Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
The middle of the aisles in a grocery store make me very uneasy and mad. Why cant they just pay attention?

I make sure to stay out of peoples ways. I ensure that I dont block other people from things.

What do you think is just plain awful and bad in a grocery store?

Grocery talk ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I agree OP

many people are inconsiderate of others and it is irritating

I hate when I stand there for a couple seconds and finally have to smile and say 'excuse me' and it's like bitch just move already

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

when that happens I just meekly wheel my cart away and go to the next aisle, go the the end, and then come back into the first aisle from the other end. then I make up sweet burns I totally was going to use on them. :twisted:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

many people are inconsiderate of others and it is irritating

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i just conduct myself inside of the local discount grocery stores as if im in a Moroccan bazaar and ive yet to experience any downside to doing so

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

open your goony mouth and say excuse me

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
the fact of the matter is most people are just completely unaware of their own surroundings which is a good thing when you need to suit up in your ninja suit and tabi boots and assasinate a warlord or something, but in day to day life it is very annoying

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
fat milf asses making me linger

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sether01 posted:

the fact of the matter is most people are just completely unaware of their own surroundings

this too

I don't understand how people can live for decades and still be so oblivious

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i think people like this are aware that they are self-centered and always in the way, but just dont really give a poo poo

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

when that happens I just meekly wheel my cart away and go to the next aisle, go the the end, and then come back into the first aisle from the other end. then I make up sweet burns I totally was going to use on them. :twisted:

I mostly shop on the outside ring of the grocery store. However, all the frozen veggies are in the middle and near the radioactive Hormel meat slime. Which means there are people that eat Hormel-slop near where I get my frozen veg.

They should really separate the disgusting horrible foods and the normal human being foods.

I need to start shopping super early or super late I guess.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why are you buying frozen vegetables

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

they are better than canned vegetables, and often frozen vegetables, which are frozen at the point of harvest, are fresher than "fresh" vegetables depending on the quality of your local supermarket's produce section

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

When I go to grocery stores I look to see what other people are buying and I just take the items I want from their shopping cart. It's not like they paid for that poo poo yet, it's not theirs!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the freezing process destroys a lot of what makes vegetables good though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

When I go to grocery stores I look to see what other people are buying and I just take the items I want from their shopping cart. It's not like they paid for that poo poo yet, it's not theirs!
holy poo poo man. I will fight you.

e: I don't spend 10 mins selecting onions just to have some ducknuts fool steal them from me :argh:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

the freezing process destroys a lot of what makes vegetables good though

do you have like, science, to back that up?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
one time i was at the walmart looking for citronella candles and i tried to take a shortcut through the toy aisle to get to the gardening section

standing in the aisle was a woman so massive that her gut was pressed against the nerf gun display, while her butt was inches from the transformers ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE AISLE

i started down the aisle and saw her, paused, then just decided that nothing could be worth squeezing past that and went around to the next aisle

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
you could also just start taking things from their cart and putting them into yours and if they say anything just be like 'oh, i thought it was just a stand for popular foods, since it's just in the middle and not moving'

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

oh wtf man

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I have never worked in a grocery store, or even retail, but it really bothers me when I see someone leave an item that they decided they didn't want after all, in a different place. I'm talking about people leaving cottage cheese or some poo poo on the bread shelf. It's going to go bad there; why are you such an rear end in a top hat?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

shopping in a busy modern supermarket is an adventure in passive aggression for everyone involved

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

why are you buying frozen vegetables

As an example...

A large bag of frozen artichoke hearts from Frey Meyers is $3.49. There is no salt, no vinegar, and its just fresh nice artichoke hearts. The jarred horrible sodium laced artichoke hearts are 2.49 for a tiny amount. And, fresh artichokes are rather expensive too.

Its not always economical to buy fresh veg.

Berries are also way cheaper frozen. Bitch need her smoothies. :colbert:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

THS posted:

do you have like, science, to back that up?

yeah, when you freeze vegetables the water in their cells expands which destroys the cell membrane and ruptures the cell, causing the taste to change, texture to change, and losing nutrients

psyopmonkey posted:

Bitch need her smoothies. :colbert:

yeah that's fine then

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

As an example...

A large bag of frozen artichoke hearts from Frey Meyers is $3.49. There is no salt, no vinegar, and its just fresh nice artichoke hearts. The jarred horrible sodium laced artichoke hearts are 2.49 for a tiny amount. And, fresh artichokes are rather expensive too.

Its not always economical to buy fresh veg.

Berries are also way cheaper frozen. Bitch need her smoothies. :colbert:
yeah. where I am frozen okra is like 1/3 the price of fresh okra.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

yeah, when you freeze vegetables the water in their cells expands which destroys the cell membrane and ruptures the cell, causing the taste to change, texture to change, and losing nutrients

i cant notice the difference so

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

THS posted:

sorry your palate isn't refined enough I guess

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I mean like frozen vegetables in a salad would be disgusting but for a stew or something it's hard to tell the diff

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I have never worked in a grocery store, or even retail, but it really bothers me when I see someone leave an item that they decided they didn't want after all, in a different place. I'm talking about people leaving cottage cheese or some poo poo on the bread shelf. It's going to go bad there; why are you such an rear end in a top hat?

I picked out some yum 70% Cacao sea salt chocolate from the candy isle. I found a better deal in the health food section for some chocolate that has a cute ocelot on it. I left the 70% chocolate in the health food section... :ohdear:

But yeah, leaving perishables somewhere where they dont belong is some serious walmart level poo poo.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah i use frozen veggies in soups all the time. no problem. who the gently caress would use them in a salad christ

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

plus for the retarded among us, its just convenient to have a bunch of frozen vegetables ready for use than juggle vegetables at various stages of rot and decay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just buy what you need to make food for that day or two then go get groceries again

it's not like you're managing a whole walk in

although yeah it's probably more expensive that way granted

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

THS posted:

I totally notice the difference. However, once again, its more economical to get frozen for most of my meals.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

THS posted:

plus for the retarded among us, its just convenient to have a bunch of frozen vegetables ready for use than juggle vegetables at various stages of rot and decay
some things like peas are just so much more convenient because it sucks having to spend 15 mins having to shell 5 peoples' worth of peas

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Back when I was 15 and working in a supermarket, sometimes me and my stupid bakery friends would go mess up other people's departments for fun. The best ones to mess with were seafood and frozens. No we did not give a single gently caress about losing our corporate employer money.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

some things like peas are just so much more convenient because it sucks having to spend 15 mins having to shell 5 peoples' worth of peas

Some of the dishes I do require frozen peas.

Fresh peas dont make a good curry dipping sauce like the frozen do...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shithouse Dave posted:

Back when I was 15 and working in a supermarket, sometimes me and my stupid bakery friends would go mess up other people's departments for fun. The best ones to mess with were seafood and frozens. No we did not give a single gently caress about losing our corporate employer money.
hm did you put your dick in the deli slicer???

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

a hole-y ghost posted:

hm did you put your dick in the deli slicer???

I am a woman (now).

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shithouse Dave posted:

I am a woman (now).
well woman are just men whose penises God put in the deli slicer :smug:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Moridin920 posted:

just buy what you need to make food for that day or two then go get groceries again

it's not like you're managing a whole walk in

although yeah it's probably more expensive that way granted

lol spoken like a true douchebag

some of us have to spend money on gas to get to a grocery store, and/or spend time to walk/bike/bus there

normal people need to buy like a week or more worth of groceries at a time you loving bougie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

lol spoken like a true douchebag

some of us have to spend money on gas to get to a grocery store, and/or spend time to walk/bike/bus there

normal people need to buy like a week or more worth of groceries at a time you loving bougie

idk most grocery stores really aren't all that far away

and if you really were a poor person there's no way you can afford a week's worth of groceries all at once anyway :colbert: I've been there, it was scrounging up change for a meal that day and not worrying about tomorrow until tomorrow

• Locked thread