Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I am traveling to like 6 countries in the next two weeks and I am super anxious for some reason. I travel a lot and don't normally get this way.

Tell me something that will make me relax goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
crime is down across the world

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

John Kruk posted:

I am traveling to like 6 countries in the next two weeks and I am super anxious for some reason. I travel a lot and don't normally get this way.

Smoke a big ol' amount of meth.

Or, just have some tea and reflect on all the nice times you had traveling in the past.

hungry_mantis
Nov 28, 2013
smuggle drugs also so u don't have to worry about the anxiety about the travelling itself

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

John Kruk posted:

the fact that ISIS has declared a caliphate means that there is now an increased risk of terror attacks due to heightened confidence levels

if you are captured convert to islam. they will at least give you a quick death instead of torturing you

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I'm gonna tell the guy who wants to relax about the dangers of world travel :troll:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

the fact that ISIS has declared a caliphate means that there is now an increased risk of terror attacks due to heightened confidence levels

if you are captured convert to islam. they will at least give you a quick death instead of torturing you

I used to have a pretty neat beard when I lived abroad so I guess I could do it again.

I was going to post some arabic phrases about god here but I don't want to chance getting put on the no fly list right before my flight.

I heard on CNN that all those passengers are alive and well in Kazakhstan so that doesn't seem too horrible.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i go on planes all the time and sometimes I wish they would crash but they never do OP, because they're the safest form of travel

yeah sometimes poo poo happens but it's really really unlikely

otherwise idk where you're going so gl at the actual countries don't get murdered or whatever

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

where are you going op?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

where are you going op?

Frankfurt, Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Prague.

Moridin920 posted:

i go on planes all the time and sometimes I wish they would crash but they never do OP, because they're the safest form of travel

yeah sometimes poo poo happens but it's really really unlikely

otherwise idk where you're going so gl at the actual countries don't get murdered or whatever

I wish it was something like that. I don't really have a fear of flying since I travel at least twice a year. It is just this weird tension. Maybe it is because I haven't planned the trip out like normal and am just kind of winging it.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

John Kruk posted:

sounds fun :)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

John Kruk posted:

hope you kill dio, friend

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sounds like fun op. ive never traveled to europe and i am very jealous

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

John Kruk posted:

Chilled podcasts or something.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

THS posted:

your gay

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

John Kruk posted:

I wish it was something like that. I don't really have a fear of flying since I travel at least twice a year. It is just this weird tension. Maybe it is because I haven't planned the trip out like normal and am just kind of winging it.

Beware of pickpocketing!

Keep some money in your shoe.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're gonna die in a fireball when your plane explodes. hth

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
none of those places are particular hotspots for pickpocketing, just keep your wallet in your front pocket and put your hand on it every time a stranger bumps in to you even if they are a pretty girl

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Malaysia Airlines disclosed its cargo manifest on 1 May.[271] On 17 March, MAS chief executive, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, indicated only that the aircraft was carrying 3 to 4 tonnes/tons of mangosteens

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're going to get ebola, miss your flight, and be kidnapped by mercenaries who demand things that your government will never acquiesce to resulting in your torture sessions stretching out for weeks and you'll die as a result of infection from broken bones rather than outright violence.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Stoic Commie posted:

Malaysia Airlines disclosed its cargo manifest on 1 May.[271] On 17 March, MAS chief executive, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, indicated only that the aircraft was carrying 3 to 4 tonnes/tons of mangosteens

holy gently caress, lowtax joke mangosteen now we know china mods knew hosed up if true

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

People will shout things at you in a language that you'll never understand, then arrest you and try you without council.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Kruk posted:

I did almost this same trip but im not an idiot so I went to berlin instead of frankfurt lol have fun retard also skip bartislava entirely

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Berlin is the funnest city in the world

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

all of those places are famous for sausage. are you a sausage distributor, op?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

paging bartislava is ded to this thread

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some gay tried to slip me the sausage at the bar in berlin but i insisted I didnt get down like that before he persisted and i fired off two hollow points from my 9 into his dome

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

THS posted:

I've been to Scotland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and France. After a while you'll sorta want to just get back to the USA where everything is better.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
literally everything is better in the US its true

you dont even get grocery bags at places in europe its like the stone age

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

People will shout things at you in a language that you'll never understand, then arrest you and try you without council.
This is my biggest fear in life honestly.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

a creepy colon posted:

some gay tried to slip me the sausage at the bar in berlin but i insisted I didnt get down like that before he persisted and i fired off two hollow points from my 9 into his dome

wait am I understanding this correctly?
Someone was sexually attracted to you?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

I've been to Scotland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and France. After a while you'll sorta want to just get back to the USA where everything is better.

this is true europeans do some kind of strange things

like a lot of little things; a lot of buildings don't have screens on the windows so bugs will just fly in (when I asked people in Germany about this, they said screens look ugly. Italians say because the night air is bad for you so you can't open the window anyway.), the cute cobblestone streets are actually kind of annoying to walk or drive on all the time, idk a bunch of random poo poo

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

a creepy colon posted:

Berlin is the funniest city in the world

Also, keep all your money in your urethra.
That way the only way is can be stolen is if you're gettin' a beej.
So it kind of evens out.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
always keep a scout's heightx3 of rope with ya

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
That water on the plane that they pour from a pitcher is like loving full of bacteria. Seriously look it up.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 6, 2014

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
They recently found out that more than 65% of commercial planes had bed bug infestations in their seats. Have a good trip.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

ghlbtsk posted:

Also, keep all your money in your urethra.

This is not a good idea in Berlin.

I recommend getting a wig and hide at least 30 Euro in it.

Obviously, you'll have to wear it.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
You gonna die son, and die ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

John Kruk posted:

You probably won't have to overhear any conversations about Obamacare in a language you can understand.

On a less serious note, maybe you'll take something away from this:

This one time i was walking through unfamiliar countryside at night. I suddenly realised i was lost. My smartphone died, rendering me without satnav. I have a terrible sense of direction. All i could see in every direction was fields, and had absolutely no idea which direction to head. There was something strangely euphoric about standing in a silent field watching the sunrise, realising I was completely hosed and simultaneously totally okay.

Not sure what i'm trying to say with that maybe i'm just gay

• Locked thread