Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
when i was a kid i read like 21 books out of the xanth series. it was basically erotic fiction for teens. thanks piers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
+n-thing Hearne's Iron Druid books as better replacements for the Dresden Files. Very similar schtick, but the main character and underlying sexist poo poo are notably less odious. Also the writing is better overall.

And yet another decent "urban fantasy" wizard-for-hire series if you're still in the market is Mike Carey's Felix Castor novels. Carey is a comic book writer maybe known for his stuff on DC's Hellblazer and all of the Sandman spin-off Lucifer plus some stuff for 2000AD and a couple of big Marvel titles. The Castor books are a lot like the Dresden books in England with John Constantine as a P.I., if that makes any sense to you. The dialogue is intelligent and the plots have good pacing and are set well. The first one is The Devil You Know.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
terry pratchett and michael moorcock, op

• Locked thread