Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

anilEhilated posted:

The PDW or SMG or TLA starts off rather underwhelming - inaccurate, weak but fast, you know the drill. It will get better. I'm not really sure what the description is pointing at - to my untrained eyes it looks like an UZI (which is what Wang used in the original game) and I thought those were made in Israel, not Germany. Maybe some local gun nut would know?

It's very obviously a remodeled H&K MP7.

I figured it was a joke about how a lot of games will use a very slightly off-model version of a real gun to avoid having to deal with licensing issues, such as Leon's default handgun in Resident Evil 4 not quite being an H&K USP 9mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

The "oh my God, Becky" line is from the infamous American pop song "Baby Got Back."

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Neruz posted:

Lo Wang is definitely not a good guy; he is in fact a textbook example of the wrong guy in the right place. Demons are about and they are doing nasty demon things, Lo Wang is only killing the demons because he basically enjoys killing things, but the demons need killing anyway and Lo Wang's motivations for killing the demons are less important than the actual killing.

I think it has more to do with, as was said earlier, Lo Wang views the demon invasion as, at long last, his opportunity to be a superhero. He says as much to Hoji when he picks up the armor he has stored in his home. It certainly doesn't hurt that he has absolutely no compunction about killing anything, but he's also not a complete deranged lunatic either.

As was said earlier, Lo Wang in 2013 is an Internet zombie survival nerd who A) has the skills to back up the fantasy and B) actually stumbled into an analogous situation.

• Locked thread