time to just let things be. Everyone was having a good time, there was no need to cast glory down upon ourselves." His smile becomes a smirk as he adds, "But don't worry, I'm sure you and your sirens will get all the attention you desire and more."

He leaves, walking past Mira without another word.

Officer Malone clears his throat abruptly. "Do you need something?"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

1 XP Conditions: Clone, Icy, Stupid Bitch, Traitor

Mira looks at the officer, her eyes wide. "I heard there was a gunshot! Did someone do something? Did you have to save us, Officer? Was it scary?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

XP: 0 | Adv: 1 | Conditions: Lost Soul

Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips. - Exodus 23:13

The voice makes her go pale, and her fingers curl in tight. Was this the other angel she had just seen? But why would it warn her like this? And if it wasn't the angel, then what? Delilah swallows slowly, trying to contain her fear. Never in her life had she questioned the Emissary. But then, never had she appealed to it and found another voice. She suddenly felt very, very alone, and threw a look back at Grace, sullen and quiet behind her.

Prayer group was going to be more of a challenge than she thought.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The Nurse's Office

The officer gives Mira a sullen glare. "It's under control, kid. Just get what you need and get to class. Christ, I need a smoke. Nurse, will you keep an eye on our would-be shooter here?"

A passive shrug is all the acknowledgement the nurse provides. The cop shakes his head. "Look, just don't go anywhere, Rosie. I'll be back." He sighs, removing his cap to scratch the top of his head as he leaves both of you alone with the barely present nurse.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mira calls into the office. "Nurse Rosalyn? You look like you're having a bad day. Can I get you anything? A cup of coffee from the cafeteria, maybe?"

(Mira is trying to catch the nurse's attention and distract her so Ophelia can escape.)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mira returns from the cafeteria a couple minutes later with a cup of coffee. "Two sweeteners and one cream, just how you like it Nurse Rosalyn." Mira smiles and makes small talk with the nurse for a few minutes. holding her hands behind her. Her left hand is making a waving sign to Ophelia: go!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Ophelia is confused for a second - Mira is sending some serious mixed messages. But she's not going to look a gift escape in the mouth. She gets up and runs through the nearest wall, not even paying attention to where or in what direction she's going.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ophelia

In your haste, you barely notice the student as you turn a corner. Normally you'd run right through and be forgotten in a few minutes, but this time you hit him hard. You almost fall back like last time, but the dead boy grabs your wrist. Yeah, it's Jeffrey.

"You really need to start watching where you're going. Is being dead always so troublesome?"

If Mira joins Ophelia, she won't be able to see or hear Jeffrey.

Darius

You make it through first period without losing a toenail or aggravating anyone especially badly. Go you! You're tempted to believe that it'll be smooth sailing until lunch, until you round a corner in the hallway and see Big D threatening some sophomore students.

"I d-don't know where he is!" one of the students is almost crying, "Just because we're in the same grade doesn't mean Darius and I are friends or anything."

poo poo, he's looking for you. Do you let yourself be found or do you try to Run Away before he notices you?

For the sake of giving people poo poo to do and advancing some of the stories, we're playing a little fast and loose with time right now. Also, Wahad is on vacation so Delilah's day is gonna be pretty calm until lunch probably.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Ophelia grunts, the spectral wind knocked out of her lungs as she slams into Jeffrey. "What the hell?" she wheezes before she sees the culprit. She half-heartedly tries to wrest her hand away. "Are... are you a ghost? Why are you following me?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Another encounter with Dan is inevitable, so Darius sighs and walks up to the group. "I'm right here, D. What's up?" He gives the other sophomores a look like 'Run for your goddamned lives and don't look back.'

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ophelia

Jeffrey shrugs. "Well, I think I'm dead. So I guess I'm a ghost? You're dead too, right? You flipped out and killed a bunch of people last year." He shakes his head. "loving harsh.

"Anyway, I'm not following you. Or I don't think I am. I just keep on ending up where you are.

"Maybe you're following me."

Darius

The sophomores gladly take the opportunity you've given them, running of as if the fear of God possesses them.

Big D stands over you with a grimace on his face. Looking back, it's actually kind of astounding how little he changes when he "goes into troll mode" or whatever that poo poo is.

He places a firm hand on your shoulder. You almost feel like you're going to break through the floor. "It's about Alex. He said you were getting something for him. He said I should get it from you.

"Do you have it?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Darius isn't quite sure if the boy is threatening him yet or not; it feels like his shoulder's about to explode, but that just seems to be D's normal disposition. "...Not yet. I'll try to get it tonight and pass it off to you in the morning, alright?"

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Ophelia scowls at Jeffrey. "I didn't... flip out." Yes she did. But what does he know? "And I'm not following you! I'm - " Running away just like usual? " - looking for your sister. Which you should be doing, too!"

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Darius

Big D's grip on your shoulder tightens. "Not good enough, Culpepper. I want it by the end of the school day or your rear end is grass."

Ophelia

Jeffrey shrugs. "I've seen her around. Doesn't look like she can hear or see me. Honestly, I didn't think anyone could until you ran into me earlier.

"I feel bad that she's getting all bent out of shape over me. I wish I could help.

"Why are you trying to find her, anyway?"

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Ophelia grimaces! Today is just really not her day. And she can't even go home and take a nice nap. "I helped her get in here so she could look for who, uh... you know. Did the thing. To you." She swallows. "It didn't go too great. Stay away from that girl who hangs around with the preacher's daughter, she hates ghosts. Or maybe just me. ...probably just me."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mira walks by Ophelia, her eyes fierce, making a "run" gesture. We have to get out of here!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ophelia

You can hear the click of heels against the tiled hallway floor. "Ophelia?" a distraught Nurse Manson can be heard down the hall and around the corner. "poo poo! Ophelia!"

She's looking for you. Jeffrey gives an impressed whistle. "You sure are popular! How do you do it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

XP: 2 | Advances: 1 | Harm: 0 | Condition: One of Them, Invisible

Ophelia wastes no time in getting the hell out of Dodge. She shoves into Jeffrey as she jogs by him, following Mira. Sure, he's already dead, but that doesn't mean she can't be a dick to him.

Rolling to shut Jeff down! A 3? Come the gently caress on :( At least I get to mark XP.

• Locked thread