Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

tengriism, super secret islam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Zoroastrianism obvs.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

double taoism

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Why Pastafarianism of course!

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
i'd probably rejoin the baha'is, or maybe check the quakers out

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

wicca is probably a good one for getting laid, if you have a time machine and hang around high schools.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Either Hinduism for the cool gods or the nearest Christian group for the :effort:.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
catholicism, check out those buildings :drat:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

fyodor posted:

loving Hail Satan, morons.

Hail Satan

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Flagrant Abuse posted:

i'd probably rejoin the baha'is, or maybe check the quakers out

lmao rejoin?

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Mahayana Buddhism, the coolest Buddhism

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Fandyien posted:

lmao rejoin?
yeah i was raised baha'i :shrug:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

greek paganism

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

To all of you idiots saying Catholism, Catholic cathedrals look like poo poo compared to Eastern Orthodox ones. Also, if you are Eastern Orthodox, you can just wander around Russia beating transexuals and gays, and nobody cares.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

whatever carlos castaneda is doing in those terrible books would be cool too. eat the peyote, become an evil sorcerer/shaman

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

Tiberius Thyben posted:

To all of you idiots saying Catholism, Catholic cathedrals look like poo poo compared to Eastern Orthodox ones. Also, if you are Eastern Orthodox, you can just wander around Russia beating transexuals and gays, and nobody cares.

That sounds good I'll change my answer to this

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Good ol' Roman animism. Take Catholicism back to it's roots.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Tricky D posted:

Good ol' Roman animism. Take Catholicism back to it's roots.

paganism: since you only go to church christmas and easter anyway

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you worship Bast can you write off kitty treats as a religious expense?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

spoon0042 posted:

paganism: since you only go to church christmas and easter anyway

I'm looking for something that requires me to make offerings at crossroads and watch birds to make important business decisions.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Tiberius Thyben posted:

orthodox might do well on the altars and interior decorating but as far as the buildings themselves go this is 100% false

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Scientology

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Flagrant Abuse posted:

yeah i was raised baha'i :shrug:

thats pretty weird man, don't baha'i believe all religions are okay or some other chill thing? i feel like everyone says baha'i be cool

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Pastafarianism as long as it isn't al dente.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

stuntwaffle posted:

the correct answer is Rastafarianism, weed is god

No joke, rastafarianism was founded because the Jamaicans thought that the emperor of Ethiopia during the 20th century, Haile Selassiem, was the reincarnation of Jesus.

I'd go with whichever religion required the least effort, so probably that libertarian bullshit satanism thing.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
if I were an atheist who had to pick a religion I would probably go with the religion that helped me fit in the most with whatever community I belonged to

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Marxism or like maybe Juche.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Wicca because I think spells are kind of neat. I'm a Hufflepuff according to Pottermore.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
if i was an atheist i'd probably choose the only true and correct one

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
all the people saying episcopal are correct, it's loving awesome. You get women priests and gay marriage plus all the shiny poo poo and wine of Catholicism.

southern baptists can suck my dick.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Everyone keeps telling me atheism is a religion. Let's go with that.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Kyrie eleison posted:

that would be Christianity

Alexzandvar posted:

all the people saying episcopal are correct, it's loving awesome. You get women priests and gay marriage plus all the shiny poo poo and wine of Catholicism.

southern baptists can suck my dick.

they won't suck your dick, for obvious reasons. you hosed up human being

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Latvian Orthodox

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
which religions let you smoke a ton of weed? one of those

I think ancient Thracians used to hotbox tents for their religion, I'd be down with that

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Cucking Mama posted:

if I were an atheist who had to pick a religion I would probably go with the religion that I currently am

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Kyrie eleison posted:

It would be Christianity since that reduces the suffering in a person's life, right? What a funny choice for someone with a Madoka Magica avatar!

(If it's not Madoka, please forgive me for not being the Anime Master, thank you.)

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
what about this one

male-designates can join but only if they renounce the penis and all of its works

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

I usually don't mind people changing up a quote for an own on me or to add a new angle, but I'd rather you didn't misrepresent my faith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Autumn Angel posted:

It would be Christianity since that reduces the suffering in a person's life, right? What a funny choice for someone with a Madoka Magica avatar!

(If it's not Madoka, please forgive me for not being the Anime Master, thank you.)

i'm glad you appreciate it, and yes it's madoka, well technically it's her sinister alter-ego kriemhild gretchen who likes to post on internet forums. cheers

• Locked thread