Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

if feeling full is what leads you astray, dont eat until you feel full. stop before you are full

its really loving simple

eat less than you are eating now and give it some time. check your weight, if its decreasing as much as you want, continue, if you want it to decrease faster, eat less

there's nothing else to it

Yeah, I know. I never had to worry about this poo poo when I was thin. I figure all the manual labor I was doing, combined with my youth made it easy to eat whatever the gently caress I wanted.

Gaining sixty pounds in fifteen years is alarming though. That's 'only' four pounds a year. Sneaks up on a man.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

why not just show some self-control and not loving eat all the goddamn time at your desk?

I try to design my diet to minimize the amount of self-control I need to spend on deciding what to eat.

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
Watch the movie Supersize Me.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

If you're a woman birth control or several hormone conditions such as PCOS can make you a fatass in literally weeks. Like a reverse miracle diet pill

I'm only fatter than average by about 10 pounds but used to be rail thin, so gaining a lot of weight in a short time could've been much worse. The fat came on from a mixture of BC, switching to a desk job, and being unable to eat quite a few healthy foods because of a selection of really retarded counterproductive food sensitivities. (GERD so bad I can't eat meat, lips swell and throat closes up when I eat fruit, lactose intolerant, allergic to soymilk). To make things worse I can't do most workout exercises due to several nasty back conditions, 3 herniated discs and spondylosis.

Dropping sugar and cutting out meat almost entirely while supplementing with protein bars, shakes and tofu are helping me maintain. The next step was a careful diet centered around getting the vitamins and fiber fruit couldn't provide. Sugar free oatmeal and if I feel like cheating, a low fat multigrain bagel for breakfast, kale green and blueberry salad for lunch, tofu dinner. The last piece so far has been finding out what exercises can be done with a bad back. Recumbant biking is good for this condition and I'm hoping to regain enough back strength to jog.

Still not actually losing but better than gaining at least, and I have way more energy and feel stronger. I'm also gaining more muscle and a bit of an "hourglass" shape back even though the scale hasn't gone down.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

kazr posted:

my really really really fat aunt was berating me when i was scramblin' up some eggs telling me they're high in cholesterol. she looked at me like i was talking in a different language when i tried to explain that cholesterol in eggs is good for you and your body turns all the dog poo poo processed food into bad cholesterol

this is why america is fat

There's a ton of misinformation about food and weight loss out there. I remember seeing a woman in a grocery store tell her companion not to get a certain brand of yogurt because the label said "active cultures" - "that means bacteria." (Protip: all yogurt is made with bacteria. The bacteria not only doesn't make you sick, it also aids in digestion.)

One of the big ones is that a slow metabolism is almost always the main culprit in weight gain. Sorry, it's taking in more calories than you burn (unless you have a thyroid condition). In fact, heavy people tend to have higher metabolisms than thin people. But the "slow metabolism" myth is so effective because it gives you an out for being fat: "There's no point in trying to lose weight, I'm destined to always be fat because of my slow metabolism."

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Cuckoo posted:

Dropping sugar and cutting out meat almost entirely while supplementing with protein bars, shakes and tofu are helping me maintain. The next step was a careful diet centered around getting the vitamins and fiber fruit couldn't provide. Sugar free oatmeal and if I feel like cheating, a low fat multigrain bagel for breakfast, kale green and blueberry salad for lunch, tofu dinner. The last piece so far has been finding out what exercises can be done with a bad back. Recumbant biking is good for this condition and I'm hoping to regain enough back strength to jog.

Greedy pig! An apple a day was all Christian Bale ate for 6 months to get that beautiful body in The Machinist

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Morally Inept posted:

Watch the movie Supersize Me.

A bullshit movie.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw a fat person today and almost barfed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a creepy colon posted:

I saw a fat person today and almost barfed

you must not hold down any food ever if you live in america then

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

in order to lose weight you have to suffer one way or another - exercise a lot, eat less of your favorite foods, take ruinous diet pills, or get surgery. people like me are fat because we don't like suffering

also fit people at gyms can be hella intimidating to a fatty. gym people, i know we fatties don't deserve your kindness and help, but more regular gym-goers means fewer fat people to assault your eyes, so why not take a chance and befriend the fat people who come to your gym?

lol physical exercise is suffering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVCfDioTcY

we disagree

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Un-l337-Pork posted:

The rich want to keep the poor fat and unhealthy to keep them more focused on their own problems instead of over-throwing the current plutocracy. This was easy to accomplish because humans are animals and naturally crave things like sugar and fat, so the food companies just started putting tons of sugar and fat into everything.

lol dnd.txt nice

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Saw an extremely fat child drinking an insanely large can of Arizona sweet tea.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

Correction: we'd rather put off our suffering. After all, it's Future Me who's going to have to deal with the diabeetus, so why should I deny Present Me that double-fudge sundae just to help her out? That bitch doesn't even exist yet!

And FYI, I am trying to do more healthy things like eat better and get more exercise. Once I start earning money I hope to get and use a gym membership, too.

there is no try. there is do and do not.

simply, do.

e: did chest, ate a 10 egg omlette w chicken, onion ,peppers, spinach and bacon in it

conquer the omlette

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
The worst excuse I hear from my fat and unfit friends is "exercise sucks, it hurts, why would I do something that hurts?" It only hurts because you're used to sitting all day and your muscles aren't used to moving or lifting. When you get used to it exercising feels great, and then your muscles get big and you lose weight and you feel good about yourself because you're not out of breath from standing up from your chair.

But I guess it's easier to sit around eating chips and pizzas while chugging cola then dedicating a small amount of time each day to exercise. And if you just like eating a lot the best thing you can do is workout because then you're always hungry and you can eat like 4 meals a day and feel good about it.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Also a lot of fat people are mortified by the idea of being seen trying to exercise. They think people would look down on them or something. Essentially fat is the physical manifestation of having a negative defeatist attitude.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Also a lot of fat people are mortified by the idea of being seen trying to exercise. They think people would look down on them or something. Essentially fat is the physical manifestation of having a negative defeatist attitude.

It's true. Sometimes I feel self conscious when I walk or cycle, but that goes away pretty soon. You just have to push through it. Exercise feels pretty drat good.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How to not be fat:

1) never eat anything that has an ingredient label

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Greedy pig! An apple a day was all Christian Bale ate for 6 months to get that beautiful body in The Machinist

jesus gently caress how did he not die from doing that? im going to assume that is all cg.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Because people are lazy rear end mother fuckers

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
dont really get the trend of actors putting themselves through extreme body transformations and people heaping praise on them for doing so. just seems unhealthy to me. i heard that gerard butler caught poo poo from the trainer/workout expert that worked with the cast of 300 for going off diet and drinking beer. thats the kind of dude i could support

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Cucking Mama posted:

a lot of people think the gym is bullshit, op

those people are worthless idiots whodeserve to be mocked and bullied

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

Correction: we'd rather put off our suffering. After all, it's Future Me who's going to have to deal with the diabeetus, so why should I deny Present Me that double-fudge sundae just to help her out? That bitch doesn't even exist yet!

And FYI, I am trying to do more healthy things like eat better and get more exercise. Once I start earning money I hope to get and use a gym membership, too.

JUST EAT LESS UGHHHHHHH

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
honestly just develop an adult palate already and stop eating all that crap filled with sugar and syrup

fast food is loving disgusting, for one. never eat that unless it's absolutely necessary.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
Too many pizza

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

JUST EAT LESS UGHHHHHHH

Good news! That's what I'm doing.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

it's pretty true unless you're buying fresh ingredients and cooking for yourself daily your diet is probably full of crap

ur wrong and stupid. frozen veggies have just as much benefit as "fresh" i.e. frozen for travel food.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

in order to lose weight you have to suffer one way or another - exercise a lot, eat less of your favorite foods, take ruinous diet pills, or get surgery. people like me are fat because we don't like suffering

also fit people at gyms can be hella intimidating to a fatty. gym people, i know we fatties don't deserve your kindness and help, but more regular gym-goers means fewer fat people to assault your eyes, so why not take a chance and befriend the fat people who come to your gym?

everyone bully and cyber intimidate this fat shitheel into lifting a weight.

his fatness affects our insurance premiums.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kombotron posted:

his body weight is a weight, in a sense. i bet a fat person doing squats would put the fat's fat burning into overdrive. hell just working up to my 5x5 weights gets me soaked.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fatkraken posted:

that bodybuilder is practically passed out from dehydration and pre-contest body fat reduction, right? what does someone like that look like between competitions?
Big and bloaty.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Kombotron posted:

This is now the FiB thread.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

start lifting weights you fat piece of poo poo

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Kombotron posted:

you already did it

it's done

give yourselves a pat on the back

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

put tomate on the burg

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Pththya-lyi posted:

you already did it

it's done

give yourselves a pat on the back

you're still fat/haven't killed yourself. you need more shame.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Cuckoo posted:

If you're a woman birth control or several hormone conditions such as PCOS can make you a fatass in literally weeks. Like a reverse miracle diet pill

I'm only fatter than average by about 10 pounds but used to be rail thin, so gaining a lot of weight in a short time could've been much worse. The fat came on from a mixture of BC, switching to a desk job, and being unable to eat quite a few healthy foods because of a selection of really retarded counterproductive food sensitivities. (GERD so bad I can't eat meat, lips swell and throat closes up when I eat fruit, lactose intolerant, allergic to soymilk). To make things worse I can't do most workout exercises due to several nasty back conditions, 3 herniated discs and spondylosis.

Still not actually losing but better than gaining at least, and I have way more energy and feel stronger. I'm also gaining more muscle and a bit of an "hourglass" shape back even though the scale hasn't gone down.

theres no proof of PCOS causing obesity and the proof of obesity causing PCOS is circumstantial. if you have hypothyroidism bad enough to get the max 300 cal/day difference it could make you are also bald and sporting a moustache.

eating more calories than you need is what causes fatness

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kombotron posted:

ur wrong and stupid. frozen veggies have just as much benefit as "fresh" i.e. frozen for travel food.

that's cool do you want to cite anything or are you just an idiot

freezing vegetables makes them lose some nutritional value and greatly changes their texture
http://www.extension.umn.edu/food/food-safety/preserving/freezing/the-science-of-freezing-foods/

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

that's cool do you want to cite anything or are you just an idiot

freezing vegetables makes them lose some nutritional value and greatly changes their texture
http://www.extension.umn.edu/food/food-safety/preserving/freezing/the-science-of-freezing-foods/

when compared to field-fresh maybe, but poo poo that has been sitting in the store for 48 hours is for the most part less nutritious than deep frozen. your study cites vitamin C loss, which is one of the vitamins no one lacks today (because of ascorbic acid being used as a preservative everywhere). sorry if scurvy killed ur mom

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
frozen peas taste better than fresh peas

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't get locally grown produce

newreply.php posted:

when compared to field-fresh maybe, but poo poo that has been sitting in the store for 48 hours is for the most part less nutritious than deep frozen. your study cites vitamin C loss, which is one of the vitamins no one lacks today (because of ascorbic acid being used as a preservative everywhere). sorry if scurvy killed ur mom

I can just taste the difference I guess and frozen vegetables for the most part taste worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
instead of chopping off my dick and balls, i eat to relieve stress. i hope this was informational to you, original poster

• Locked thread